ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS WAKE FOREST OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I didn’t as

I didn’t ask for a bet

I'm not familar with you Redraider. I see you are fairly a new poster and am not convinced you are a Duke fan. Our mods are seasoned and it won't take long before you've been had or maybe you are a former poster trying to troll your way back. Make me change my mind about you. OFC

Game recap.

Five observations.

Player of the game.

Really nice win. Moore with 4 and 8, solid game. Great game by Hurt and Steward. Those 2 will not be back next year imo. Goldwire and Roach with good games. Very happy with 2 games that were not cancelled and 2 wins. Granted those 2 teams are not very good but we took care of business.

Hurt and Steward were definitely impressive. As were Roach and Goldwire. The Goldwire/Roach/Steward back court trio is looking very good.

must better consistency in the second half but still some head-scratching decisions at times. We are on the upward learning curve, definitely some more identity. Not sure we can play man to man with Hurt, better teams will exploit that match up a lot. Maybe a plan B when he is out there for our defense might be worth a try. Good home win. Next game

I'm not familar with you Redraider. I see you are fairly a new poster and am not convinced you are a Duke fan. Our mods are seasoned and it won't take long before you've been had or maybe you are a former poster trying to troll your way back. Make me change my mind about you. OFC
Because I don’t think this team is very good? Sorry but I really don’t care what you think, you’re just a homer

Really nice win. Moore with 4 and 8, solid game. Great game by Hurt and Steward. Those 2 will not be back next year imo. Goldwire and Roach with good games. Very happy with 2 games that were not cancelled and 2 wins. Granted those 2 teams are not very good but we took care of business.

4 and 8 is a solid game? Did you mention his only basket was trash time? How many turnovers did he have?

Yeah 8 boards was great but everything else was bad....far from solid

I’m really not sure we get much back, just think we’ll have more departures than expected

who do you expect to leave and based off what? If they don’t have nba talent right now they aren’t going to declare for the nba draft. Our players aren’t dumb. Duke will lose Goldwire for sure due to graduation and Johnson is the only Freshman who is a one and done. It’s not a for sure thing Hurt leaves for the draft after this season unless he has a Great NCAA Tournament performance.

who do you expect to leave and based off what? If they don’t have nba talent right now they aren’t going to declare for the nba draft. Our players aren’t dumb. Duke will lose Goldwire for sure due to graduation and Johnson is the only Freshman who is a one and done. It’s not a for sure thing Hurt leaves for the draft after this season unless he has a Great NCAA Tournament performance.
We’ve had players leave before that weren’t ready, happens almost every year

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Roach, Moore, Goldwire (maybe), Baker, Coleman, Brakefield, and Williams is a solid core to return with 2 stud recruits and counting. And Tape possibly. As I said before Hurt and Steward may go pro. If they both keep racking up 20 point games they are probably gone.

Roach, Moore, Goldwire (maybe), Baker, Coleman, Brakefield, and Williams is a solid core to return with 2 stud recruits and counting. And Tape possibly. As I said before Hurt and Steward may go pro. If they both keep racking up 20 point games they are probably gone.

You think Steward is a one and done? He plays out of control a lot and he's quite slight in build. I would think another season of college ball would be better for him.

You think Steward is a one and done? He plays out of control a lot and he's quite slight in build. I would think another season of college ball would be better for him.
If I were deciding; no. But he's scoring in bunches and showing up in early second round mock drafts. And his stock is rising. Do guys like that come back to Duke? :)

If I were deciding; no. But he's scoring in bunches and showing up in early second round mock drafts. Do guys like that come back to Duke? :)

Not convinced any of them should go. Hurt has some skills but he doesn't look dominant inside or consistent outside enough to warrant a first round pick. But if the draft is thin this year, which it may be, he probably should go and maximize what he can get.

I think all freshman outside of JJ will be back. I would be stunned if Hurt returned. Both of these we knew before the season began.

I’d argue many of us thought Moore would be gone after this year- he did as well- but that is all but out the window.

So in addition to the two absolute bonafide studs coming in (not even including if we get Baldwin and/or Keels) we should have experienced:

Roach at the point
DJ at the scoring guard
Wendell at the Swiss Army knife three
Baker as a shooter off the bench
Brakefield as a do it all versatile forward
Williams, Coleman with another year and 5 fouls each down low. (No clue on what Tapé does)

Wow. Christophero, JohnstonCDevil, bullcitygamer, bluestop , when you get tired of garbage game threads and posters hit us up where all the great posters from here fled. dukebluebrotherhood.freeforums.net Happy New Year

This team is not good, and next year is not looking any better

You don’t think Banchero, Griffin and in all likely hood, Baldwin, coming in and joining the players who will return looks better? It looks GREAT. I believe Roach, Brakefield, Coleman, Williams, Baker, and probably steward are back. This team is STACKED next year and I’m betting top 3 favorite to win it all. Doesn’t mean they will, but I bet they are that high on the futures. I believe you either aren’t really a Duke fan, or have no idea what kind of talent this team has coming in. .......or you’re just a miserable person that can’t find hope in anything

Wow. Christophero, JohnstonCDevil, bullcitygamer, bluestop , when you get tired of garbage game threads and posters hit us up where all the great posters from here fled. dukebluebrotherhood.freeforums.net Happy New Year

I agree. You guys should give it a try. It's like DI in the old days. OFC

You don’t think Banchero, Griffin and in all likely hood, Baldwin, coming in and joining the players who will return looks better? It looks GREAT. I believe Roach, Brakefield, Coleman, Williams, Baker, and probably steward are back. This team is STACKED next year and I’m betting top 3 favorite to win it all. Doesn’t mean they will, but I bet they are that high on the futures. I believe you either aren’t really a Duke fan, or have no idea what kind of talent this team has coming in. .......or you’re just a miserable person that can’t find hope in anything

Troll. OFC

Think we get a make up game between the 1/12 and the 1/19 game....Pitt or FSU?
I’d like to think we can. Isn’t that one of the reasons There was a built in break? In case we needed to shoehorn in a postponed game?

I’ll tell you what, I’m never one to say or take one year for nothing more than building towards the future, but that’s exactly what this season is. I especially want Roach and DJ to get all the minutes they can handle together. Build a tremendous cohesion playing together, knowing where each guys tendencies and strengths are on both ends. Having that kind of back court experience to couple with the incoming talent should make next year’s team very good right away. We should have a team ready to realistically compete for number 6.

I’ll tell you what, I’m never one to say or take one year for nothing more than building towards the future, but that’s exactly what this season is. I especially want Roach and DJ to get all the minutes they can handle together. Build a tremendous cohesion playing together, knowing where each guys tendencies and strengths are on both ends. Having that kind of back court experience to couple with the incoming talent should make next year’s team very good right away. We should have a team ready to realistically compete for number 6.

Exactly. I don’t know how any Duke fan in their right mind couldn’t be excited about how good we could be next year.

Exactly. I don’t know how any Duke fan in their right mind couldn’t be excited about how good we could be next year.
This is the exact non star studded team that many have been clamoring for...it comes with growing pains and frustration and is a building block to 2-3 years from now when those guys are experienced juniors and seniors

I’d like to think we can. Isn’t that one of the reasons There was a built in break? In case we needed to shoehorn in a postponed game?
After looking, it currently doesn't work for pitt or fsu unless they get cancelations in that span...

This is the exact non star studded team that many have been clamoring for...it comes with growing pains and frustration and is a building block to 2-3 years from now when those guys are experienced juniors and seniors

Yep. We have a chance the have a really special next couple of years

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT