ADVERTISEMENT

Has Zion Practiced

I wasn’t comparing the injury. Was comparing what we have to deal with in terms of the wait

Hard to imagine him playing tomorrow having not had contact in practice. K said he was not close to playing Saturday against Miami so it would take a 180 for him to play Tuesday in my opinion.

He wasn't close because he hadn't practiced with contact. I think the moment he practices with any kind of contact is the moment he's probably ready to return. That could be today, then tomorrow.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
we'll see how it all plays out. looking at the injury as reported and the timetable, 2 weeks is usually what you are looking at. 2 weeks is this wednesday. in k's press conf following the miami game it did sound (imo) more negative than the positive vibes i was feeling before. he also said that with a player like zion and his off the charts athleticism he HAS to be 100% before putting him into a competitive situation b/c his body cant handle anything less. it sounds like zion has been working individually with the coaches in isolated drills, but as stated before no contact to date.

I’m thinking along the same lines... he plays about 15 mins tomorrow (shouldn’t need him long for a home game vs Wake) then a little more vs UNC and then he’s fully back by ACC tourney.. granite I’ve been wrong in the past

You’re comparing the wait times of 2 different injuries....

Lol I give up. I’m eagerly awaiting Zion’s return so that we may have our best chance at a title run, and I understand that he may not potentially return until the tournament. Hopefully it’s sooner. Yes, I remember feeling the same way about Kyrie. That’s all. I’m done, I’m wrong, I lost. Lol good day.

Phase 7, he stays all 4 years. Hangs 4 natty banners and #1 is retired in the rafters. He then enters a LeBron-less NBA with today’s stars on the decline and is undeniably the best player on the planet. Retires after 10 years and is handed the head coaching position here at Duke where everyone comes to play for the best player in basketball history and Duke proceeds to win the next 30 straight championships.

well-that-escalated-hxzzvb.jpg

Phase 7, he stays all 4 years. Hangs 4 natty banners and #1 is retired in the rafters. He then enters a LeBron-less NBA with today’s stars on the decline and is undeniably the best player on the planet. Retires after 10 years and is handed the head coaching position here at Duke where everyone comes to play for the best player in basketball history and Duke proceeds to win the next 30 straight championships.

You really think K is going to be done coaching at 85, huh?

Go ahead and do the honors!

If I start that thread I’ll have half of the board after me with pitchforks claiming that I’m a troll. I have to VERY carefully word anything neutral I say on here or I’ll get attacked in 5 seconds... Newbie treatment I guess? Lol

Fast learner I see lol.

Very fast — Not going to lie, I was about ready to just delete my account. But I think this is the best board on the ‘net so I nutted up and rode it out. Not sure if I’ve gained much respect at all, I’m still susceptible to being labeled as a former member or troll. It’s definitely lightened up some though.

I’m just happy to talk Duke basketball, even if it comes with some hazing lol

Reactions: retiredsoldier
Watching the TCU/KSU game and the announcer made a good point about Zion. At this point in the season, Zion isn’t going to be getting rusty having to sit out a few games. Question: could the added rest actually benefit him come tourney time? The man has a motor like I’ve never seen. I don’t even know if he knows what “tired” feels like. But, could this rest help him in a few weeks?

My family and I was at the Women’s game Sunday. We sat right in front of Carrawell, James, Jon, and Nolan. The way they talked Zion will return tomorrow. I hope this is real talk!!!

Note to self - start hitting womens games for insider info!

Reactions: skysdad and Dad2ze
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT