ADVERTISEMENT

Has Zion Practiced

duhondukie

Cameron Crazy
Jan 12, 2010
Does anyone know if Zion is actually participating in practice yet? I am thinking he is going to be out again Saturday, just a guess tho.

Reactions: jcdevilfan
Duke hasn’t released anything confirming or denying that. If I had to guess I’d say he’s active in practice as far as working on things individually (post game, shooting, dribbling) but whether or not he’s scrimmaging I have no clue.

Reactions: DUKEFEDFAN
The terminology confuses me.....Tre was “out indefinitely” and back within a week....Zion is “day to day” because it could be literally any day so how in the world would he still be out come Saturday or even until UNC. Why was Tre not “day to day” and Zion “out indefinately”

The terminology confuses me.....Tre was “out indefinitely” and back within a week....Zion is “day to day” because it could be literally any day so how in the world would he still be out come Saturday or even until UNC. Why was Tre not “day to day” and Zion “out indefinately”

Indefinitely is the terminology used when they diagnose the injury but don’t know the severity. Which was the case with Tre, they could diagnose the injury after it happened but an MRI was needed to know the severity.

Day to day is a minor injury that doesn’t take a long recovery but the return timetable just depends on the healing process. Every player is different.

I think you might be right. I just hope the kid is a little rebellious and doesn't listen to Pops. I won't be happy until I see him on the floor with the ball in play.
I am starting to believe this. I don’t believe he is coming back because I don’t want to be let down. If I see him playing in a Duke uniform then I will be estatic

I will be absolutely shocked if he doesn't come back.....I don't think it's in his DNA not to.
Yea I'm in this camp. Doesn't mean I'm not nervous about it, but I just don't see him looking his teammates in the face and saying..."hey guys I know we have sweat and fought together, with the goal of winning a Natty, but I'm gonna shut it down for the draft."

His knee is fine. He’s just waiting for the big national exposure games. This was the comprimise struck after his scare. I support the decision.

Proof?

Who has any reason to believe daddy said don’t ever play again at duke?

Somebody just making things up... If his dad said this it would be splattered all over ESPN and the internet.

Reactions: pisgah101
I can't tell who is trolling and who believes what they are saying ITT.

giphy.gif

His knee is fine. He’s just waiting for the big national exposure games. This was the comprimise struck after his scare. I support the decision.
We should really stop using Lavar Ball as our arbitrator.

The paranoia by some here is staggering lol

SoCal you always really cut to the chase very well and thats one reason I enjoy your posts. Per your point of any "paranoia," I think its all the mystery or uncertainty surrounding the exact game, date, etc Zion will return, and things flying around on social media.I even had a Duke fan (diehards like us) reach out to me in the last hour saying Zion has called a press conference tomorow....I mean where does it stop?????!!!

Coach K was adamant he would be back, and I believe in the GOAT! Ultimately I know we will ALL be relieved once we see him back on the court! Thanks-

OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
I really hope he can get at least one game under his belt before unc, and I'm sure he'd like another game in Cameron

That was my thinking. One would think that he’d want to play at least 15-20 minutes before UNC, as well as get to play in front of the Cameron Crazies one last time.

Reactions: DukefanKY
a grade 1 sprain takes about 2 weeks for recovery. this coming wednesday will be 2 weeks since the injury. so if you follow that line of thought, and what k has said in numerous interviews........."there is a 4 stage protocol that they are going to follow before letting zion play" then it is fair to assume we will not see zion play until the unc game assuming he is healed and ready. anything before the unc game would be looked at as a bonus based off the information that has been put out there, and that i have read.

I haven’t seen much information about the injury I just don’t see the need for his return before UNC and risk further injury

i would seriously doubt he would return at UNC - although anything is possible. more likely he returns at home.

Im hoping for the Miami game.

i would seriously doubt he would return at UNC - although anything is possible. more likely he returns at home.

Im hoping for the Miami game.
Then I’d put it at wake. That would put him at his four game mark since he last played

Reactions: hart2chesson
I don’t know if people trust Jeff goodman, but last Friday he said his source said Zion would be out for a week. I’m hoping he is right and that he will be back Saturday. Time will tell.

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT