ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS GEORGETOWN 2K EMPIRE CLASSIC FINAL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Hurt is in a scoring funk right now. He needs to break out soon. His scoring is way to important to us. If he's not scoring he's not doing much!!!
OFC

I said at the start of the year that shooting will be the Achilles for this team. Especially against quick teams because a) Duke’s best outside shooters are not quick and still don’t have confidence (Jack and Alex); and b) there isn’t anyone who can create and pass well aside from Jones but if he’s off he’s not an offensive threat as far as shooting and scoring consistently.

But our defense is pretty good and will grow.

It will be an issue in the tourney if we don’t have good 3 point shooting develop. That doesn’t bode well even though in most other ways this is a really good team for starting four Freshmen.

Aside from that it’s pretty clear to me that Hurt is overrated. He has some skills but he’s two years away from being a player I would draft in round 1. He is not as sound or physical as Singler was early on.

and by overrated I don’t mean that as a slight against him. He just should have been ranked about 25-40 in the HS rankings.

Well we know this team is young and is gonna have to take its lumps, the season is just starting and I think they will get better and better as the year goes.

That dude gets around Tre whenever he wants and he is super quick our help is late every time

We play 2 halves. The sky's not falling yet, I got a feeling we will play much better the second half. Only down 9. We good.

Reactions: Mac9192
I get that Jack White doesn’t shoot it well anymore but he passes up so many open shots it’s frustrating to watch...he has to shoot it

As bad as we have looked and as good as Georgetown has played it’s still single digits... we are going to start to make shots and they will miss some of these... just keep playing intense defense

Got it to 6 is remarkable..Just have to get o half and K will get them right

Tre needs to take a 5 hour energy and get pumped up. He looks sluggish to me.

As bad as we have looked and as good as Georgetown has played it’s still single digits... we are going to start to make shots and they will miss some of these... just keep playing intense defense

I don’t think Georgetown has played that well. They probably have 10 turnovers already. We’ve just been pretty bad. This team will have major struggles scoring the ball at times this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT