ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs Pitt football

Don’t know if they showed it on tv, but the homeboy who got ejected spent a good 3 minutes on the field trying to get at the duke players and talking trash. Was running husband mouth the entire way to the locker room.

Hard for me to blame the refs when Duke turned it over 6 times. Heck of a comeback regardless.

I think overall eastspartan truly summed it up well. I totally respect and agree w/both his statements. Its tough to blame the refs when we gifted so many turnovers, and by the same token sparty"s spot on it was a "heck of a comeback regardless."

Still as a DUKE FAN, I must go back to the MYSTERIOUS officials bungle of our successful 2 pt conversion they took OFF THE BOARD after teams were set to kickoff. This is so reminiscent of the Miami debacle Halloween nite at WW 4 years ago they blew. It was just categorically WRONG.

As has been referenced here already, likely worse case scenario if the call stands, is a 33-33 tie headed to OT. WHY? Because if Duke scores on that Deon Jackson pass from Q with a 1:30 left, Reed kicks the point and Devils are up 33-26 when Pitt takes over and goes length of field. Chances are they kick the point, and a TRUE FULLY CERTIFIED WIN is awarded to either of these teams in OT. What happened in the removal of the conversion should be condemned by the conference office. Thanks for reading- OFC

Tough to lose. Gotta get it back together. Either we fold or go out and take care of business. OFC

Tough to lose. Gotta get it back together. Either we fold or go out and take care of business. OFC

Sky you have a really good even keel way of putting things in perspective. I agree. We let the Miami game 4 years ago after the infamous lateral play gnaw at us. Its on Cut starting today to get the kids fired up, angry, and adopt a chip on their shoulders to overcome this. After all , its his job and hes compensated exceedingly well for it.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
just really struggling with this game. absolutely mad about the 6 turnovers, the first 2 1/2 quarters of horrible offensive play, the fake punt, the WTF 2 point play and then the lousy prevent defense we went to for their final drive. then i think of being down 26-3 and the guys coming back to take the lead. WOW. just a hard game to get through. can i be pissed and proud at the same time?

Well that was disappointing. Proud of the guys for not quiting but honestly we can't turn the ball over that much and expect to win. Q was especially bad early on but way to keep playing.

Georgia Tech isn't great but they apparently have made a qb change and that could be a wild card. We have to win this coming week because the schedule doesnt get any easier after that lol.

Tough loss...defense fell apart that last drive

As long as Derek Jones, is our DB'S COACH, our pass coverage will never surpass mediocrity. He is a tremendous recruiter, but too busy being a preacher on twitter. Let him stay on as recruiter, but lets go get a fresh approach with a "Trooper Taylor" type hire.This business of the dbs not turning around to see the ball has really gotten old.

Cmon Cut, show some guts and make a change there. Pitt went 80+ yds in LESS than a minute against a "keystone kops" type effort from the "cheetahs," as Jones calls his dbs.

OFC

Guys, it’s been 12 hours and I still can’t eat over this one. It might be because I was there and the interactions are weighing heavy on my mind, but this one really sucks. Not even that I have anything against Pitt, but knowing we haven’t beaten them in 4 tries now, it’s really aggravating. Next Saturday can’t get here ast enough.

Guys, it’s been 12 hours and I still can’t eat over this one. It might be because I was there and the interactions are weighing heavy on my mind, but this one really sucks. Not even that I have anything against Pitt, but knowing we haven’t beaten them in 4 tries now, it’s really aggravating. Next Saturday can’t get here ast enough.

Pixel last nite made it FIVE STRAIGHT L's to them. Disgraceful! OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT