ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SOUTH CAROLINA NCAA 2ND RD OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hats off to SC and their fans. They were all class and I wish then well versus Baylor. Things happen for a reason I'm a huge believer in that. I love this program and our leader of it. I love these kids no matter the outcome. Thank You to Amile and Matt as well. These guys grew up in front of our eyes and were true Blue Devils. I'm interested to see who stays and goes. Go Duke!!
Thanks for your kind remarks. It was a good, hard fought game.

K's complimentary remarks towards Frank Martin and the USC squad was quite classy. Hopefully this has lessened some of the residual bad blood from the aftermath of USC's foolish (IMO) departure from the ACC in 1971 and maybe K and Martin can schedule some home-and-homes in the very near future as the women's squads have done.

I live in Germanton NC. My oldest son has really picked the game up the last 2 years so we are joining at Pilot Knob CC so it will not cost me an arm and a leg this summer. But I play all around Winston Salem and Greensboro areas. I wouldn't mind getting a group up from DI and meeting up in Pinehurst for a couple of rounds one weekend.
I was a member at Pilot Knob for ten years. Great course and good people. I live in King,NC so we're pretty close. I am all for getting up a group sometime. I saw where DukeDenver is from Davidson county so he's close by.

Cheer up everybody. 7 of our players on the roster were out at least once this season because of injury. Our own Coach K was out for 7 games (I believe). And YET, we beat the Cheaters twice. Won the best tournament conference in college basketball, and did it in historic fashion by 4 games in 4 days. Who woulda thought after this F'd up season they would've still made history?

I'm still proud of these guys. GO DUKE!!!!!!!!! and GTHC!!
Not sure the ACC was the best conference based on recent performances in NCAA tourney.

This had the Arizona 2011 feel all game. People might say this is an excuse, but the committee screwed Duke in more ways than one. This was a home game for USC not to mention the tarholes fans staying over to cheer for USC.
Four hour drive for Duke fans and two hour drive for South Carolina fans. Duke has 20 times more fan support than South Carolina. No reason not to drive four hours to support the team.

Still feel they have low skilled players?
No, but they have some low rent individuals. Just sayin':

http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...ina/usc-mens-basketball/article110051307.html

(And people complain that Grayson Allen was only suspended for 1 game? WTF?)

http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...ina/usc-mens-basketball/article120739263.html

http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...lina/usc-mens-basketball/article66541112.html

There's more, but I'll stop here.

And Columbia is 1 hour and 15 mins away from where they played the game. Not 2 hrs
Mapquest says The University of South Carolina is 1 hour and 46 minutes to the arena in Greenville. That is closer to two hours than 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Mapquest says The University of South Carolina is 1 hour and 46 minutes to the arena in Greenville. That is closer to two hours than 1 hour and 15 minutes.

I said Columbia...not the campus. So all of their fans are on campus?

MAPQUEST DRIVES LIKE MY GRANDMA!!!1!

Thanks GAAP.
It's a shame how ESPN and the media raked Grayson over the coals and then you have athletes committing crimes and you hardly hear any mention of it. I was going to pull for USC, but after reading this I'll root for the Zags. I hate thugs and evidently the cocks have them.

Thanks GAAP.
It's a shame how ESPN and the media raked Grayson over the coals and then you have athletes committing crimes and you hardly hear any mention of it. I was going to pull for USC, but after reading this I'll root for the Zags. I hate thugs and evidently the cocks have them.
Frank Martin has cleaned house every time it was necessary. You guys aren't being fair to the Gamecocks. He suspended his best player for 6 games in the middle of the season for something minor. He booted several key players in the offseason for the BB gun incident. Don't just go throwing mud on a program because of what went down with Grayson. Referring to Thornwell as a thug makes no sense. JJ Redick was busted for the same thing and never missed a game.

Last edited:
Reactions: roosterbell
Frank Martin has cleaned house every time it was necessary.
Cleaned house or flushed the toilet? I would be completely embarrassed if my alma mater recruited "student athletes" of this type. As a Duke grad, college professor, and law abiding citizen, I am disgusted when I see things like this.

I remember a friend of mine got in trouble at school, because he had a hat that said cocks on it. He wasn't a fan of the team, and probably didn't even know it was a sports team. Just a hat that said cocks on it. The teachers were, essentially, being cocks blockers.

Frank Martin has cleaned house every time it was necessary. You guys aren't being fair to the Gamecocks. He suspended his best player for 6 games in the middle of the season for something minor. He booted several key players in the offseason for the BB gun incident. Don't just go throwing mud on a program because of what went down with Grayson. Referring to Thornwell as a thug makes no sense. JJ Redick was busted for the same thing and never missed a game.

My fault Denver. I didn't know JJ was arrested for assault and resisting arrest.

My fault Denver. I didn't know JJ was arrested for assault and resisting arrest.
Thornwell got busted fot pot. JJ smoked some grass too. You want to go out on a limb and say no Duke player ever committed a crime? We will never know what happened with Suli. Yes, we typically recruit high character guys. Does South Carolina have that luxury? No. Does that mean the Gamecocks are a reprehensible program? No.

Thornwell got busted fot pot. JJ smoked some grass too. You want to go out on a limb and say no Duke player ever committed a crime? We will never know what happened with Suli. Yes, we typically recruit high character guys. Does South Carolina have that luxury? No. Does that mean the Gamecocks are a reprehensible program? No.
This thread has finished, good point Denver and we will leave it at that. Take the high road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT