ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS LOUISVILLE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I’m a little slow to this basketball thing. I fully realize I’m surrounded by “men” that know much more then that slacker K.... quick question.... has the season seriously been over for weeks?????
I’m just disappointed in myself for continuing to be a loyal optimistic fan if true.

I’m a little slow to this basketball thing. I fully realize I’m surrounded by “men” that know much more then that slacker K.... quick question.... has the season seriously been over for weeks?????
I’m just disappointed in myself for continuing to be a loyal optimistic fan if true.
yea, for about 95% of our rooters lol

If Duke misses the tournament its on K. if you want to give minutes to the worst player in the ACC, Wendell Moore-fine. but dont be shocked at the repercussions

If Duke misses the tournament its on K. if you want to give minutes to the worst player in the ACC, Wendell Moore-fine. but dont be shocked at the repercussions
Don’t be a tool. The guards Went 3-21, 1-10 from three. We played pitiful outside of Hurt. If Moore is your 4-5th option, you’re in good shape. Unfortunately for us, he’s our 2nd right now bc the consistency Is not there from anyone else.

Don’t be a tool. The guards Went 3-21, 1-10 from three. We played pitiful outside of Hurt. If Moore is your 4-5th option, you’re in good shape. Unfortunately for us, he’s our 2nd right now bc the consistency Is not there from anyone else.
When we were up by 1, Moore dribbled the ball INTO the double team and off his foot for a dunk the other way.
Then he lazily passed the ball where the FSU player stealed it for another dunk and took momentum back.
Two Moore years. Great times

I think Duke still has a shot. Have to probably win out and get two games in the ACC tourney to do so.

I thought sitting Mark Williams was a mistake at the end...Hurt got tired and their big fouled out. Hurt playing the four and Williams disrupting the paint at the end and we probably win.

Didnt like going all that time without Hurt touching the ball. He was in the zone...reminds me of Bagley and Zion not touching the ball in their last games....no excuse for it really....a coach can remedy that problem pretty easily.

Guards defiantly didn’t play well...they shot poorly which happens....they have to be stronger with the ball though. That was a disappointing regression.

Overall they played hard...Hurt kept us in the game we didn’t belong in at the end. It was a small hiccup but we can’t afford any, even if small because of our overall body of work.

A few weeks ago the season looked totally lost....they have at least made the last few games somewhat interesting.

That was a bad TO by Moore but he has been pretty effective the last 8 games or so. As for Hurt; if he wasn't hitting yesterday we would have lost by 20. Our guards were off, to put it kindly. Louisville's veteran guards outplayed and outmuscled them.

When we were up by 1, Moore dribbled the ball INTO the double team and off his foot for a dunk the other way.
Then he lazily passed the ball where the FSU player stealed it for another dunk and took momentum back.
Was he good? No. But to blame the entire loss on him, is a stretch at best. The entire Team outside of Hurt was pitiful.

I think K-oach nailed it dead on.

I woke up this morning feeling lousy about a game we just about won. It felt a lot like the earlier ACC loses. Yet another game where we had a lead mid way thru the second half and lost. And there were so many little things that could have gone differently for us to allow us to win.....but they didn't. We need some players to step up. If just one of our guards last night had an average shooting night, we win.

Next! We can still do this.

We can point to moments where we could have won. Every team can do this. But we got down and put ourselves in a hole. A lot must go right in a double digit comeback. I'm sure Louisville left points on the floor as well. Win the next 2. No more wiggle room.

Reactions: hart2chesson
So many little things went their way. They made some tough shots. Our guards were terrible. Yet it went to OT is what I take out of it. Just goes to show you we can beat good teams even on a bad night and we can beat anybody on a good night. I don’t think this game moved us up or down with our tourney hope, but it makes it harder. We gotta take care of the rest and beat UNC now. Optimistic 😛

Reactions: christophero
I also think if we can win our first game in the Acc tournament and get a break from FSU I like our chances to win the whole thing. These longer layoffs inbetween games hurt us.

The problem with winning the ACC tournament is our inconsistency. 3 losses in a row, then 4 wins, then a loss. We need to win the next 2. Because if our guards have one game like last night in the ACC tournament we're toast.

Moore didn’t block out on rebound w 13.5 seconds left and game tied. He shouldn’t have been in that position if coaches would have had Williams in the game.
He makes a ton of mental errors each game. Not passing to the open man. passing to the stands. Dribbling into the double team. Not blocking out. Getting blown by for layups like nothing. So the question is : if he cant play offense or defense and his "intangibles" suck then why THE HELL is he playing 30 minutes a game? i could ask the same question about Goldy our senior who finds new ways to brick layups

Bottomline this team is bad! Looks like same garbage next year, miss those great Duke teams like 1992

Our only one and done has left the team. Next year will be better. We will lose Hurt/maybe Goldwire but everyone else should return.

Reactions: Player2020
Nothing like a loss to bring the trolls out of the woodwork. That's your first post? Next year we will be more experienced and certainly better.

He may be a former poster using another nickname. It happens. I know a board where crap like that doesn't happen. If so it's one post and they are gone. I'm not saying leave this board because I haven't and there are a lot of good posters here. I'm just saying there is an alternative. There is one poster that got banned here and had an account up over at DBB. He fired off last night at DBB and now he is boardless. OFC

Yes the season has been over. This is now the now off season. Use this time to You should pick a new team to root for
Anyone that says anything negative is a troll. I have been Duke fan since 1978.
“I’ve been a Duke fan since” is the equivalent to “I have many gay friends”

Reactions: bobcrane14
That’s weird. I could’ve sworn we were playing Louisville last night.

That’s weird. I could’ve sworn we were playing Louisville last night.
Don’t let facts get in the way lol. However, in the posted’s defense, when talking about Moore and turnovers, the opponent’s name is irrelevant

Remember all those old jokes we used to tell about the "Holes" saying wait until next year. Well, that is kinda the way I feel now. I feel like the devils will be really good next year. Chemistry is just really missing this year. Hopefully K will get it figured out next year. Not to mention, this year has really been an abomination in terms of playing today, cancelling the next 3 games then playing 2, etc. I just hope they guys will play good in the tourney. Really would like to see them beat the Holes, but , won't hold out too much hope. At any rate, I will always be a true blue Devil fan.

Don’t let facts get in the way lol. However, in the posted’s defense, when talking about Moore and turnovers, the opponent’s name is irrelevant
Moore has the second-highest assist-to-turnover ratio of the primary ball handlers:
Goldwire 2.6
Moore 1.5
Roach 1.3
Steward 1.2

Reactions: bobcrane14
Such a tired, overused and weak response. There’s a massive difference between being critical and just being emotional tool.
I woulda just said...you’re too old to be acting like that then

It has seemed to me all season long that our players don't have the "court sense" that other Duke teams have had. Moore is a warrior and does a lot of things well but we can see a turnover unfolding 2 seconds before it happens with him. Perhaps next year he will cut out the bad turnovers.

Same with Roach and Steward. Perhaps it didn't occur to them they should be getting Hurt the ball in the last few minutes. They were caught up in the game and not seeing the big picture.

I'm not saying Coach K is perfect, but he's a lot more patient with these young guys than I could ever be.

They've got to win the next two, which is not looking likely right now. But we have a chance at least. We are young and inconsistent, and falter whenever we seem to turn a corner. But we have shown improvement; hopefully not too little too late. If we win Tuesday I hate the thought of UNC being able to end our season. Our tournament begins now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Liftee
Damn. Ah well. Just don’t accept the NIT invite because if we lose in the NIT that will be the most embarrassing thing that’s happened to us in 40 years. Let’s just play these last two games and try to win an ACC tournament game. I hope Hurt keep shooting like this so he can leave and get paid. He’ll be 21 by the time the draft hit. if he can get in the second round that’s perfect because if he plays well he will get a contract in 2 years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT