ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS AUBURN MAUI INVITE SEMI-FINAL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

We were pretty sloppy. In fact, it was downright ugly at times. But I think this team needed to be pushed. It’s one thing for fans to think you’re unbeatable, but the players can’t let that sink into their heads.

It’s completely fine for the players to believe they’re unbeatable if they just play hard every night. Nothing wrong with that

It’s completely fine for the players to believe they’re unbeatable if they just play hard every night. Nothing wrong with that
This statement is so bad. Sorry. You never want a kid to think they can’t be beat. Never. You want confidence, but you stay hungry knowing if you don’t bring it, you’ll lose.

We will continue to win in different ways because we have talent. If people want to slow us down we will find a way because we have 4 players that can create a shot for themselves or a teammate. In the NBA they give the ball to their stars at the end and they bring it home. Majority of the time it’s iso ball. So I don’t get into the too much one on one talk because we have a few guys that can take over a game if need be. We looked good on defense. Auburn made some contested threes that we can’t do anything about. As long as we keep getting spotted at halftime no one will beat us. Plus if we get down we have a will to win. RJ and Zion have brought a certain attitude to this team that is infectious. We will be fine. We may lose a game or two but we will be fine. No team is perfect at every aspect.

@dukiejay and @Mac9192 i think you two are talking about something completely different from me. Y’all are saying they should respect the opponent...as they should. I’m saying there’s nothing wrong with them believing if they play their hardest that no one can beat them. That’s just confidence in your ability. Obviously if they don’t play up to their ability then I’m sure they know they can lose. Nothing wrong with saying “if I play hard every game and respect my opponent then no one will beat me”. Hell Floyd Mayweather says it all the time and he does it. I’m sure Alabama football team believes it because they KNOW they’re talent can’t be matched. It comes down to effort then.

AuburnAlumni , you seemed so reasonable, then I caught some of your childish crying over at Rupp...

“It also helps that they can punch us in the face, punch us in the kidneys, and stab us in the side with no whistle incoming.”

Seriously dude?

Did you miss the part where I also said Duke is damn good and deserved to win the game? Did I agree with the FT disparity? Nope, not at all. 34 to 9 FT attempts is drastic. Ask any other AU fan and they'll tell you the same. If you think it's sour grapes, childish, that's your prerogative. But regardless, you guys are better, you guys got the W and deserved it.

It's possible to be unhappy with calls in a game and still readily admit that the better team won the game. I'm pretty sure Duke fans have had those experiences in the past as well. Good luck the rest of the way and we hope to get another shot at yall in the tourney.

Reactions: j4au_1
Did you miss the part where I also said Duke is damn good and deserved to win the game? Did I agree with the FT disparity? Nope, not at all. 34 to 9 FT attempts is drastic. Ask any other AU fan and they'll tell you the same. If you think it's sour grapes, childish, that's your prerogative. But regardless, you guys are better, you guys got the W and deserved it.

It's possible to be unhappy with calls in a game and still readily admit that the better team won the game. I'm pretty sure Duke fans have had those experiences in the past as well. Good luck the rest of the way and we hope to get another shot at yall in the tourney.

Everything with y’all was jumpshots in the first half. We are aggressive attacking the basket and everyone knows this. That’s why people try to pack it in and make us shoot jumpers. Y’all were forcing bad shots and not attacking us with shots in the paint. Which is why we got more foul calls because majority of the time contact will be made when you’re going to the rim. You should know this. Once y’all started attacking a little more then y’all started to get to the line.

Sorry,I just don't see it,to me he looks as engaged as the rest of the guys,maybe he's just more intense and focused.I do hope this is not going to be an ongoing thing all season,people talking about his attitude.I doubt his teammates are worried about it at all

It’s a message board so I’m sure my sarcasm didn’t come through. For future reference, I’m on the “RJ is fine” train.

Alabama football team believes it because they KNOW they’re talent can’t be matched

Can't??

5omVXxw.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist!!!!

Me and @QC Dukie love some Clempson football!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT