ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA TECH OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

What a great defensive second half. Our bench scored 35 points. That'said 35 points. When was the last time that happened. Great to see shotsome start dropping for AOC and Moore also having a solid game. Maybe Cassius shouldn't have played at all. Good decision for him to sit second half. Big plays by Tre again. Where would we be if he had opted for the draft. Gutsy road win. OFC

Didn’t get to see the game, but got to read play by play plus checked into DI at halftime. Sounded like a great gut check win. Oh yeah, thankful we have the GOAT!

Reactions: skysdad
Yeah this win feels like coach K of old. Sitting your more talented players so that you match up better defensively and allowing your defense to create oppertunities for offense.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Saw K went 10 deep... could this be the year he plays more of the bench (sorry I know it’s brought up every year and is redundant so I’m sorry)

When this TEAM really figures it out, it's game on. We have so many weapons that can come at you from all angles, defense that will wear you down because of the much-improved bench from a year ago.

It may not look pretty, certain players may struggle for a little bit, but give them time to get themselves together. We are relying on a lot of talented freshmen that will make mistakes and not play to some of your expectations for 40 min but keep the faith.

It's funny sometimes when you go back and see just as quick as the players start turning it around, so do some posters. Man, we are spoiled and I freaking love it. These boys are legit and no matter the start, by the end of the game, they will bring it. I actually think they are playing better on the road than at home. I'm freaking pumped, who's freaking next!!!!

Great Team WIN! Great to see that we can have different guys step up every game and contribute. K is still learning about this team and when he does, watch out!

How many different combinations have we seen already this year?

When is the last time we played 10 games and showed the ability to be this interchangeable?

Did anyone think we could have won with Vernon, Cassius and Matthew combining for less than 15 total minutes played in the second half.

Who wants another beer?

Yeah this win feels like coach K of old. Sitting your more talented players so that you match up better defensively and allowing your defense to create oppertunities for offense.

Definitely. Young had VT very well prepared for this game and was expecting Carey and Hurt to be out there a lot more. When the lineup change happened, Young was unprepared and unable to adjust.

I feel like being able to play more lineups makes it more difficult to prepare for us. Or at the least, forces the other side to hit the drawing board mid-game.

Given the short week, travel and the academic pressure, this is a very impressive effort and W. Go Duke

Saw K went 10 deep... could this be the year he plays more of the bench (sorry I know it’s brought up every year and is redundant so I’m sorry)

I still think his game-by-game rotations are going to be primarily eight....but he’s already proven he has total trust in 10 different guys. It’s going to be about matchups.

Reactions: Dukeman
Great adjustment by K, Goldwire played a hell of a game. Moore needs to let the game come to him. He forces to much on offense but played great D in the second half.

I’m happy Alex finally saw a few go through, but I was more happy after he missed a jumper and on the very next possession pull the ball on the deck, drove and made a great pass. I thought that was a huge confidence builder.

Reactions: Liftee
Coach K is over 70. Been at Duke 40 years. He’s still the best in the business. He won this game. He’s the best ever. The best

Reactions: QC Dukie
Thanks friend, I've got a bad case of bronchitis, and can't stop coughing...totally miserable. But it's amazing how seeing our Blue Devils play so well makes me feel a little bit better.
I"m back to bed, everyone enjoy this great win.

OFC

Whiskey dirt. Get the whiskey. I hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I still think his game-by-game rotations are going to be primarily eight....but he’s already proven he has total trust in 10 different guys. It’s going to be about matchups.

I’ll take that.. make this team versatile based off the team and style we play... instead of forcing players to play a style they aren’t use too play the ones that are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT