ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA TECH OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Thanks so much for these threads (even the sky is falling posters, of which i can be one). I recently switched jobs and get to see next to no games working second shift (would not trade it though. Got out of my stressful dream job in sports and am much happier). So i get a blow-by-blow account.

just one small request: is there can be a few posts sprinkled in with what is happening just for our sakes for the non watchers?

Finally, an impressive road stretch, but doesn’t hold a candle to the Elon-Wofford road stretch last year for UNC. That was an epic gauntlet...

Just listened to Tech’s presser. Don’t really know much about their coach at all but I really enjoyed his presser. He seems really down to earth and very knowledgeable as well. I would bet his players really like him

Hope u get to feeling better OAD!

Thanks, DukeRules, I'm feeling a little less miserable today. Looks like it's gonna be a few more days or so before I'm getting back close to normal.

I hope you feel better. Cold or flu?

Well, it started off as a cold, FTB, and I felt sorta bad for a couple of days, but thought I was going to kick it...but then the shtf and it went down badly in a hurry. Once I get all the junk hocked up from my lungs I'll be a lot better. I have to be a little careful 'cause I've had bronchitis 50+ times in my life, and pneumonia twice (actually 3 times, but the last one was considered borderline).

Warrior. That's our dirt. Warrior. OFC

Haha, I'm not sure about being a 'warrior' Sky...do they crawl out of bed whinin' and snifflin'? If they do, I'm your man, I mean warrior! Thank you for your thoughts, Sky, you're one in a million.

Whiskey dirt. Get the whiskey. I hope you feel better soon.

Well, I don't drink, Meisper, so It's not an option. But how about this, take a swig or two for me, and maybe there will be some transference to me. Thanks for thinking of me though!

And thanks to anyone I might have missed. I know how my little sickness pales to the real horrors some of our posters (and many people everywhere) are experiencing, but it's very nice to feel the warmth of the compression of my fellow board members. Thanks a million, and Go Duke!

OFC

OFC

Last edited:
Thanks, DukeRules, I'm feeling a little less miserable today. Looks like it's gonna be a few more days or so before I'm getting back close to normal.

Well, it started off as a cold, FTB, and I felt sorta bad for a couple of days, but thought I was going to kick it...but then the shtf and it went down badly in a hurry. Once I get all the junk hocked up from my lungs I'll be a lot better. I have to be a little careful 'cause I've had bronchitis 50+ times in my life, and pneumonia twice (actually 3 times, but the last one was considered borderline).

Haha, I'm not sure about being a 'warrior' Sky...do they crawl out of bed whinin' and snifflin'? If they do, I'm your man, I mean warrior! Thank you for your thoughts, Sky, you're one in a million.

Well, I don't drink, Meisper, so It's not an option. But how about this, take a swig or two for me, and maybe there will be some transference to me. Thanks for thinking of me though!

And thanks to anyone I might have missed. I know how my little sickness pales to the real horrors some of our posters (and many people everywhere) are experiencing, but it's very nice to feel the warmth of the compression of my fellow board members. Thanks a million, and Go Duke!

OFC

OFC
I’m sorry to hear that. Feel better! Sounds like a good time to lounge around and take it easy for a few days.

I am thoroughly enjoying seeing so many guys playing and contributing. This is a game Duke almost always loses and especially early in the year. Extra impressed to see them rally back to win this one convincingly.

Reactions: skysdad
VT brought the football experience inside of Cassell stadium like they always do when Duke comes to town. The fan base was ready.. "Enter Sandman" rocked out to start the game. "Welcome to the Jungle" being blasted on the speakers at one point in the game was a welcome surprise.

1st half was looking rough as VT came out strong. Carey would get double or triple teamed when he touched the ball. It almost seemed as they were daring us to shoot the 3 as they tried to shut down inside.

K did great adjusting to go with a small lineup.

Great win in a very tough road environment. We have lost at least the last 2 games in B'burg. Good to get up there and get out with a win!

I would have been happy winning just 1 of the 2 at MSU and at VT... but to get both road wins in the span of 4 days combined with these guys studying and taking exams = is just awesome!

K mentioned in the presser that they stayed in Roanoke and didn't get up to Blacksburg Thursday... so I bet they didn't even have a shoot around Thursday. He also mentioned I believe that some of the guys were taking exams on the road. He mentioned how this has been a tough week with the scheduling/exams. These guys deserve a break after this past week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT