ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

RJ Barrett is a stone cold killer (even at the FT line).

Reactions: vcugreg
All the guys on the board who hate the black jerseys, this should make you feel a little better.

It's not the black jerseys so to speak. I just love the tradition of the Duke Blue and White.OFC

Greenberg every game this season, "How does Duke win when they have to shoot the three?"
Tonight shooting well, Greenberg "it's a double edged sword". Essentially live by the three die by the three.

When has this team ever solely relied on the three point line.

Last edited:
Reactions: pisgah101
All the guys on the board who hate the black jerseys, this should make you feel a little better.
I stand by my black jersey hate. Every ten years or so, though, we have a team that reverses the curse and embraces the dark side. 2001 team also loved them, I believe.

Reactions: dukehokie
Best college road team I've ever seen. They welcome these road challenges like no other team I've seen. I've never seen a team shoot better away from home like this. Hell we may not need to play in Cameron again the rest of the season. We would be the best 3pt shooting team in the country

Reactions: christophero
UVA actually made us play exactly how they wanted; we just hit an absurd number of our threes.

Reactions: PatrickYates
Duke 80
UVA 74

I’ll have to DVR the game because I won’t be home so I’m going to try to stay off DI and Facebook until after the game so that I won’t know who wins and I’ll be late updating the 20 point game tracker thread tonight since I won’t be home until well after the game is over.
I avoided getting on DI and online so that I wouldn’t find out who won the game but then someone at the event I was at told me that Duke won. I’m home and watching the game now.

Reactions: christophero
Duke had their best shooting game of the season, but I think every single one of those 13 threes was a feet set, catch and shoot in rhythm shot. In game 1 Duke killed them in the paint and they were obviously keyed up to prevent that from happening again and Duke was prepared to take advantage. People will see the great percentage, but not a single one of Duke's made threes was off the bounce, or step back, or even super contested.

Reactions: dukiejay
51842332_10205254889609084_3401025842531270656_n.jpg

Just catching up now, a ways into the second, what fun! Uh, was it just me, or did we discuss that RJ yelled right at LeBron after that one dunk?

As good as the win was I don’t want to play them again. They looked like they had a great game plan that we just out shot. We up for that again trying to beat a team 3 times in a row? I THiNk SO!!!!!!!!! :)
You’re the worst

I wonder how many times we've worn black vs blue in the last 5 years. Like... At what point do people accept black is just one of our colors at this point. We seem to wear it WAY more than blue.

Reactions: dukehokie
1:22 and Zion is on the floor trying to grab a rebound off a foul shot. Love this kid. It is so trite to say that a guy is a good kid, but Zion is, by all accounts, a good egg, and exactly what you want in athlete.

RJ wanted Zion to have that dunk as much as we did! That’s pretty amazing to see. What an amazing group!

Duke has a great record on Saturday where I have to work a sporting event during the game. hope that continues tonight ..

And I could not watch and my MBB team down as much as 12 in the second half, never led, and a senior on senior night hits an elbow jumper with 1.6 left for the win. It was a good night...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT