ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS AUBURN MAUI INVITE SEMI-FINAL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Will actually get to watch this one. This team rose to the occasion for our last top 10 matchup, I hope they do it again now.

Tre will control the game and outplay Auburn point guard. The fast pace will play into our hands and I believe we take a lot of free throws. We get the 13 point victory. Auburn won't lead after the first few minutes of the game

Hello Duke fans,

Looking forward to the game tonight. Obviously it's a massive game for our program. You guys are stacked as usual.

I will say, if our perimeter shooters are shooting like they are capable of tonight, this will be a tight game. All 5 of our starters can hit the 3 consistently and we have enough frontcourt depth to sustain some foul trouble. If you haven't seen us play, we have a small but very talented backcourt in Bryce Brown and Jared Harper. Chuma Okeke is probably the best "pro" prospect we have on the team at PF and is a very smooth player with great range as well.

Not picking the upset, but I fully expect our Tigers to play yall tough tonight. Good early season measuring stick for Bruce and Co. WDE.

I think you’re right. The only problem I saw last night was that you guys had trouble finishing the game off. Should have won in regular time but Xavier was on fire. I think you guys are an excellent team. I want to see the Tigers to win the SEC.

I’d be willing to bet Auburn leads at some point this game. Maybe even at the half. But they can’t match the size and perimeter rebounding this team has. Pearl will press, and that’s ok. We can handle it. Tight game, but a win nonetheless.

Duke - 90
Auburn - 80
If they press i like our chances in the open court. Give me the good guys 91-79...

Reactions: dukehokie
I'm a bit worried about this game tonight but still think we'll win by 90-78.
If Zion stays on the floor I'm not worried at all.

If they play man to man, we’ll win. If they play zone, we’ll win. If they try to run with us, we’ll win. If they try and slow it down, we’ll win. I mean what can they try?

If they play man to man, we’ll win. If they play zone, we’ll win. If they try to run with us, we’ll win. If they try and slow it down, we’ll win. I mean what can they try?
What happens to this post if we lose ? Hahah quote city that’s what! ;)

Walton just told Bilas Iowa State is bigger , stronger and more physically gifted than Duke. Bilas trying everything in his power to not call him a dumbass, lol.

Walton just told Bilas Iowa State is bigger , stronger and more physically gifted than Duke. Bilas trying everything in his power to not call him a dumbass, lol.

Top to bottom they might be. But one Zion is equal to 3 Tigers.

Reactions: Showenuff
You don't talk about Bill Walton. Listening to that guy trip on shrooms on national TV is one of my favorite things about college basketball season.

Another thing....what’s endearingly mean? Lmfao!!! Putting another word i got to look up in the definition of the word I’m looking up!! I mean damn give me a break!!

Jason speaking of the potential jealousy is interesting. It will be a nice test of the upperclassmen, Coach K and Debbie Jones to keep everyone happy all year as the media slobbers all over Zion.

He even mentioned his junior year squad went through it, which is true and well documented. They had chemistry issues mid season, primarily as Dunleavy’s stock started rising and Boozer started falling.

Reactions: Mpm277
Jason speaking of the potential jealousy is interesting. It will be a nice test of the upperclassmen, Coach K and Debbie Jones to keep everyone happy all year as the media slobbers all over Zion.

He even mentioned his junior year squad went through it, which is true and well documented. They had chemistry issues mid season, primarily as Dunleavy’s stock started rising and Boozer started falling.
I think K says something in a situation like that like look you got 15 years to prove who’s the best after this year. You got one year to put all that aside and win this title.

Btw I really can’t stand Jay Williams now. That all started when he tore his shirt off with that UVA jersey on. Never pick against the school you went to I don’t care if you’re 50 point underdogs! I’m glad he ate it that night too! I mean what do you win if you’re right? Nothin! And who cares anyway! He constantly does that crap! Picked Kentucky to win it all this year before the game. Yea pretty silly reasons for me but a lot of what he’s said these past years has stuck me the wrong way. Bleh

Jay Bilias I’m uncertain of ...He’s sneaky with what he says sometimes and I don’t know how to take him.

Btw I really can’t stand Jay Williams now. That all started when he tore his shirt off with that UVA jersey on. Never pick against the school you went to I don’t care if you’re 50 point underdogs! I’m glad he ate it that night too! I mean what do you win if you’re right? Nothin! And who cares anyway! He constantly does that crap! Picked Kentucky to win it all this year before the game. Yea pretty silly reasons for me but a lot of what he’s said these past years has stuck me the wrong way. Bleh
Kinda like how Hubert Davis NEVER picked against UNCheat

Zion should have been a two sport athlete and played football for Coach Cut, but he’s a one and done so unfortunately that won’t happen

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT