ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke Vs Dartmouth

A lot to like last night. With a healthy Mitchell I think we beat Arizona. If he doesn't play, I'm not sure we win that game. Really liked Blake's effort. At the moment he is a much better defender than the freshman guards, so he will get minutes. Foster has been the most impressive freshman so far to me.

Our guard play is elite and that’s exactly what you want to win big in March. Really need Mitchell for Friday. Need Reeves to progress, seems to be more mental with him than physical. Hopefully the game slows down for him soon.

IMO the progression of Reeves and Stewart will determine the ceiling of this team. I believe we truly need at least 1 to be a rotational piece for defensive purposes.

I agree Chris, without a healthy Mitchell Kansas is a tall task. Obviously I want the win on Friday, but I think it's more important that we compete at a high level.

Some random thoughts on last night; I thought our guard play was good. I like that we only shot 17 threes and single digit turnovers. Blakes is going to carve out a Goldwire type roll on this team. Roach showed his experience and leadership. Proctor with 8 assists and only one turnover. I also liked seeing Young and Flip playing together. Say what you will about Young, but I am a big fan. He can finish in the paint, and he's a good rebounder. If he can elevate to Zoubek 2.0 on the glass it would be huge!!

I feel really bad for Schutt. I watched high school highlights and he was good with the ball, drove to the basket and generally looked like a real find. Now he looks lost except for his shooting. I hate to say this, but he might need a change in scenery, like AOC did with Creighton (I really liked AOC also).
I expect Schutt to redshirt this year.

OFC

I find it comical that @Tik Tok says we’ve “ruined the board” yet is here….reading the posts of those of who “ruined the board”. 😂

Reactions: sheyduke
I am not sure or confident in some things yet. I am looking forward to learning more on Friday.

I agree that Young shouldn't play big minutes. But him and Blakes playing 10-12 minutes a game can give us a big veteran boost. Impressed how under control Roach has been. Any word on Mitchell?
I totally forgot Arizona has Caleb Love!
Flip vs. Arizona's 7 footer Ballo will be fascinating.

Reactions: jamsession2
I feel really bad for Schutt. I watched high school highlights and he was good with the ball, drove to the basket and generally looked like a real find. Now he looks lost except for his shooting. I hate to say this, but he might need a change in scenery, like AOC did with Creighton (I really liked AOC also).
I look for Jaden to be redshirted Lift.

OFC

Hard to see Schutt redshirt, and remain at Duke next season. Playing time would be more prospering with (What we know now) of next season... but the way the portal is he will find a suitor... crazy thing about the evolution on the game, coaching, and everything together is A very good shooter used to get clock, even if they struggled in an aspect of the game. But kids now are better and have complete games that you better be able to do more than shoot.

I would like for Schutt to red shirt and work on his ball handling and passing . Should McCain go pro nothing wrong with having a secondary ball handler at 6’5”

Reactions: DBM0828
I would like for Schutt to red shirt and work on his ball handling and passing . Should McCain go pro nothing wrong with having a secondary ball handler at 6’5”
Similar to Jon his senior year. Not being a natural PG, but running the offense. That would be nice. I don't think, we add Harper or a natural PG to next year's class, so it could work out... Hope for the best for him

I agree Chris, without a healthy Mitchell Kansas is a tall task. Obviously I want the win on Friday, but I think it's more important that we compete at a high level.

Some random thoughts on last night; I thought our guard play was good. I like that we only shot 17 threes and single digit turnovers. Blakes is going to carve out a Goldwire type roll on this team. Roach showed his experience and leadership. Proctor with 8 assists and only one turnover. I also liked seeing Young and Flip playing together. Say what you will about Young, but I am a big fan. He can finish in the paint, and he's a good rebounder. If he can elevate to Zoubek 2.0 on the glass it would be huge!!
There is no way in hell we beat Kansas Friday. In fact I will put money on it. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT