ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

I do not know of a QB in the NFL right now who doesn't have some mobility. Even the older guys like Aaron Rodgers can move around in the pocket when necessary. I don't know what Maalik gains by being openly opposed to running. As has been said before, there's a reason he's at Duke and Riley is starting at Notre Dame.
I don't think you will see either one in the NFL.

Duke has to figure out something during the bye. The oc is awful
Time to move on from Murphy. He cannot run and avoid the rush. He throws the ball too hard. He does not, or cannot, read the defenses he faces. Throws to closely covered receivers. And he makes Duke way too easy to defend against. I have to admit that Hart was absolutely correct months ago when he stated that we whould be relying upon Loftis and/or Belin.

OFC

Time to move on from Murphy. He cannot run and avoid the rush. He throws the ball too hard. He does not, or cannot, read the defenses he faces. Throws to closely covered receivers. And he makes Duke way too easy to defend against. I have to admit that Hart was absolutely correct months ago when he stated that we whould be relying upon Loftis and/or Belin.

OFC
I think there really trying to redshirt loftis so I don’t think he’ll be an option but belin ABSOLUTELY deserves a shot. As for brewer his offense has no flow or tempo. Its like watching an 6 year old play madden

I have always liked Belin over Loftis but I have been disappointed we have not let one play. I am really struggling with 2 of the coaches. The OC is very meh so far and the special teams coach has shown he had no experience. We need a spark on the offense. Murphy is just to rigid in the pocket but on another board one of the regular commentators was saying that he sat next to Belins parents at a recent game and they said he is still recovering from his injury from last year. I don't know for sure but man a QB with mobility would be a nice change right now.

Last edited:
I really like Diaz and he's a smart guy whereas we are only fans, even Surf who clearly knows more than I do. But I have trouble figuring out why Manny won't give Belin or if he is hurt, Loftis more of a chance. Do they see a lot in Murphy in practice than we see in games? Do they feel he has such arm talent that it will eventually pay dividends? I can't believe they "promised" him that he would start and they are stuck with that promise, that makes no sense and will tear the team apart. They must see something we have only seen in glimpses so far.

I agree that I can't think of one successful college QB in the past 10 years who couldn't run a little. The guy Beck on Ga. is not fast but he'll move around a little and he of course has a much better offensive line in front of him.

Reactions: surfdevil

OFC
I have always liked Belin over Loftis but I have been disappointed we have not let one play. I am really struggling with 2 of the coaches. The OC is very meh and the special teams coach has shown he had no experience. We need a spark on the offense. Murphy is just to rigid in the pocket but on another board one of the regular commentators was saying that he sat next to Belins parents at a recent game and they said he is still recovering from his injury from last year. I don't know for sure but man a QB with mobility would be a nice change right now.
DI I appreciate the mention my friend. Actually I hate to be correct, but last nite was a definitive statement we need a dual threat qb.

I included surf's comments as well per Belin's injury status. I thought Henry was healed. That's a bummer when added to fact Loftis is being redshirted. How about at least giving Jordan Moore some Wildcat reps!!!??

Nonetheless if you'd told me we would be 5-1 (with the Bell back where it belongs), I would have signed off on it immediately!! Get back in the lab Manny. Tinker with this offense.14 points isn't going to cut it in ACC play!!

OFC

Do they see a lot in Murphy in practice than we see in games? Do they feel he has such arm talent that it will eventually pay dividends? I can't believe they "promised" him that he would start and they are stuck with that promise,
Lift this is what scares me. In the age of NIL, coaches become like contract negotiators too. All I know is Maalik commented after signing with Duke "I wanted to go somewhere I would play," and that's certainly been the case.Was the Murphy-Loftis preseason qb duel merely a charade? Did staff know all along Maalik would be the starter?

Whatever, we are 5-1 and I am thrilled with the record. Manny and Co need to get to work, as offense needs serious work.

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT