ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS FLORIDA STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Small thing that I haven’t seen posted, but has probably been mentioned, Tre made a great pass to Cam with that huge guy up in his grill on the inbounds. I was somewhat concerned about not having a timeout there but knowing the ball is in Tres hands is comforting.

I don't know, Show. The still pic looks pretty bad. If it had been an FSU player, I'm sure we would have another controversy (besides the ridiculous notion that Duke got the call at the end of the game).

OFC

I said the same thing on another board. I watched the replay five times in a row and I swear it looks deliberate

Jack White is the unsung hero if you watch the replay a million times like I have.. he did a great job setting the screen then cutting to the basket to look for a pass.. it made the defender just stay with Jack instead of trying to chase after Reddish.

Not only that but jack’s effort to rebound RJ’s missed free throw is the only reason we get the ball back at all.

Reactions: dukehokie
That's pretty damn cool.

And I don't think for a second that FSU player tried injuring Zion. That's paranoid thinking.

Sounds like a good podcast debate. Label me "paranoid" then. I would say its deliberate..

OFC

Deep down, I don't think it was intentional, but man, this pic makes it debatable

XQwmO4v.png

PLENTY PUNDITS, Fans, etc on social media think it was intentional...

OFC

The picture is very incriminating......hard to say for sure....I'm gonna go watch the play in slomo again and see what I think.....I HOPE it makes me say no, not intended

The picture is very incriminating......hard to say for sure....I'm gonna go watch the play in slomo again and see what I think.....I HOPE it makes me say no, not intended

I think watching in slow motion or using a still picture will make anyone lean to intentional. If you watch in real time, it’s almost impossible to be that deliberate (meaning the FSU player). This isn’t someone kicking a leg out, throwing an elbow or locking an arm. I just don’t see the intent. The still pic doesn’t look good, but you can take 100 still pics from every game and make them look bad. IMO, this was an FSU player trying to make a play and unfortunately poking someone in the eye.

The 'still' does look bad, but I watched the replay again, and it happened so quickly I don't think the FSU player could have intentionally aimed at the eyes and dug in his fingers. That would have been some otherworldly ultra super duper reflexes to pull that off.

OFC

You said it better than me OAD. I just don’t see it, either.

Why is ESPN calling the out of bounds call controversial? If you combine information from both angles, it is clear and conclusive that Jack didn’t touch the ball. The ball was at least 6 inches away from him the entire time. Is this a spatial reasoning deficit that I am unable to comprehend?
Isn’t reply supposed to eliminate all things controversial?

Sounds like a good podcast debate. Label me "paranoid" then. I would say its deliberate..

OFC

I watched the replay five more times.

Right before he gets Zion in the eye, watch how the defender flicks his wrist. Then pokes.

I don 't have a window into the guy's soul, so in the absence of other information I have no way of knowing if it was deliberate/intentional... but it sure as hell looks that way the more I see the replay.

If it had been our defender, there would be calls for a congressional investigation.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Now that's what is hard to believe...how anyone could miss a foul like that.
I guess that's one of the reasons why true road games are hard to win.:cool:

OFC

True Dirt. Also I get what you're saying about Gerald and the elbow too. However G did call Hansbrough, apologized and that was the honorable thing to do, intentional or not. I think it would be a nice gesture if the FSU player reached out to the Z man....

OFC

True Dirt. Also I get what you're saying about Gerald and the elbow too. However G did call Hansbrough, apologized and that was the honorable thing to do, intentional or not. I think it would be a nice gesture if the FSU player reached out to the Z man....

OFC

Oh yeah, I agree, Hart. It would be nice if he talked or texted Zion and let him know he was sorry. And maybe he will. But some guys would never do that thinking it shows weakness.

OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
I watched the replay five more times.

Right before he gets Zion in the eye, watch how the defender flicks his wrist. Then pokes.

I don 't have a window into the guy's soul, so in the absence of other information I have no way of knowing if it was deliberate/intentional... but it sure as hell looks that way the more I see the replay.

If it had been our defender, there would be calls for a congressional investigation.

There's no way to know for sure, but that last pic I put up looks to me like the guy was being hit in the nose and blinded by the ball too much to even know where his hand was.....main thing is lets just hope Zion is ok and ready to whoop some butt next game!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT