ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke vs Syracuse

Watching the highlights. This is my favorite part after a win.
1. Really sloppy out of the gate. Roach has his pocket picked by Mintz in the open court. He cannot do this.
2. We are attacking the zone nicely. Mitchell to the foul line to Whitehead for the 3.
3. Proctor good D on Girard. He's also shooting with confidence.
4. I like Dickie V but man does he ramble. He compared Whitehead to Jordan, then spent the next minute saying he was no Jordan.
5. Mintz is really good. He should be one and done. He is driving on Roach at will.
6. Young with 2 straight excellent defensive plays.
7. We broke the press perfectly for a Lively dunk. Good coaching.
8. We are shredding the Syracuse press. Proctor and Roach look good.
9. Syracuse fans filing out with 3 to go. A beautiful sight.
10. All in all, as Dickie V said, our best performance of the season. Great job.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
A few observations from being at the dome yesterday.

1. We shot the ball the best I've seen all year
2. Lively is so dominant down low and deserves closer to 28-30 minutes a game
3. The Syracuse fan base is salty af that Flip didn't go to Syracuse.
4. Dariq looks like a pro out there and needs to start.
5. The progress of Proctor has been awesome to watch all season. He's not sticking around folks.
6. Mitchell is much bigger in person than he is on TV.
7. 95% of the Cuse fans were pretty cool to me all day and seem to have respect for Duke. A few bad eggs along the way, but nothing out of line

Let's go Duke

Watching the highlights. This is my favorite part after a win.
1. Really sloppy out of the gate. Roach has his pocket picked by Mintz in the open court. He cannot do this.
2. We are attacking the zone nicely. Mitchell to the foul line to Whitehead for the 3.
3. Proctor good D on Girard. He's also shooting with confidence.
4. I like Dickie V but man does he ramble. He compared Whitehead to Jordan, then spent the next minute saying he was no Jordan.
5. Mintz is really good. He should be one and done. He is driving on Roach at will.
6. Young with 2 straight excellent defensive plays.
7. We broke the press perfectly for a Lively dunk. Good coaching.
8. We are shredding the Syracuse press. Proctor and Roach look good.
9. Syracuse fans filing out with 3 to go. A beautiful sight.
10. All in all, as Dickie V said, our best performance of the season. Great job.
You need to do this after every game like Gary Guru, and call it something like, "Brief Stuff and then the opponents name.

Reactions: christophero
I wouldn’t concede three games to anybody, let alone to two teams with double digit losses already and a third YTD opponent. Ask Tony Bennett and the ACC office if Duke is any good on the road. ;)
The same uva that just barely escaped ND? I know, I know, ND is the best 10-17 team in the country.

I’ll have what he’s drinking
Whitehead shot the three well and Grandison hit one. Im not a fan of Grandison everyone knows this . Thought the zone was his type of game being able to shoot the three but his release is so slow it cuts back on his attempts and allows the defense to recover on to him once open .

I am surprised that Chris and Jimbo didn't mention what I thought was the most significant play of the game: Whitehead's drive to the basket.

My recollection is that that was his game in high school and what he's been missing since he first got hurt. If he can add that to his game, plus better conditioning for defense as time goes on, that raises our offensive ceiling tremendously.

Whitehead looked great yesterday. I remember that drive. I thought it was Mitchell as he always does that but it was Whitehead. If he can become a solid 15 ppg player we may make it out of the first weekend, and maybe more. Yesterday was a big step for the team. We had way too many turnovers in the first half but we were much better in the second. Proctor was hounding Girard and making him work for his points. Other than GT is is easily the best we have looked. I'd still like to see more consistency, but yesterday was a big step forward. Losing to Louisville would be a bad loss, so we need to take care of business.

Last edited:
The more we win, the more the UVA loss hurts. This team should be 3 wins in a row with a great chance to finish the season 6-1 or 7-0 if we can win in The Nose Dome.

The only negative I have on last nights game is 10 first half turnovers, a good team will bury us if that happens. Proctor is a very underrated defender. Girard’s eyes lit up whenever Roach was on him, he couldn’t do squat against Tyrese.

Last edited:
Roach should come back and lead the team as a senior and get his degree. The fact that he was the third best PG out there yesterday (Mintz and Proctor) should tell him he is not an NBA prospect right now. He could probably earn more in NIL than the G league or Europe. Would love to get him back, but my gut tells me he moves on.

I don't see Roach coming back unless Quin Cook gives him a good lecture. I think Proctor will leave but if he stays, Roach is definitely gone.

Nobody said an ACC team was winning the Natty this year.
And? You’re trying to hype Duke and their status…..saying the close loss at UVA was significant, right?

I’m a big Duke fan, but I keep a sense of realism. This team isn’t one of the better teams in America right now (and haven’t been to date). You keep buying it though. All good.

Let’s see if they can make a run regardless.

And? You’re trying to hype Duke and their status…..saying the close loss at UVA was significant, right?

I’m a big Duke fan, but I keep a sense of realism. This team isn’t one of the better teams in America right now (and haven’t been to date). You keep buying it though. All good.

Buying what? I don’t buy the need to be negative constantly.

• Haha
Reactions: Fourteen44
Buying what? I don’t buy the need to be negative constantly.
So Im negative “constantly”? Man, you’re burying yourself here 😂

Next time have the balls to make a game prediction, Nancy 😛

So Im negative “constantly”? Man, you’re burying yourself here 😂

Next time have the balls to make a game prediction, Nancy 😛

I just recently made one Karen. (See wuffie/carrboro tech) thread. 😉

I just recently made one Karen. (See wuffie/carrboro tech) thread. 😉
So you can’t make a Duke prediction? Yikes.

And Karen, that’s all you have? Aren’t you one of Shows gimps?

I’m glad you came back to target me since you’re still upset about the “Chapel Hill college” comments. At least you didn’t call Cuse “College of Onondaga” in a weak attempt at humor 😘

So you can’t make a Duke prediction? Yikes.

And Karen, that’s all you have? Aren’t you one of Shows gimps?

I’m glad you came back to target me since you’re still upset about the “Chapel Hill college” comments. At least you didn’t call Cuse “College of Syracuse” in a weak attempt at humor 😘

Huh? Upset? 🤣😂 Shows what? There are more games to go I’ll be happy to toss a prediction when they get here.

Huh? Upset? 🤣😂 Shows what? There are more games to go I’ll be happy to toss a prediction when they get here.
So you are. Good stuff.

Let’s see if you can make a prediction, and come with better attempts at humor! Cheers 😉

So you are. Good stuff.

Let’s see if you can make a prediction, and come with better attempts at humor! Cheers 😉
Are what? You make no sense. I’m not privy to all the past politics over here but don’t tell me what I am. You Got it?

Are what? You make no sense. I’m not privy to all the past politics over here but don’t tell me what I am. You Got it?
Got what? Your weak humor? Nah.

Ps -making your first Duke prediction on Louisville at home. Go big right? Lol.

Reactions: Neue Regel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT