ADVERTISEMENT

duke football news

Indeed, a lot on the line tonight. Looking for a close game. Very well could be determined by special teams play.

I'm reading that Jones is starting tonight. Amazing and crazy, but makes me nervous too.

Reactions: PixelDevil
All my favorite (lucky) Circuit lot tailgate spots were taken before 145.....by Hokies.

Time to christen a new lucky spot - it does have a good breeze!!

If Taylor could have just held on to that pass, that would have been a hell of a start!!!
OFC

Quick passes will not let us get pressure on the qb with single coverage, need to make an adjustment. Hokies crowd is loud here too.

Love that dropped pass in the endzone by our guys. Then follow it with miss field goal.

VT is one of the few teams, under Bud Foster, that is capable of making changes on the fly. They've realized that Jones can't/won't run, and have adjusted accordingly.
The announcers were correct. Last week was just a perfect storm vs ODU. They are way better than they looked last week.
And, as feared, Duke was 4-0 vs 1 decent team, 1 mediocre team, and 2 pretty bad teams.

Reactions: hart2chesson
VT may be the best coached team in America. No other power 5 team gets as much out of their team on a regular basis. Other teams are more talented, because attracting big time talent to Blacksburg is tough. But my god, they execute well.
Last week had to be something weird. Maybe it was just that they can't afford to waste reps on backups, which explains why they looked bad with the backup.

so bad injury news. koby quansah our #3 lb looks to be done for the year with a foot injury.

That really hurts. He had played well against the triple option. I think he had about 10 tackles against Army this yr and 8 or 9 against GT last year if I remember correctly. Wishing you a Speedy recovery young fella.

okay they are now saying he is out ''indefinitely''. he had surgery today on a fractured 5th metatarsal bone in his left foot. happened in practice yesterday. they are saying chris rumph will get the start.

okay they are now saying he is out ''indefinitely''. he had surgery today on a fractured 5th metatarsal bone in his left foot. happened in practice yesterday. they are saying chris rumph will get the start.

Surf its a BIG LOSS for sure, but I think Chris Rumph has impressed the staff this year. I think he can capably slide in as that extra LB today as we go 4-3-4 vs Jackets option....

OFC

big big win for us today. offense looked meh but that defensive effort was strong. tj rahming stinks at punt returns. self inflicted errors really slowed us up today BUT when you have turnovers and dumb plays and still beat ga tech by 14 on their home field it is a new era for duke football.

one really piece of bad news. edgar cerenord suffers achilles rupture per cut. hate it for him

big big win for us today. offense looked meh but that defensive effort was strong. tj rahming stinks at punt returns. self inflicted errors really slowed us up today BUT when you have turnovers and dumb plays and still beat ga tech by 14 on their home field it is a new era for duke football.

one really piece of bad news. edgar cerenord suffers achilles rupture per cut. hate it for him

Thoughts Surf on who will step in for Cerenord? I agree about Rahming on punt returns: Kid is shaky back there! Thrilled w/the win and 5-1 however!

OFC

Reactions: surfdevil
really sux for Cerenord. horrible finish to his college career. in past years this would have been a killer for us but due to the ''ALBERT'' affect we actually have depth on the dl. the two starters will be tangelo (so) and mcswain (jr). the depth will be nyembwe (so), rice (fr) and frye (rfr). that still leaves mugala (rjr) and brown (fr) for emergency. i think they are trying to save browns red shirt.

by the way, rumph numbers for yesterday. 7 tackles, 5 solo, 1 sack, 4 tackles for loss. good good impact from him. really kinda like him in the ''CASH'' safety/lb hybrid spot as opposed to de

really sux for Cerenord. horrible finish to his college career. in past years this would have been a killer for us but due to the ''ALBERT'' affect we actually have depth on the dl. the two starters will be tangelo (so) and mcswain (jr). the depth will be nyembwe (so), rice (fr) and frye (rfr). that still leaves mugala (rjr) and brown (fr) for emergency. i think they are trying to save browns red shirt.

Duke and DEPTH! This seemed so impossible for decades in football.....Refreshing!!! Cerenord has been a DIFFERENCE MAKER! OFC

by the way, rumph numbers for yesterday. 7 tackles, 5 solo, 1 sack, 4 tackles for loss. good good impact from him. really kinda like him in the ''CASH'' safety/lb hybrid spot as opposed to de

Rumph definitely played possessed! OFC

I cover this kid with the games I broadcast. He is one heck of an athlete. Larry Fedora flew into one of his games a couple weeks ago and I was worried they had jumped to the top of his list.

we need to follow this up with a victory on the field today. lots of visitors today. multiple 2020 kids along with a couple of OT potential kids for this class. i think this is where we are at for recruiting. we need 1 if not 2 ot tackles, a spot for nick jackson if he wants to come here,a slot receiver and maybe a QB. really hope we have a good crowd and a good game

we need to follow this up with a victory on the field today. lots of visitors today. multiple 2020 kids along with a couple of OT potential kids for this class. i think this is where we are at for recruiting. we need 1 if not 2 ot tackles, a spot for nick jackson if he wants to come here,a slot receiver and maybe a QB. really hope we have a good crowd and a good game

Pivotal game Surf, chance to get bowl eligibility behind us quickly AND SHOOT for as HIGH AS POSSIBLE, (at least upper tier) of Coastal! I am concerned about Va qb Perkins scramble ability and breaking long runs. Hes strong and tough to bring down.
I like us though, 24-20 in a very physical game!

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT