ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SOUTH CAROLINA NCAA 2ND RD OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carolina played their asses off. We played scared all game. Kennard was a head case from the tip.

Not K's greatest job of making adjustments to the zone but with kennard in a funk it was probably not going to happen
I think Kennard was either sick or suffering from the hit he took last game. He looked 50 percent at best

If there is a mod can you lock up that thread just posted before it becomes four pages please?

we'll be back best believe that..How many other teams can say that...not many ..o and yea I blame a lot of people committee refs NCAA ..k for his stubbornness ...I do give props to the sc gameplan ...make Jackson make plays and deny our shooters..but come on that plan would have never worked had it not been for the chitty ref performance

I'm tired of all the OADs. Look at the early exits almost every year. K has one title with using OADs as does Kentucky. I don't see this as a formula for making deep runs every year. You can't beat experience when it comes to the dance. UNC will wear Kentucky out if they meet next weekend just because of experience.

It is what it is.

Kenard couldn't play D all year.

We didn't play a bench so foul trouble kills us.

We lived and died by the 3 due to lack of tough bugs outside of Amile.

It sucks. But watch, Duke will be back and better than ever next year because we have the best coach in the game. He will make adjustments and watch, just watch.

We did get a little exposed like I haven't seen all year ..Jackson starting hurt us..I think if Grayson runs the point more we win ..askin a lot from a freshman and they knew that...he's going to be a beast next year though

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Sounds like you need a new team to root for.

Sounds like you should quit being a homer. Our team was built to either take it all the way to the championship or lose early. There aren't any excuses this time around. That game we played was a garbage show and anyone could see that. We were way too talented to be up 10 only on a team shooting 7/35. Take off the duke blue glasses the staff was to blame this year.

Luke Kennard 4-18 in his last two games as a Blue Devil.

Adam Rowe's Twitter ^

This had the Arizona 2011 feel all game. People might say this is an excuse, but the committee screwed Duke in more ways than one. This was a home game for USC not to mention the tarholes fans staying over to cheer for USC.

Doesnt have a damn thing to do about refs. Duke lost. Got outplayed
Ur blind then I'm sorry ...yea they got outplayed hell we have a lot and still won!!! We're just to talented! We got hosed though ...combination ...imo they could outplay us and we should still win by 10

I'm sick of OADs too. It's a joke time to build a team again and not just pray 2015 happens again. Two teams have done it it's pure LUCK winning with freshmen.

Besides that this is probably my second most depressed feeling at the end of a season JJs senior year I was a sophomore and it was almost unbearable but this one is close.. this was our year we were told so much talent so much crap.

I know I'll gain some perspective later, but the fact that Duke had to play a road game in the NCAA Tournament as the higher seed is really bothering me right now. If you don't think the crowd support helped them shoot their 1985 Villanova percentage from the floor in the second half then I don't know what to tell you.

Sounds like you should quit being a homer. Our team was built to either take it all the way to the championship or lose early. There aren't any excuses this time around. That game we played was a garbage show and anyone could see that. We were way too talented to be up 10 only on a team shooting 7/35. Take off the duke blue glasses the staff was to blame this year.
Yeah I'm a homer, you're an ass.

This had the Arizona 2011 feel all game. People might say this is an excuse, but the committee screwed Duke in more ways than one. This was a home game for USC not to mention the tarholes fans staying over to cheer for USC.
A lot of people had a finger in the outcome of this ...yes we still should have won but it's becoming a joke now..lotta secretly Duke haters out there ...u think a ref doesn't have a preferred winner??? We got no breaks this year for sure..they started feeling bad at the end to make up for it lmao..all u will see highlights wise is the air balls from us guarantee it and that will be the excuse

It's hard to argue our flame outs...I know we have had two magical runs 2010 and 2015 pretty much everything else we have had it handed to us early...

And when we lose we usually lose gloriously...it's never really competitive at the end....

Besides that 2015 team you can make a really good case the one and done at Duke has been a colossal disappointment....

Reactions: pisgah101
I was so happy cbb got here from watching the rigged NFL but now I'm like wow sports are becoming almost unwatchable ...I will never stop watching though love Duke to much

Yeah I'm a homer, you're an ass.

oh geeze I'm an ass for saying the truth. Get out of here man. Calling the staff out for a terribly executed game plan and setting up a ridiculously talented team with a huge hole doesn't make me an "ass"

Reactions: K Coach
oh geeze I'm an ass for saying the truth. Get out of here man. Calling the staff out for a terribly executed game plan and setting up a ridiculously talented team with a huge hole doesn't make me an "ass"

I don't see what the coaches did bad in this game? What would you of done?

Dude....just shut up and leave. We get it already.

I think the calls were bad both ways. We lost the game ourselves.
Totally...we got exposed quite a bit...the team just couldn't ever get organized. We looked semi-comfortable offensively in the first ten minutes and then looked ragged thereafter.

I thought the ACC tourney was wonderful but definitely not a springboard justifying favored status in Vegas. That always felt a bit zany to me.

At their best, this was an extremely fun group to watch but it seemed like they were dogged by their inadequacies no matter what they did to inspire. Tonight, we compounded some of those with all the first half sloppiness and reduced the margin for error in the process. I think with steady play we would have been up 12-13 at halftime. South Carolina looked dreadful those first few minutes but, as we've all seen, when you struggle to play well for more than four minutes at a time, the other team never feels out of it.

Conversely, this game felt finished the first time we got down seven after the three, despite there being seven or so minutes left. I think that shot basically signaled that our poor play to that point couldn't/wouldn't be overcome.

I guess next year, regardless of who returns/arrives I'd like to see a lot less settling for threes. The ACC tourney was won by staying aggressive and using the opponent's aggression against them and not just defaulting to threes. I know it was a strength this team but I'd like to believe with our personnel next year we'll have more balance.

Now time to go trash my bracket.

I like you pisgah....but you're going to be disappointed if you think Luke is coming back.

Ugh lol He may not but I don't think he'll last. Stay at Duke and be a legend or go to the NBA and flame out. These past two games showed he's not ready.

I tend to agree about the OAD at Duke..I don't care for them personally...and I think our records in the tourney speak for themselves...one good team has come from it....

It hurts, big time. But just imagine how the players feel, especially our upperclassmen playing their last game in a Duke uniform. Still, the most important thing to remember is this wasn't life and death. It's a game, one that all of us care too much about, but still a game. The sun will come up tomorrow, it just won't seem quite as warm as it was yesterday.

OFC

Dude....just shut up and leave. We get it already.

Get called an ass and I'm the one that should leave. Guess that's the way it goes forgot you can't call out the team for it's flaws. Oh well go Duke better luck next year unfortunately we may very well run into the same problems next year.

Get called an ass and I'm the one that should leave. Guess that's the way it goes forgot you can't call out the team for it's flaws. Oh well go Duke better luck next year unfortunately we may very well run into the same problems next year.

What would you of done different if you were coach?

Lack of a bench in probably the most physical game all season. Fouls add up, guys can't be as aggressive on d as normal, then compound it that teams leading scorer has his worst 2 ball games these 2 games. No margin for error. Tough night, I'll sleep like a baby: I'll wake up every 2 hours

Reactions: bfort2223
This is interesting and I didn't realize...pretty much sums up our problems...

Since 2011:

AZ - 55 points in the 2nd half
Lehigh - 47 i
Louisville - 50
Mercer - 44
Oregon - 46
South Carolina - 65.

It hurts, big time. But just imagine how the players feel, especially our upperclassmen playing their last game in a Duke uniform. Still, the most important thing to remember is this wasn't life and death. It's a game, one that all of us care too much about, but still a game. The sun will come up tomorrow, it just won't seem quite as warm as it was yesterday.

OFC

yes exactly love your life like your sports. tomorrow will be here soon.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT