ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA ACC TOURNEY SEMI-FINAL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I'm not going to pretend that i know what's going to happen, because one thing is for sure, this team is confusing!

I'd just like to add what a great game Trent had. So much scoring variety tonight out of him. Crafty work today and let's hope he keeps it up.

As an aside, these guys don't all have to play great every night for us to win the tourney, but I do believe each will have to have their moment for it to be possible.

we played like crap and they played well and we made it interesting. Our guys just didn’t have that edge for most of the game. I hope UVA trounces them.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I'll get over the loss because I think the team played with a lot of heart during the comeback.

However, Allen was a dope down the stretch and to be honest it's not the first time and it's troublesome since as the senior and the captain, he is supposed to be the one setting the example.

Oh well....No one will remember of any of the losses if this team puts it all together during the remainder of March.

Reactions: christophero
Good fight at the end. We need that for 40 mins. Definitely a poor game for our guys in a lot of areas. Let's get ready for selection sunday.....no point in letting this great board turn into rupp rafters even if for only a night. We are better than that.
Haven’t been on RR quite some time, but I would be willing to bet my house that there are like 2 million threads about Grayson Allen. Bunch of losers! Ha!

Some serious a$$hole posters in here. Great effort to end after 35 minutes of lackluster play.

I still think Duke gets a 1 seed after Xaviers loss. Mark it down.

Not too worried, the boys will be ready next week.

#SI6HTS
Like the positivity but wouldn’t be shocked to see unx and Xavier swap places if unx won tomorrow. I think Duke will stay a 2 in the east but lose out on being in Charlotte. With auburn and Texas tech losing that helps

Do it anyways. I mean free throws and the ball at the hand of Grayson Allen is not some earth shattering new event.
I would have been happier if he’d have just pulled up for a deep three or passed it back to Trent for a deep 3 with no one in his face.

Reactions: GillJET and Dad2ze
We need a focused team for the tournament. We had some nice moments today and some awful ones. That team that trounced Notre Dame has to show up. Focused and forcing the action on D. They played “wait an see” defense and “hope” offense and that won’t cut it. Some things to improve on, but the learning is over. 6 games to be who you are with no major changes. Can they do it?

I’m worried about a 2 seed. We’re definitely not getting a 1. In the past ten years we haven’t made it past the first weekend except once with a 2 seed. This team is primed for another upset

There was 0 doubt in my mind that the ball wasn't going in the basket if we had just gotten any decent shot off. :(

Where in the hell do all these people I have never heard of before, with like 25-75 posts come from after every loss? Where y'all at when we win? Or when we are talking about recruits, or potted meat, or the thousands of other things we talk about....my god.

Where in the hell do all these people I have never heard of before, with like 25-75 posts come from after every loss? Where y'all at when we win? Or when we are talking about recruits, or potted meat, or the thousands of other things we talk about....my god.
Exactly!!! If they don’t know about potted meat them I’m not sure why they’re even allowed on here.

Man what a frustrating group. It doesn’t seem like “it” has clicked for them like previous teams. I remember the 2010 team really coming together after the win against Maryland when Zou had that monster game and the 2015 team just seemed to have it the whole year. I do like that this team never quits and I still think that’s going to pay dividends in tournament. Hopefully they can draw the east region.

I would have been happier if he’d have just pulled up for a deep three or passed it back to Trent for a deep 3 with no one in his face.
Odd possession

11 seconds remaining so I don't mind Duval being in the game but then don't just sit him on the far corner. Allow him to drive and dish, even with his hesitation to shoot in this game

mpRwj3X.jpg

Grayson seemed to have a brain fart here. Don't know why he picked up his dribble. Didn't he just attempt this shot against Virginia Tech recently?

aCs124t.jpg

I guess if you plan to only have 2-three point shooters on the floor and one of them is handling the ball, that is likely the sort of quality you will end up with.

Last edited:
Zags or Arizona will be in the West with Duke. Probably going to be a tough bracket. Oh well Duke has their chances for a better seed and laid an egg. On to next week

Man what a frustrating group. It doesn’t seem like “it” has clicked for them like previous teams. I remember the 2010 team really coming together after the win against Maryland when Zou had that monster game and the 2015 team just seemed to have it the whole year. I do like that this team never quits and I still think that’s going to pay dividends in tournament. Hopefully they can draw the east region.

I remember this board trashing the 2015 team exactly like this after losses, particularly the Notre Dame one in the ACCT when they played sluggish then woke up at the end and made a rally only to come up short.

I'm not saying the end result will be 2015, but some of you "fans" are horrendous.

If UNC wins tomorrow they deserve a better seed then Duke. Better wins on the year. Don’t know about a one seed though. I think Kansas or Xavier deserves it more then UNC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT