ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS AUBURN MAUI INVITE SEMI-FINAL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Dear refs: loosen up on the fouls.

Dear espn: quit with the dumb camera angles.

Reactions: Dad2ze
Free throw shooting is killing us!!!
OFC
That's one thing I just can't figure out. Year after year we just can't make them. Is it because we are always a freshman dominated team and like defense high school coaches just don't make it a priority. OFC

Auburn starts hitting some of those shots they were missing early and the score is within 6.

This has been a real ugly game. Wide open 3's, 1on1, giving up tip ins. If it wasn't for them shooting horrendously, this would be a lot closer or we'd be losing. Need to clean this up.

Free throw shooting and poor rebounding in the last part of the first half are killing us@!!
OFC

That was a foul on the final play, but no ref calls a little hand contact on plays like that. There was no body...

Refs need to calm down. Looking at you, TV Teddy.

When the floor is spread it is very hard to block out. When the ball get the middle of the floor and then reversed now you are in rotation and blocking out becomes even harder.

I hope this game stays tight just to see how we respond. Win or lose it will make us better to be in a tight game early

Our guys will come out hungry and mad in the 2nd. A lot of bad shots in the last 8 minutes there. We're still up 8 after playing just okay. I like our chances.

Two areas we struggled with, IMO....

- We got away from what we do well, and played a lot of hero ball. Not uncommon with young teams.

- Defense. That said, Auburn plays good offense, too. Thankfully they were missing outside shots. The bad defense resulted in offensive rebounds for them because we got out of position.

We punched them in the mouth early. For the first time in this short season, we got punched back. Let’s see how we respond.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT