ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS FLORIDA STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

When was the last time you had an eye exam? Lol just messing with you, but naw it didn't hit jack. Look at the rotation of the ball, it never changed after going off FSU players arm

You sound like my wife.

Anyhoo, like I said, pretty sure it did not go off Jack. However, I do not think it can be 100%, no doubt said. It looked pretty damn close to possible grazing off his jersey. Like the out of bounds off Wisky in 2015. It looked off Winslow, but it was so damn close I thought the call on the court had to stand.

Reactions: retiredsoldier
Again, I like Hamilton as a coach, but is there anything more dangerous for FSU in crunch time then when Hamilton has timeouts?

Reactions: DUKEFEDFAN
What did he say? I’ve been away a few hours.
You just gonna have to check sportcenter. Hell I can’t remember everything but it had something to do with guys not making shots and not being tough so go home to their mamas blah blah or something. Sure there will be a repeat. It was great.

Where is Gary 7’s novel of The Louisville beat down? Looking forward to see how many blown stats he came up with

When was the last time you had an eye exam? Lol just messing with you, but naw it didn't hit jack. Look at the rotation of the ball, it never changed after going off FSU players arm
Zion got his eye poked out and missed the entire half along with the rest of the bogus calls. If it was off Duke it was a makeup for the rest of the damn game! The refs at first were at least consistent....

You just gonna have to check sportcenter. Hell I can’t remember everything but it had something to do with guys not making shots and not being tough so go home to their mamas blah blah or something. Sure there will be a repeat. It was great.

I see. I’ll try and find the presser.

Reactions: timo0402
He also referenced having "two nice, not great, but two nice" road wins. Which, like, what a slap in the face to those teams you played and beat. Roy has no self-awareness.

Reactions: DukefanKY
Not a cowboys fan.....but I hope they win by half a hundred.......those paying attention will know why....

I keep watching them replay of the shot. I’m still pumped. Reminds me of the Duhon shot at Wake in 2001
Jack White is the unsung hero if you watch the replay a million times like I have.. he did a great job setting the screen then cutting to the basket to look for a pass.. it made the defender just stay with Jack instead of trying to chase after Reddish.

Why is ESPN calling the out of bounds call controversial? If you combine information from both angles, it is clear and conclusive that Jack didn’t touch the ball. The ball was at least 6 inches away from him the entire time. Is this a spatial reasoning deficit that I am unable to comprehend?

Why is ESPN calling the out of bounds call controversial? If you combine information from both angles, it is clear and conclusive that Jack didn’t touch the ball. The ball was at least 6 inches away from him the entire time. Is this a spatial reasoning deficit that I am unable to comprehend?

Because it's Duke.

OFC

Reactions: hallside

For the same reason they headlined it as the first true road test.

And I said, it was a lot closer to being off Jack then people think...

No way in hades Cam Reddish is anything, and I mean ANY MEASUREABLE AMOUNT, under 6-9. His "struggles" lately are more likely the result of a late growth spurt. He was a legit 6-7ish heading into his senior year, and around 6-8 by the all star circuit. 6-9 now. Paul George is the comp going forward. Ideal number 2 player on a dynastic NBA team.

Oh he's definitely 6'9. I stood next to him and Zion and he's a good 2-3 inches taller than Zion. Long arms. He's a big kid

This was a great atmosphere to be in. The freshmen really enjoyed being booed and welcomed the challenge. The first 10 minutes of the second half we literally didn't communicate on defense at all. No one talked. About half way through Tre stepped up his pressure and Javin started talking. Defense started to look better. We struggled rebounding because they just had bigger bodies and we didn't box out half the time. We really missed Zion on the boards. Cam stepped up big. He's definitely taller than 6'8. He's a big kid with nice size. He will be a real problem when he gets his grown man strength. RJ is just an NBA player. It's that simple. He's a professional scorer. Javin and AOC were just lost out there. Javin was too small to hang. It was a great game though. Big time call by Koach. I see why he comes up with all these great plays...he has one of the biggest heads i've seen on a human. a lot of brain in there

I can’t help but wonder, the more I look at it, did that kid try to injure Zion?
It looked to me like he did. When the still pictures came out and I enlarged it the first thing my wife said was it looked like he did that on purpose!
OFC

I can’t help but wonder, the more I look at it, did that kid try to injure Zion?

I don't know, Show. The still pic looks pretty bad. If it had been an FSU player, I'm sure we would have another controversy (besides the ridiculous notion that Duke got the call at the end of the game).

OFC

I thought the same thing. It looked like he went right for Zion's face to me. It would have knocked out most people. I hope someone with some clout looks at it. Maybe the coaching staff will see what we saw and have it looked at. OFC

I’ve noticed his height also.. every time they huddle up before FT’s, you can see Cam is a good inch taller than RJ & Zion (not including his hair)..

Now I’m not sure if that means Cam is 6’9”.. or if it means RJ & Zion are more like 6’6”-6’7” ish.

He's approximately as tall as Javin, who is listed at 6-10. If that is accurate, then Cam is far closer to 6-9 than 6-8.

Jack White is the unsung hero if you watch the replay a million times like I have.. he did a great job setting the screen then cutting to the basket to look for a pass.. it made the defender just stay with Jack instead of trying to chase after Reddish.

Bolden gave a forearm shiver to the guy helping on Barret, which pushed him further away from Cam. Bolden then preceded to set a nasty down pick on 2 guys. White stoned his guy, (and props for him making a cut looking for a breakdown by the defense and immediately switching into pick mode), but Bolden did as much as he did.

Reactions: timo0402
I don’t think the guy did it on purpose. Zion sort of fumbled the ball which made the guy look down and lose track of his own reaching hands. It is really hard to tell, so I’ll just assume it was clumsy. Worst case he pulled a Henderson: “I know there’s going to be contact on this play so I’m going to make it count.” I don’t think he was jsbbing at the eye specifically like a ninja.

Hey Mac, didnt you say Coach K set Barrett up as a perfect "DECOY" in corner on final play to spring a wide open Reddish??!!!

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT