ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS KANSAS OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

These type of posts always age well.... lol

What is really scary is you having the time to sort through all of these lol. Quite a life you have carved out.

Yes, Kansas had the game in hand up 9 but started turning it over again. Still doesn’t take away from the fact that this duke team plays hard. Will they finish top 10? With this offense, I don’t see it on this small sample size. Fortunately there’s potentially 35+ games to evolve, something your inferiority complex doesn’t seem to do hahahaaaa!!

Last edited:
Back door cuts weren’t Goldwire’s fault at all lol what are you talking about?

Yes, yes he struggled. Jordan probably had nerves and he will be fine, but he was blown past on a few occasions.

The defense was great. But... to force that many turnovers and it only resulted in 69 points or whatever..

mourn offense is going to struggle. It may get be try er as the year goes on, but there is a lot to be desired.

Careful now my friend, you can’t say things like this because the “real” Duke fans will put you in your place. Any hint of realism or opinion that is evenly remotely negative is not to be tolerated here.

1 game in and we already are dealing with the fandom critiquing. Smh.

What is really scary is you having the time to sort through all of these lol. Quite a life you have carved out.

Yes, Kansas had the game in hand up 9 but started turning it over again. Still doesn’t take away from the fact that this duke team plays hard. Will they finish top 10? With this offense, I don’t see it on this small sample size. Fortunately there’s potentially 35+ games to evolve, something your inferiority complex doesn’t seem to do hahahaaaa!!
Great job of deflecting. You made an asinine post and got called on it. Don't cry like a teenage girl, be a man about it. Sorry your still butthurt about how last season ended and then changed your screen name lol Who has the inferiority complex?

Yeah, Kansas started out really well on the second half, how did that not age well?
"Well, Duke hung tough for a bit but this is KU’s game" How about this one?

"Yikes, there was no way the bad offense would continue into the second half, unfortunately for us, It's Kansas that made the adjustments." This one?

Great job of deflecting. You made an asinine post and got called on it. Don't cry like a teenage girl, be a man about it. Sorry your still butthurt about how last season ended and then changed your screen name lol Who has the inferiority complex?

Deflecting? Nope, I called your pathetic life out first THEN addressed my post. This team has limitations offensively - I’ll remember that and call you out again when they lose their first game. Sequential reading isn’t a strength of yours, eh?

And Einstein, I announced that I was back with a different name since I no longer have my OC residence. Are you that slow? I guess so, given YOUR usage of YOU’RE. Lol.

Reactions: PixelDevil
Very impressed that Duke came back from a 9 pt. deficit. I thought at that point, OK, we played tough for 2/3 of the game, let's keep it close.

I am loving Stanley. If he and AOC give us consistent minutes like they did (or one of them each game does) then that's a real bonus. Carey and Hurt are going to be fine all season long.

Reactions: christophero
Deflecting? Nope, I called your pathetic life out first THEN addressed my post. This team has limitations offensively - I’ll remember that and call you out again when they lose their first game. Sequential reading isn’t a strength of yours, eh?

And Einstein, I announced that I was back with a different name since I no longer have my OC residence. Are you that slow? I guess so, given YOUR usage of YOU’RE. Lol.
giphy.gif

Yep. That’s all you have. Carry on little one. Enjoy the win. Stop clogging the board with your drivel. Good day ;)
Just put me on ignore so you can't reply to me. Or at least have some self discipline. Cheers!

Just put me on ignore so you can't reply to me. Or at least have some self discipline. Cheers!

Nah, it’s fun watching you struggle, from inferiority, to basketball, to grammar. I mean this isn’t a grammar board but my God man, have some self respect and get core words right!

Reactions: tw3301
I often wonder why some fans are even fans at all and if they even enjoy being fans. It's like they just HAVE to be miserable and focus on the negatives while claiming they are "realistic" and "just giving an opinion". Uh no you're not, you're just being a miserable fan who is so scared to let yourself feel any joy in the moment out of fear that it will be taken away from you in the near future.

I often wonder why some fans are even fans at all and if they even enjoy being fans. It's like they just HAVE to be miserable and focus on the negatives while claiming they are "realistic" and "just giving an opinion". Uh no you're not, you're just being a miserable fan who is so scared to let yourself feel any joy in the moment out of fear that it will be taken away from you in the near future.
There is a middle ground here. It is annoying when you constantly have the negative Nancies whining every time Duke doesn't look like world beaters. Or when they completely ignore the positives and cry about the first negative thing they can find. But it is also annoying when you make a simple statement that is mostly an opinion based on what you see and then you have the feelings police come at you accusing you of being a miserable person by sharing your opinion.

We can be fans and be critical. As long as we are fair and reasonable.

Epstein didn't kill himself

There is a middle ground here. It is annoying when you constantly have the negative Nancies whining every time Duke doesn't look like world beaters. Or when they completely ignore the positives and cry about the first negative thing they can find. But it is also annoying when you make a simple statement that is mostly an opinion based on what you see and then you have the feelings police come at you accusing you of being a miserable person by sharing your opinion.

We can be fans and be critical. As long as we are fair and reasonable.

Oh of course. I think discussing the struggles on offense last night are completely fair and concerns about our shooting are valid at this point. But there's a big difference between saying "Duke's offense is bad and I don't see them being top 10" and "Duke's offense isn't quite there yet but has shown flashes of potential to mold into a good offense. And with the defense at a high level this group could be really good by the end of the season".

Listen to Coach K's post game press conference. He knows this was a tough, physical, late-season-esque win in a big time environment. There's just no reason to make these general sweeping statements related to overall outcomes of a season yet to be played. I mean, it's not like there has never been less-than-stellar offensive teams ranked in the top 10 throughout the year or make it far into the tournament.

Oh of course. I think discussing the struggles on offense last night are completely fair and concerns about our shooting are valid at this point. But there's a big difference between saying "Duke's offense is bad and I don't see them being top 10" and "Duke's offense isn't quite there yet but has shown flashes of potential to mold into a good offense. And with the defense at a high level this group could be really good by the end of the season".

Listen to Coach K's post game press conference. He knows this was a tough, physical, late-season-esque win in a big time environment. There's just no reason to make these general sweeping statements related to overall outcomes of a season yet to be played. I mean, it's not like there has never been less-than-stellar offensive teams ranked in the top 10 throughout the year or make it far into the tournament.

Agreed mostly here. It’s a small sample size that’s the problem. The other challenge though is it’s like you can’t hint to anything negative here, even if you cite the incredibly small sample size.

This team early on reminds me of Texas Tech last year. Will be interesting to see if they can get 2-3 guys to blossom on offense consistently.

Looking back today I really enjoyed the way we played last night. It was a total “Team” effort through out. No one guy to look to take over or save us, it was just a constant “someone” make a play type game and it took them all.

AOC made some big plays for us on both ends, Jack White, Stanley, Hurt, Tre, Moore Jr, etc etc...Seemed like every time we had someone different make a play. Was really fun to watch and not knowing what or where it was going to come from. I would think that would make everyone feel bought in and that can be really good for this team.

I’m not worried about offense yet. Let’s give it until Mid-Jan and see how K evolves his rotations and game plan with what we have. If we continue to play together like last night I imagine the offense will develop quite nicely.

Reactions: Tlass
Post of the year so far!

Spot on in my opinion. The first game of the season. Let's Go Duke!
tenor.gif

Not sure if this was posted but I saw this from @coverageduke twitter:

Pretty interesting

Duke Player Minutes 11/5/2019
Jones - 39/40
Stanley- 30/40
Carey Jr. - 25/40
O’Connell - 25/40
Hurt - 23/40
White - 19/40
DeLaurier - 14/40
Goldwire - 13/40
Moore Jr. - 12/40
Baker - 0/40
Robinson - 0/40
Buckmire- 0/40

Pretty interesting

Jones - 39/40
Stanley- 30/40
Carey Jr. - 25/40
O’Connell - 25/40
Hurt - 23/40
White - 19/40
DeLaurier - 14/40
Goldwire - 13/40
Moore Jr. - 12/40
Baker - 0/40
Robinson - 0/40
Buckmire- 0/40

Damn near played the whole team.

K NEEDS TO PLAY HIS BENCH CROWD MAD QUIET!

Last edited:
For some reason, he reminds me of Thomas Hill.
Whenever I see your screen name in a thread I’m like “oh boy, here comes some good gifs.” :D

I was not prepared for this post, but I agree with you.

Pretty interesting

Jones - 39/40
Stanley- 30/40
Carey Jr. - 25/40
O’Connell - 25/40
Hurt - 23/40
White - 19/40
DeLaurier - 14/40
Goldwire - 13/40
Moore Jr. - 12/40
Baker - 0/40
Robinson - 0/40
Buckmire- 0/40

It’s pretty spot on with minutes relative to how guys played imo....Moore Goldy and Jav didn’t have the best games and got the fewest minutes. It seemed like Jav’s mins were higher but I guess not.

It’s pretty spot on with minutes relative to how guys played imo....Moore Goldy and Jav didn’t have the best games and got the fewest minutes. It seemed like Jav’s mins were higher but I guess not.

Felt like Jav was in there for eternity each time lol

Reactions: 500HP_Devil
Cassius and T Hill both have/had really young faces. It would be kinda cool to see Cassius grow his hair out a little to see how much he really looks like Hill.
Now we just need to hear one of the guys yell: " Get up C!" while Cassius is snagging a rebound in traffic over bigger dudes.

The FT shooting was the thing that stood out to me ...WOW lol. Our defense was good, but how good I can’t tell you because KU did have their fair share of careless passes and this is just 1 damn game. Our D It’s obviously what we're going to lean on this year, especially early. I liked the flashes our offense showed . K outcoached Self. Duke won. Bam:)

Thank god JD’s a senior:D

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT