ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SOUTH CAROLINA NCAA 2ND RD OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way SC could win this game is exactly how it played out. They had to have it really rough, which frustrated Duke. Duke is not accustomed to playing football then SC didn't miss many shots in 2nd half and only missed 2 ft entire game plus Kennard was really bad tonight. He's been good but tonight wasn't his night and we needed a better game out of him

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
I think five, but the point still stands.

No PG killed us in this game.

Disappointing end to the season. I still loved this team....just wasn't meant to be.

This is what most of us has said all year. It is crazy that Coach k refuses have more than 1 pg on the roster. This is entirely Coach K's fault for being stubborn. Between this year and last year we should have a balanced enough roster to challenge every year. Instead we continue to play with entire holes whether it be without a true PG or center and it always bites duke in the butt. It's sad that guys like tatum and ingram come to duke to play with so many holes on the team. No defense and no pg or Center. It's stupid

WTF - They were 20-28 from the floor in the second half. They shot 71% and scored 65 second half points. Mind boggling.

Just saw the final box score and had to come back for last comment of the night. 65 points scored by S Carolina. Not in the game, in the second half. That was the undoing. Stop the this player sucks that player sucks refs suck. It took a special combination of shot making and poor defense to give up 65 points in a half of college basketball.

Few days to feel depressed and then turn the page onto the next group. With a healthy group next year maybe things will play out differently.

This is what most of us has said all year. It is crazy that Coach k refuses have more than 1 pg on the roster. This is entirely Coach K's fault for being stubborn. Between this year and last year we should have a balanced enough roster to challenge every year. Instead we continue to play with entire holes whether it be without a true PG or center and it always bites duke in the butt. It's sad that guys like tatum and ingram come to duke to play with so many holes on the team. No defense and no pg or Center. It's stupid
Sounds like you need a new team to root for.

Reactions: pisgah101
I thought they were going to storm the court!!!!!!! Ahahahahah wow announcers should be fired refs should be banned NCAA should be ashamed and investigated ...holy cow the refs were absolutely terrible !!!! This is an embarrassment I don't care what anybody says!!!! They are deciding to much of the damn game!! UNC game was a perfect example cost Arkansas now this bs lmao no damn consistency what so ever...ok I'm done ...all I can say is wait until next year when all our guys come back to stick it to these haters ...can't wait !!! I'm am so so so confident we will ..I got the feeling I had when we beat Wisconsin at the beginning of that year..book it!! Still acc champions !

Carolina played their asses off. We played scared all game. Kennard was a head case from the tip.

Not K's greatest job of making adjustments to the zone but with kennard in a funk it was probably not going to happen

Just saw the final box score and had to come back for last comment of the night. 65 points scored by S Carolina. Not in the game, in the second half. That was the undoing. Stop the this player sucks that player sucks refs suck. It took a special combination of shot making and poor defense to give up 65 points in a half of college basketball.

Few days to feel depressed and then turn the page onto the next group. With a healthy group next year maybe things will play out differently.
Some of that 2nd half shooting is due to foul trouble. And when you play only 7 and 4 guys have 3 fouls early in 2nd half makes the climb that much harder

It hurts guys. I have to tip my hat to South Carolina. They made the adjustments need at halftime to win the game. I think we really lost the game in the first half when we let them stay close as bad as they were on offense. Felt we should have had a 15 point lead which would make a come back really hard. Those 1st half turn overs killed us. It's gonna be a long off season but I will be here. I know we are losing some great players. Love Matt and Amile and grateful both came to Duke. Hope Luke and Grayson come back. We have some good guys coming in . Hope Bolden and Chase return. Feel like Javin , Frank, Jack and Vrank will be back. Add Duval to our recruits and we will be a contender once again. Enjoyed the season with all of you. Yes this one hurt but stay Duke fans and we do have one thing left in us and that's pull for who ever unc plays. I don't think I could deal with those cheaters winning a natty but they are still in it and now I have to hear it all from their fans. Go ahead and let it all out guys. The sun will rise again in the morning I guarantee it. OFC

Last edited:
It hurts guys. I have to tip my hat to South Carolina. They made the adjustments need at halftime to win the game. I think we really lost the game in the first half when we let them stay close as bad as they were on offense. Felt we should have had a 15 point lead which would make a come back really hard. Those 1st half turn overs killed us. It's gonna be a long off season but I will be here. I know we are losing some great players. Love Matt and Amile and grateful both came to Duke. Hope Luke and Grayson come back. We have some good guys coming in . Hope Bolden and Chase return. Feel like Javin , Frank, Jack and Vrank will be back. Add Devon to our recruits and we will be a contender once again. Enjoyed the season with all of you. Yes this one hurt but stay Duke fans and we do have one thing left in us and that's pull for who ever unc plays. I don't think I could deal with those cheaters winning a natty but they are still in it and now I have to hear it all from their fans. Go ahead and let it all out guys. The sun will rise again in the morning I guarantee it. OFC
This really hurts Sky! I feel numb right now!

I thought they were going to storm the court!!!!!!! Ahahahahah wow announcers should be fired refs should be banned NCAA should be ashamed and investigated ...holy cow the refs were absolutely terrible !!!! This is an embarrassment I don't care what anybody says!!!! They are deciding to much of the damn game!! UNC game was a perfect example cost Arkansas now this bs lmao no damn consistency what so ever...ok I'm done ...all I can say is wait until next year when all our guys come back to stick it to these haters ...can't wait !!! I'm am so so so confident we will ..I got the feeling I had when we beat Wisconsin at the beginning of that year..book it!! Still acc champions !
I think the calls were bad both ways. We lost the game ourselves.

K doesn't develop big men. Why in the hell would any big man come to set screens. Really. If a big man does come and he doesn't get out of the blocks fast, he then will be shuffled torward end of bench and no playing time. Thats just the way it is. He doesn't want a bench. Duke got putplayed. No defense. 65 points second half alone. No D.

Duke just played a really bad game tonight. Give some credit to South Carolina. They flustered us in the first half and we never really bounced back. We know our team had some weaknesses, but going the route of blaming one or two players or the staff is tough. We got beat tonight. It hurts. But don't act stupid.

Cheer up everybody. 7 of our players on the roster were out at least once this season because of injury. Our own Coach K was out for 7 games (I believe). And YET, we beat the Cheaters twice. Won the best tournament conference in college basketball, and did it in historic fashion by 4 games in 4 days. Who woulda thought after this F'd up season they would've still made history?

I'm still proud of these guys. GO DUKE!!!!!!!!! and GTHC!!

K doesn't develop big men. Why in the hell would any big man come to set screens. Really. If a big man does come and he doesn't get out of the blocks fast, he then will be shuffled torward end of bench and no playing time. Thats just the way it is. He doesn't want a bench. Duke got putplayed. No defense. 65 points second half alone. No D. Now let the games begin. He'll say all the right things to keep them from jumping pro.

It was interesting season, anyway the kids played hard and fought till the end. Hopefully we will see Luke and Grayson back or at least 1 of the 2. I had a fun season with you guys on the board.

Reactions: Dukesince90
Duke just played a really bad game tonight. Give some credit to South Carolina. They flustered us in the first half and we never really bounced back. We know our team had some weaknesses, but going the route of blaming one or two players or the staff is tough. We got beat tonight. It hurts. But don't act stupid.
Agreed. We don't need to blame the refs or bash the players. We got beaten. It happens. Great to avoid a 10 loss season. We got an ACC title. Go Butler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT