ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SOUTH CAROLINA NCAA 2ND RD OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am somewhat relieved. This year gave me a brain aneurysm, I hope to fully recover, by next season.

Get called an ass and I'm the one that should leave. Guess that's the way it goes forgot you can't call out the team for it's flaws. Oh well go Duke better luck next year unfortunately we may very well run into the same problems next year.

We all know this team had flaws...what are talking about? Some people can just discuss it without acting like a two-year-old. You're not capable of that. That's why I'm asking you to leave.

65 points in one half is unheard of then ...against Duke...???? Against sc??? Come on one of the worst shooting teams...unbelievable ...I'm almost willing to bet a team hasn't scored 65 points in a half all year ...no idea though

What would you of done different if you were coach?

During the first half there was about a 5-7 minute stretch where the our offense became really slow and one dimensional. It took way too long IMO to call a time out. We should've increased that lead to about 20. South Carolina might've sucked the first half but most of it was due to missing good shots.

Second half obviously more ball movement . credit south Carolina for great defense but we definitely helped them out by taking no pass / 1 pass shots, ball screens only up top and amile posting up really slow. Our offense had no variety. South Carolina had tons of ball movement in the second half. Our guys couldn't keep up and we have the ability to play that way. When we play that way Duke looks amazing but when our offense gets stagnant and gets really simple we get games like we saw tonight.

My hats off to SC and their fans. They were all class and I wish then well versus Baylor. Things happen for a reason I'm a huge believer in that. I love this program and our leader of it. I love these kids no matter the outcome. Thank You to Amile and Matt as well. These guys grew up in front of our eyes and were true Blue Devils. I'm interested to see who stays and goes. Go Duke!!

Legs played a big part in this also ..we had no transition offense the entire year because guys were playing 35 min ..k will develope his bench next year ..

During the first half there was about a 5-7 minute stretch where the our offense became really slow and one dimensional. It took way too long IMO to call a time out. We should've increased that lead to about 20. South Carolina might've sucked the first half but most of it was due to missing good shots.

Second half obviously more ball movement . credit south Carolina for great defense but we definitely helped them out by taking no pass / 1 pass shots, ball screens only up top and amile posting up really slow. Our offense had no variety. South Carolina had tons of ball movement in the second half. Our guys couldn't keep up and we have the ability to play that way. When we play that way Duke looks amazing but when our offense gets stagnant and gets really simple we get games like we saw tonight.

I deff agree with the first half. We could of pushed it to 20 and should of. Sucks

It hurts, big time. But just imagine how the players feel, especially our upperclassmen playing their last game in a Duke uniform. Still, the most important thing to remember is this wasn't life and death. It's a game, one that all of us care too much about, but still a game. The sun will come up tomorrow, it just won't seem quite as warm as it was yesterday.

OFC
Thank you Dirt, we should always try to remember that its just a game and something we watch for fun and try to keep sports in proper perspective even though it always hurts to lose.

Is this Post Game thread?

I felt Coach K invested in Jefferson - Seniors deserve it - and....... he came thru. But Kennard looked out of sync in both games. I think we over coached it and lost our edge or what the new kids call "swagger".

I do put some frustration in #2 seed playing Road Game in Round of 32? But overall I will look back and say we showed signs of greatness but a season of ups and downs/inconsistency came crashing down against an opponent [at Home] that was very efficient.

it was the perfect storm of shit. Which has been the formula to defeat Duke early in the tourney. We need teams that build large, seaworthy boats, to weather these storms!

I think Coach K overlooked this game a bit. Instead of focusing on just our 3 main scorers - I believe we attempted to build a post game. The game/possessions went so quickly because S.Carolina was very efficient.

EDIT: Kennard reminded me of Rodney Hood tonight. Both versatile and consistent scorers with season low type Tournament games because of defensive strategy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
All about money .....ratings....had we been seeded accordingly we would have never played sc at home lmao!! Na we should have still beat them but the system is flawed ...I mean for example games like ucla and Kentucky playing in the sweet 16??? Witchita st playing Kentucky in round 2 again.. ...all about ratings ...not where ur supposed to be seeded ...I'm sure y'all can think of a few more...those 2 just popped in my head... what's up with the acc did we really punish each other that bad this year?? Everybody gone or should be ... or did something change ? Lol if the tourney is all about matchups why are we letting nerdschoose how they're layed out? ...every lower seed should have their name in hat to get drawn to their according seed to decide for example which of the 4 2 seeds the 15 seeds would play to protect thie integrity of this process lol..them seeding these teams is bad enough!!! Naw I'm all kidding ...kinda..nothing will change they're making to much money...

Last edited:
What can I say play changed dramatic above post is all fun don't take serious lol

Get called an ass and I'm the one that should leave. Guess that's the way it goes forgot you can't call out the team for it's flaws. Oh well go Duke better luck next year unfortunately we may very well run into the same problems next year.
I don't care what flaws this team had. when are you and some of the other blind mice on here gonna see that 20 Turnovers is about 15 Turnovers too many. Some sloppy ball handling and stupid passes doesn't help anyone especially when the other team is shooting 70%. They had a chance with 2-3 minutes left. A few stupid shots and again 2 bad turnovers which led to points was the killer.

All about money .....ratings....had we been seeded accordingly we would have never played sc at home lmao!! Na we should have still beat them but the system is flawed ...I mean for example games like ucla and Kentucky playing in the sweet 16??? Witchita st playing Kentucky in round 2 again.. ...all about ratings ...not where ur supposed to be seeded ...I'm sure y'all can think of a few more...those 2 just popped in my head... what's up with the acc did we really punish each other that bad this year?? Everybody gone or should be ... or did something change ? Lol if the tourney is all about matchups why are we letting nerdschoose how they're layed out? ...every lower seed should have their name in hat to get drawn to their according seed to decide for example which of the 4 2 seeds the 15 seeds would play to protect thie integrity of this process lol..them seeding these teams is bad enough!!! Naw I'm all kidding ...kinda..nothing will change they're making to much money...
I will say this. I think you're somewhat right. This is a money making sport. I'm sure dukiejay or someone can recall the exact date but Duke and UNC never played in the same arena without meeting sometime during that weekend. I think it was maybe early 2000s but you're right a big part of it is about the Benny's!!! Still shoulda beat USC by 20+. The NCAA would never let Duke and UNC meet in the Finals. It would kill the rivalry and the huge money maker it is would be ruined.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
Another thing should be random is the arena teams play in that was bogus! I thought the fans were going to storm the damn court!!! Lmao I mean how do u explain playing after UNC at home to sc I mean wow...I defiantly played a huge factor ...still should have beat them though...next year I have that feeling it's stuck it to the haters year! K has some serious motivation! ESPN was a joke as well ...I feel better knowing UNC won't make it past the sweet 16 though

Another thing should be random is the arena teams play in that was bogus! I thought the fans were going to storm the damn court!!! Lmao I mean how do u explain playing after UNC at home to sc I mean wow...I defiantly played a huge factor ...still should have beat them though...next year I have that feeling it's stuck it to the haters year! K has some serious motivation! ESPN was a joke as well ...I feel better knowing UNC won't make it past the sweet 16 though
Well you're about to be sick. UNC is going all the way again.

Reactions: pisgah101
Well you're about to be sick. UNC is going all the way again.
No chance buddy ..even though they have a cupcake schedule!! Lmao it continues from acc play ...number 1 seed I'm lost for words ...how In the hell do you play the harder schedule, beat them twice, have the better resume ,and win the acc tournament with just 1 more loss after (allllll)!!! The adversity and injuries and they get the 1 ...joke ...I've seen to many generous and movement in seeding in the past based on injuries to not take ours in consideration over 1!!!! Loss????? ...Guess I just got to get use to everybody being against us lol...idc who wins it as long as it's not ucla or UNC ..don't want to hear bills mouth ! Hate that guy lol oh yea and Kentucky

Last edited:
I know I'll gain some perspective later, but the fact that Duke had to play a road game in the NCAA Tournament as the higher seed is really bothering me right now. If you don't think the crowd support helped them shoot their 1985 Villanova percentage from the floor in the second half then I don't know what to tell you.
This isn't the first time Duke has to play basically a road game in the first weekend. I like it better when Duke gets shipped out. There are just to many hole fans to play locally. They make certain that it feels like a road game for Duke. This still doesn't top the game with JJ I believe. They had to play Louisville in F'ing Rupp arena. Now that was a hose job by the NCAA.

Where do you play at?
I live in Germanton NC. My oldest son has really picked the game up the last 2 years so we are joining at Pilot Knob CC so it will not cost me an arm and a leg this summer. But I play all around Winston Salem and Greensboro areas. I wouldn't mind getting a group up from DI and meeting up in Pinehurst for a couple of rounds one weekend.

Reactions: DukeDenver
How do we give up 60+ is unheard of... especially from a team that struggles to score.
That is unheard of especially from a program that used to pride themselves on defense. I can remember the days where 60 pts was the average for whole season for each team we played. These young kids just does not buy into defense. They think its all about offense because that's all they see at the next level.

Politics..some people are absolutely unbelievable calling this the greatest upset ever..lmao we basically lost to a top 25 team at home ...???...funny how people get off from Duke losing ...lol we're still the top headlines wether we win or not!! They'll be talking about us in the championship guarantee it lol

Last edited:
I live in Germanton NC. My oldest son has really picked the game up the last 2 years so we are joining at Pilot Knob CC so it will not cost me an arm and a leg this summer. But I play all around Winston Salem and Greensboro areas. I wouldn't mind getting a group up from DI and meeting up in Pinehurst for a couple of rounds one weekend.
I'm down in Davidson County and like to swing the sticks (and walk in the woods ;)).

Reactions: germantondevil
No chance buddy ..even though they have a cupcake schedule!! Lmao it continues from acc play ...number 1 seed I'm lost for words ...how In the hell do you play the harder schedule, beat them twice, have the better resume ,and win the acc tournament with just 1 more loss after (allllll)!!! The adversity and injuries and they get the 1 ...joke ...I've seen to many generous and movement in seeding in the past based on injuries to not take ours in consideration over 1!!!! Loss????? ...Guess I just got to get use to everybody being against us lol...idc who wins it as long as it's not ucla or UNC ..don't want to hear bills mouth ! Hate that guy lol oh yea and Kentucky
UNC had the chance to win it last year and Jenkins hit an incredible shot to win. If Jenkins missed not the shot last year Nova woulda lost and UNC would've gotten hammered for the allegations. They didn't win so that kinda blew up in their face. UNC wins this year and then the NCAA will step in late April/early May and hammer them, take away a bunch of wins and a Natty or 2. This Natty will make the others not seems as bad.

U need a lil luck to win the natty and we had none this year...none!! Lol

wwe-triple-h-hhh-happy-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT