ADVERTISEMENT

Final UNC AFAM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if UNC fans are reading this and calling it a "Duke meltdown"?

If so, I'd just like to say, "I could give a shit about North Carolina."

We're going to beat y'alls asses with players who go to class. Name one way UNC is better than Duke. I challenge you to find something other than nightlife.

Uhhh winning championships, for one

Reactions: toophly1124
I do like the fact that morons like you will show up over here now and taunt because you got away with cheating. I like most unc fans approach, staying quiet and hoping it will all just pass. But, there will be that occasional Drivebydickhead, such as thaUNCshow, that are actually happy they got away with cheating. Good job man. Hang a banner.

Depends on how he meant it. Does he believe UNC was clean or that the NCAA didn't have a case? He knows they were damn dirty and continued to stand by their side in the media despite that, because of the "offered to everyone" loophole. We all know why those classes were created. Why defend UNC's stance?

I think he should have more adamant in the point of there can't be ANY TYPE OF LOOPHOLE for this type of blatant cheating to exist in collegiate academics. Bilas should be more forceful in saying its a sad commentary on college athletics when this type of cheating (which Bubba Cunningham ADMITTED) gets a pass. Obviously with his impressive credentials of Duke ideals of student-athletics, he falls short on that point. I am NOT suggesting bias, but rather moral principles.

OFC

I do like the fact that morons like you will show up over here now and taunt because you got away with cheating. I like most unc fans approach, staying quiet and hoping it will all just pass. But, there will be that occasional Drivebydickhead, such as thaUNCshow, that are actually happy they got away with cheating. Good job man. Hang a banner.

Unfortunately that will never change Show-

OFC

Honest to god I never saw this coming. I was shocked this morning at their statement. I expected heavy sanctions and a long legal battle. Regardless, I’m happy it’s over and we can move on.

I would say if we are honest, UNC didn’t get off totally clean. The scandal has really hurt football and basketball recruiting and the UNC name is tarnished for a while. Hopefully our fans have learned we aren’t so pious.

Alright, so I figured I'd say something about this but I'll keep it simple.

I was surprised, because all indications from people within the school and on our board was that we were getting nailed big time. And low and behold, nothing came of it. I at least expected a small slap on the wrist.

That being said, am I happy we get to keep the banners and wins? Yup. But do I believe that we got off on a technicality? Yup. The classes themselves were shit. And I hope that the school has truly reformed because something like that isn't acceptable and if something similar happens again, then we should burn.

And as a Heel fan that loves his team, I'm happy we can finally turn the page and move on. But I hold no illusions over the 'Carolina Way' because that never existed. I love Dean, I love Roy, I love Carolina athletics. But I don't mind some of the piousness being taken down a notch. Our reputation is pretty tarnished, and that will take awhile to recover, if ever.

So, yes I am happy. However, my view on this has always been a bit different. Just my two cents.

I was surprised, because all indications from people within the school and on our board was that we were getting nailed big time. And low and behold, nothing came of it. I at least expected a small slap on the wrist.

That being said, am I happy we get to keep the banners and wins? Yup. But do I believe that we got off on a technicality? Yup. The classes themselves were shit. And I hope that the school has truly reformed because something like that isn't acceptable and if something similar happens again, then we should burn.

And as a Heel fan that loves his team, I'm happy we can finally turn the page and move on. But I hold no illusions over the 'Carolina Way' because that never existed. I love Dean, I love Roy, I love Carolina athletics. But I don't mind some of the piousness being taken down a notch. Our reputation is pretty tarnished, and that will take awhile to recover, if ever.

So, yes I am happy. However, my view on this has always been a bit different. Just my two cents.

You showed some real class my friend. Savy? OFC

lmaoooo youre just mad you guys held your hat on this thing for 7 years convinced sanctions we're going to come when there was NOTHING THERE. btw that's alot of talk for a team that had a player on its 2010 title team that accepted $40k of jewelry and the only reason there wasn't an investigation was because youre a private school. Better hope Capel is clean in this FBI investigation as well, but that's unlikely. I guess time will tell :)

Wow, you really have the inside scoop there. Nothing there, neat. Fly away lil fella.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I'm so glad I am a Devil.
lmaoooo youre just mad you guys held your hat on this thing for 7 years convinced sanctions we're going to come when there was NOTHING THERE. btw that's alot of talk for a team that had a player on its 2010 title team that accepted $40k of jewelry and the only reason there wasn't an investigation was because youre a private school. Better hope Capel is clean in this FBI investigation as well, but that's unlikely. I guess time will tell :)
holy crap, what a moron you are (or master troll)

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Why should we worry about Capel? If he was dirty . Cant we just throw 20 mil at it and make it go away, shit, it worked for you, knucklehead.

false-face-must-hide-what-the-false-heart-doth-know-quote-1.jpg

I like to think this would be my view if the shoe were on the other foot. Excellent post, CB34.

OFC

Reactions: Hayduke13

I didn't hang my hat on UNC being convicted for the last 7 years, but I did my best to poke fun at your cheating program...and will continue to do so, and so will many others.
And on that thought, 'getting away with it' will haunt you longer than any punishment. Most people can forgive if a person (or institution) pays for their sin(s), but almost no one forgets the one that games the system. The stench of cheating will remain with you and your school for the remainder of your days. Escaping justified punishment will always be synonymous with UNC and the Carolina Way. Enjoy your rotting, stinking legacy.

OFC

I didn't hang my hat on UNC being convicted for the last 7 years, but I did my best to poke fun at your cheating program...and will continue to do so, and so will many others.
And on that thought, 'getting away with it' will haunt you longer than any punishment. Most people can forgive if a person (or institution) pays for their sin(s), but almost no one forgets the one that games the system. The stench of cheating will remain with you and your school for the remainder of your days. Escaping justified punishment will always be synonymous with UNC and the Carolina Way. Enjoy your rotting, stinking legacy.

OFC

Dirt, NO ONE connected w/this board could have expressed it better my friend. I tip my hat to you sir!
#Bravo

OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Now that the announcement has been made that UNCheat isn’t facing any punishment, looking back, one thing that doesn’t make sense is if the NCAA was ultimately going to just let UNCheat off with no punishment at all then whah was the point of them making ammendments to the LOI on multiple occasions. It seems like was just a gigantic waste of their time issuing multiple LOI’s if they were just going to let UNCheat skate by unpunished and like others have said, unless the NCAA changes something to prevent this from happening again then it’s going open the door for other schools to say “screw it, UNC got away with doing it, so we might as well start doing it”. Also, now that they know they’ve gotten away with it, I wouldn’t be surprised if they decided bring those classes back or a similar type of classes unless the NCAA makes the changes to prevent this feom happening again.

Uhhh winning championships, for one
Uhhh, yeah we have 5 of them. And so many ACC championships I can't remember anymore. And all of our athletes went to class, got good grades, ya know the typical student-athlete stuff. You have AT LEAST 2 championships that are illegitimate using athletes, not "student-athletes."

The most egregious part of this whole thing, is that UNCheat consistently tarnished their own academic reputation by holding the position that this was an academic issue in order to save their beloved athletics. And paid $18,000,000 in lawyers to convince the NCAA of that as well. So now that we know you cheated in athletics but paid off the NCAA, you also have to admit that you're not a prestigious academic institution as well. After all, the UNCheat institution (and all of its powdered-blue bastard fans) have been saying this for about 6 years now.

I like to think this would be my view if the shoe were on the other foot. Excellent post, CB34.

OFC

Thanks man. I'm a heel fan and an extremely loyal one, but not a sycophant. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what was really going on. Which is why I still retain some disappointment over this, as happy as I am. It shouldn't have happened, and what's more we didn't NEED to. So I'm not going to raise a single complaint over the outcome. But we need to do better, and it's my hope and belief that the school has made the necessary changes.

But it does raise some interesting questions about the nature of college athletics. Josh Rosen, the QB from UCLA raised a good point this year when he said football and academics don't mix. I'm inclined to believe him. The amount of time and effort put into these sports programs dwarfs the amount left over used for studying and grades. Is it impossible to be a student and an athlete? No. Is it difficult? Probably. Even at the most prestigious academic D1 schools. So, perhaps the culture of D1 college football and basketball needs to change as well.

I cannot believe this bullsh*t, we waited years for this? We could have handled this in 30 minutes plus commercials on Judge Mathis. Pfffffftttt..

It may help to remember this:
  • Everyone hates Duke because they're jealous. We have the G.O.A.T. Coach, some of the greatest bball players ever, we're very successful with prestigious academics.
  • Everyone hates UNCheat because they got away with 18 years of fake classes with no significant punishment.

Reactions: skysdad
interesting thread and glad it's over. should never have happened for many reasons. i do think the result would be different if not for the current recruiting scandal and penn st/miami debacles. now it's time for basketball.

The look on all unc nations face when they found out the NCAA's decision. Now with that said did we really think that it was going to be anything different. We can talk about Bilas all we want to but he was dead on from the beginning. This whole thing was a well thought out involving lot's of unc people including attorney's. Devious and dishonest yes it was but it was legal. May all of the schools learn from this and we do need to move on but without a doubt never, ever , ever forget and make sure all those unc marionettes don't forget and just kick their rear ends every time we play them in any kind of sport and I have a request from all Duke fans. If you are a Jeopardy fan like myself and the next time they have their college tournament. If there is an unc student on their pull hard against them. I always do. OFC

Last edited:

Thanks for your honesty. I think that's all we want from unc nation. Be a fan . A good fan but acknowledge the wrong doing and let's all fans hope this mess with all schools gets cleaned up. Tough order I know but once again thank you for your honesty. I would feel the same way if it were Duke. OFC

After seeing a post from a friend on Facebook that’s at LNWR it got me to wondering. The reports were that the NCAA was originally going to release their decision last Friday until UNCheat asked them to wait because of the fundraiser that UNCheat had scheduled last weekend, so it got me to wondering, what if UNCheat really did receive the decision last week and they asked the NCAA to wait to release their decision because they knew that it was going to be good news, so they wanted to wait until tonight for the NCAA’s decision to be released to go along with the unveiling of the 2017 National Championship Banner.

After seeing a post from a friend on Facebook that’s at LNWR it got me to wondering. The reports were that the NCAA was originally going to release their decision last Friday until UNCheat asked them to wait because of the fundraiser that UNCheat had scheduled last weekend, so it got me to wondering, what if UNCheat really did receive the decision last week and they asked the NCAA to wait to release their decision because they knew that it was going to be good news, so they wanted to wait until tonight for the NCAA’s decision to be released to go along with the unveiling of the 2017 National Championship Banner.

You are not the first to wonder about that.

Of course they knew, there’s a reason why they delayed the decision until the 13th. Once the checked cleared and the NCAA made millions, the decision was made. This isn’t a coincidence and you don’t get away with what UNC did, unless you pay big bucks. I personally know someone who was in trouble for selling drugs (Major charges) and was able to avoid jail time by forking out money to the right person. If you think think someone with not even a fraction of the bank account UNC has, can get away with something, think about what UNC can do. The system is corrupt and if you have enough money, you can get out of many situations. Keep in mind, everyone has a price and UNC unfortunately was able to afford that price!

Last edited:
Reactions: toophly1124
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT