ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS KANSAS OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Look up the games stats and tell me how in the corn bread hell both teams had the same amount, 11 offensive rebounds...seemed like they had 50 lol

Edit: actually they had 10 and we had 11! Impossible

Of course. We have “fans” here who question the fandom of others the moment anything negative is said. I’ve yet to see another board do this as well as this one does.
C'mon SoCal, I mean Fourteen44:). Trust me, I was a TDD premium board member before switching to this board. I've never witnessed anything like that board in my life. Some of the posts in the game day thread had me questioning at times if I was a duke fan. I'm not sure how it is now since I haven't been back since 2017-18 season, but trust me when I tell you it was terrible. I've never seen fans talk about players like that except on RR.
This board isn't even remotely close to that. I agree with some of what you said, but I have called out a few here myself, not for the fandom, but for the comments itself. We all can post negative comments about every aspect of the game, but I will admit, there are a few that seem to focus more on the negative points than the positive ones.
There have been plenty of the "great win" sentences followed by the nitpicking of everything they saw wrong paragraphs. It's like when you do something so much, that you already know what to expect. With knowing everybody has a difference of opinion, and this is a discussion board, I respect that fact and roll with it, but sometimes the negative recliner coaches get to be a little too much before the game is over. I hope this year we can all focus just a little more on what's going right instead of what's going wrong. I won't post as much as I use to on the game day thread, but I still love this board more than any I have been on. Some great guys here all together.

Reactions: Showenuff
Look up the games stats and tell me how in the corn bread hell both teams had the same amount, 11 offensive rebounds...seemed like they had 50 lol

Edit: actually they had 10 and we had 11! Impossible
Lmao, now Ipsy, I'm a country boy myself but never heard of cornbread hell before. Had me cracking up man.

Damn , we're 1-0 with our first win vs a top 5 team and everybody's Kung Fu fighting. WTF?
Not the Kung Fu fighting Show lol
tumblr_o5l9qwyc561r7rm1so6_400.gif

C'mon SoCal, I mean Fourteen44:). Trust me, I was a TDD premium board member before switching to this board. I've never witnessed anything like that board in my life. Some of the posts in the game day thread had me questioning at times if I was a duke fan. I'm not sure how it is now since I haven't been back since 2017-18 season, but trust me when I tell you it was terrible. I've never seen fans talk about players like that except on RR.
This board isn't even remotely close to that. I agree with some of what you said, but I have called out a few here myself, not for the fandom, but for the comments itself. We all can post negative comments about every aspect of the game, but I will admit, there are a few that seem to focus more on the negative points than the positive ones.
There have been plenty of the "great win" sentences followed by the nitpicking of everything they saw wrong paragraphs. It's like when you do something so much, that you already know what to expect. With knowing everybody has a difference of opinion, and this is a discussion board, I respect that fact and roll with it, but sometimes the negative recliner coaches get to be a little too much before the game is over. I hope this year we can all focus just a little more on what's going right instead of what's going wrong. I won't post as much as I use to on the game day thread, but I still love this board more than any I have been on. Some great guys here all together.

Man I get it, although I was never part of that board. I know there are some consistently negative people here but I also see some with the opposite view, meaning if you question anything on the team, they’ll literally scour the posts and try to call everyone out. Let’s use this team as example: I think this team will be fun to watch and very strong defensively. I also feel this team will have tough spots on offense throughout the year that will likely cause them to lose games. Will they be top 10? Based on the O I saw early, no. Crazy enough though, there’s a whole season to evolve. That last sentence doesn’t matter though, as I’m apparently saying Duke will not finish top 10 and they suck. SMFH. You literally cannot win here with a few knuckleheads.

Lmfao. Heck, I'm pissed he didn't even take his T-shirt off over his uniform the whole time. Has to mean he's in the transfer portal as we speak right?
Yes he is. I just got an alert that Baker is already gone. The video I watched showed the Uber driver, who I could swear is Sky, loading his luggage in the trunk of his car, in route to the airport.
If true, we will know in a little while.

Yes he is. I just got an alert that Baker is already gone. The video I watched showed the Uber driver, who I could swear is Sky, loading his luggage in the trunk of his car, in route to the airport.
If true, we will know in a little while.
tenor.gif

Reactions: skysdad
I've never minded the negativity as long as it's not personal and mean. Saying we don't shoot well is a legitimate concern; I'm sure the coaches are aware of it and other teams are game planning. Coaches always see areas of improvement even in wins; as winning can cover up flaws that wil llater be exposed. Shooting may improve or it may not improve. I like our team; I think we look like a 2 seed right now but there is a lot of ball to be played. I also get that people need to vent during games. And there is a difference between saying "we suck" and "we are not a good shooting team right now and other teams will expose this."

Reactions: retiredsoldier
The FT shooting was the thing that stood out to me ...WOW lol. Our defense was good, but how good I can’t tell you because KU did have their fair share of careless passes and this is just 1 damn game. Our D It’s obviously what we're going to lean on this year, especially early. I liked the flashes our offense showed . K outcoached Self. Duke won. Bam:)

Thank god JD’s a senior:D

The free throw shooting was/is painful. So happy Tre was able to seal it at the end.

Kansas was incredibly careless, and as much as I want to give our defense all of the credit, it's true the Jayhawks had some incredibly bad unforced turnovers.

That said, the steal at the end by Jack under the hoop....how many times recently have we failed to see a Duke defensive player even make that rotation? That's my point. Was it an awful pass by KU? Damn right it was....but that's been an easy dunk against some recent teams, excluding last season.

It's hard for me to get bent out of shape after a win against Kansas. Do I think we're really good right now? Hell no. Our offense has a long ways to go....but I'm slightly comforted in the fact that Tre Jones is the point guard and we saw glimpses from some guys, even one or two where it maybe wasn't expected.

I predict really good wins and a few really ugly losses.

Roger that, and I actually think Tre heats up from 3 before this is over.

Man I get it, although I was never part of that board. I know there are some consistently negative people here but I also see some with the opposite view, meaning if you question anything on the team, they’ll literally scour the posts and try to call everyone out. Let’s use this team as example: I think this team will be fun to watch and very strong defensively. I also feel this team will have tough spots on offense throughout the year that will likely cause them to lose games. Will they be top 10? Based on the O I saw early, no. Crazy enough though, there’s a whole season to evolve. That last sentence doesn’t matter though, as I’m apparently saying Duke will not finish top 10 and they suck. SMFH. You literally cannot win here with a few knuckleheads.
It’s a shame that individual you’re referring to deleted his thread today. Was about to come in with the “threads like always age well lol...”

The free throw shooting was/is painful. So happy Tre was able to seal it at the end.

Kansas was incredibly careless, and as much as I want to give our defense all of the credit, it's true the Jayhawks had some incredibly bad unforced turnovers.

That said, the steal at the end by Jack under the hoop....how many times recently have we failed to see a Duke defensive player even make that rotation? That's my point. Was it an awful pass by KU? Damn right it was....but that's been an easy dunk against some recent teams, excluding last season.

It's hard for me to get bent out of shape after a win against Kansas. Do I think we're really good right now? Hell no. Our offense has a long ways to go....but I'm slightly comforted in the fact that Tre Jones is the point guard and we saw glimpses from some guys, even one or two where it maybe wasn't expected.

I predict really good wins and a few really ugly losses.
Hell of a different feeling this year after game 1 huh. Last years team looked so good they had nowhere to go but down. I’d rather be peaking in March this time with those glimpses becoming consistent. I agree, buckle up, I think it’s gonna be a roller coaster ride to the finish!! Lol

Around the 8:45 mark K talks about getting used to using more players.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT