ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS LOUISVILLE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Well, I’m afraid to do anything any different at all...I said it last gameday thread, and if anything, it’s just continuing to ring more true.

I can’t remember a bigger turnaround from a Duke team in season, and IF we can get to the tourney, it is arguably the best job Coach K has ever done with a Duke team.

Duke enters today’s matchup as a -5.5 point favorite, exactly the Duke spread at the time of posting. I’m going with we cover, again. Ride the hot hand!

Tonight’s game is slated for a 6pm est tip and the game will air on ESPN.

Duke - 81

Louisville - 70

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: christophero
A stunning 23 point comeback win.....Not sure my heart could take that....again!

Our shooting cools off tonight, but the team defense remains strong and we gut out a win. Brakefield with 15 points.

Duke 65
UL 58

Reactions: hart2chesson
A stunning 23 point comeback win.....Not sure my heart could take that....again!

Our shooting cools off tonight, but the team defense remains strong and we gut out a win. Brakefield with 15 points.

Duke 65
UL 58

I think Alan is right. I cannot see us shooting that well again, but I think we remain focused! Team should really want this one bad:
1) because its another step toward tourney by getting W
2)we had these guys practically beat at Yum Center, save for few missed shots at end (remember Joey's wide open 3 spinning out??)

Our defense is too much for the Ville, Duke wins 71-66

OFC

Reactions: AlanInNJ
I think we win. Not a must win but if we lose tonight we need to win the next two. This would be a great win for our resume. We win tonight and everyone will be talking about us, and in a good way. My dad who was a coach remarked how much better we have looked the last few games. He's more of a casual fan and remarked earlier in the season how we were not attacking the basket. He asked who that Williams guy was ha.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
The best part of the winning streak has been the ball movement. If we see what we’ve seen lately, we win by at least 8.
Can’t let off the gas. We aren’t in yet.

This one has a familiar look to it so far ...of the early part of the season. Hopefully we turn it around on the defensive end.

Gotta cut down the turnovers. Guards need to make a couple shots. Hurt’s got us on his back.

Lets go Duke!

Let’s not do anything stupid like play our way into the tournament

Getting killed off the dribble. Like the last time we played them. Why not zone?

Lousy half so far. Let’s keep it to a 6 point deficit and come out strong in the second. Our guards better show up in the second half.

The next 20 minutes will decide wether we make the tournament. I think we lose this game we are done

Reactions: bobcrane14
Baker wide open for a 3 but Steward doesn’t throw him the ball.
Roach w 3 turnovers.
Guards need to step up or this season is over.

No one is helping Hurt score. Young team and Dukes guards are not stopping anyone in this game. 0 offensive rebounds , leads to no second chance points. Have to step it up the second half.

Both Goldwire and Roach have two fouls a piece .

Out rebounded 22 to 11. Better off playing 2/3 zone w big lineup of Coleman, Williams Hurt, Moore and Goldy.

We shot poorly and Louisville seems to be husting more. This is almost a carbon copy of the FSU/UNC game just before us. UNC came out with a fire and we can get back in this if we do exactly the same (and someone starts making shots).

Also - please no more Mark Williams to NBA talk going forward.

We shot poorly and Louisville seems to be husting more. This is almost a carbon copy of the FSU/UNC game just before us. UNC came out with a fire and we can get back in this if we do exactly the same (and someone starts making shots).

Also - please no more Mark Williams to NBA talk going forward.
Silver lining.

We’re only losing because of damn awful turn overs. Matthew hurt is killing it. Just protect the ball

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT