ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS AUBURN MAUI INVITE SEMI-FINAL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

And we need to calm down btw, take a step back and take in some perspective. Yes Auburn is a top 10, yes it's a back to back, yes we showed great poise in an absolute battle. But to be completely honest, I was more impressed with UNC's win over St. Francis (PA). Just being honest, we still have work to do.

Auburn is really good. Harper is a stone-cold killer. They’re going to be a player in the SEC and nationally.

I hope Gonzaga wins tonight. Give us another top 10 team.
I kind of hope Arizona wins not because of the challenge Gonzaga would provide, but it would be funny for Duke to face Chase Jeter!

I kind of hope Arizona wins not because of the challenge Gonzaga would provide, but it would be funny for Duke to face Chase Jeter!
Yes! Although, I don't think Jeter will be laughing too much trying to guard Zion or Bolden. I still remember that blue/white scrimmage between them, Ques absolutely bodied him on one play.

Gentleman, this is what these young guns needed. I absolutely love it. Auburn is a veteran team that these boys pulled it out.

We were pretty sloppy. In fact, it was downright ugly at times. But I think this team needed to be pushed. It’s one thing for fans to think you’re unbeatable, but the players can’t let that sink into their heads.
Exactly. Reality check is a good prescription for the team.

A good tough win. And even though they hung with Duke, they still were never able to get the lead. And our super freshmen have only played together for 5 games...we're going to be much better at the end of the season, barring injury.

OFC

Another year and no phone calls
oof

OoOoo.gif

Reactions: Showenuff
Cams that guy this year imo ...The biggest reason is I trust him the most st the FT line!! I mean we really need to improve there or we are in trouble. It’s awful.

We were pretty sloppy. In fact, it was downright ugly at times. But I think this team needed to be pushed. It’s one thing for fans to think you’re unbeatable, but the players can’t let that sink into their heads.

It’s going to take quite the leadership role from K this year. Handling a group of 18+ year olds and keeping them motivated on a game by game basis will be quite the task. This team is more talented than we have ever had before. But they are young and as we saw tonight we can fall in love with the 3. We can also get complacent. It’s cliche that a team can do anything they set their mind to. This team can actually do anything they set their mind to. Will they? Oh my this will be a great season to watch unfold.

Good win. These types of games will be good for us as the season wears on. These guys need to get in the ice tubs and get back to hotel. Gonna be a grind tomorrow night.

I can hear the crying about the free throw difference right now, even from people who watched from tip to the buzzer lol. They will have to whine about something.

Tonight was the first chink in the armor. And we still beat a top 10 team rather easily. This team is special but can be historic with the proper mindset. Every team is the country is going to improve before March, we need to match their progress.

We shot 7-25 from 3, Zion played an awful 1st half, RJ an awful 2nd. Missed too many free throws.

And still led start to finish against a top 10 veteran team.
Right?? Any other team in the country would be thrilled to win by 1 against a top 10 team. This game was never within one possession after 2-0.

Reactions: jwill133
So much goes into the free throw difference. You’d think a former coach would understand that. I have no idea how he has his current job. He contributes nothing, other the being loud, and contrarian.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT