ADVERTISEMENT

Duke after away games

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
So after the game yesterday my wife and I stood at the team bus along with a lot of fans. The players and coaches came out one by one but when K came out he took the time to walk down both sides where the fans were shaking hands and telling everyone thanks for coming and stuff. For such an evil guy that seemed awful genuine and truly special for me to see. I got some great pics of the guys too so it was awesome. Anyway I'm sure it is but is that typical of away games?

So after the game yesterday my wife and I stood at the team bus along with a lot of fans. The players and coaches came out one by one but when K came out he took the time to walk down both sides where the fans were shaking hands and telling everyone thanks for coming and stuff. For such an evil guy that seemed awful genuine and truly special for me to see. I got some great pics of the guys too so it was awesome. Anyway I'm sure it is but is that typical of away games?
The people who say that horrible stuff are just haters and jealous of his success

Reactions: pisgah101
I went to the practice when Duke played the opening weekend of the tournament in Rupp in the late 90's.
Coach K was being ridiculed viciously by the uk fans, but still came up to the seats and signed autographs for some of the Duke fans that were there. I gave that hat away a few years later to a girl......I want it back.

Reactions: skysdad
I was front row at the bus myself. He went to the opposite side shaking hands with fans then came to my side and i was able to shake his hand! Was real nice and even started talking about how great the weather was. May let em fly in the locker room but definitely a very classy person.

I use to go to the Slam Dunk to the Beach every year with a good friend and his dad (Huge UNC fans) and I will never forget K and Wojo were sitting on the baseline watching Daniel Ewing play. My friend and his dad started giving me a hard time about if I was a true Duke fan I would go down there and ask for his autograph. I will never forget going down there and K just carrying on conversation with me like we had known each other our whole life.

I will never forget that night and just another reason I am a huge Duke fan.

Both played varsity this past year. Older one is ok - has a nice jumper. Younger one is a sophomore and started most of the games this year and will probably be a D3 caliber player but chances are he is going to walk on at Duke.

That's awesome! Hope he does what are their names? Not in a creepy way lol

Pisgah our local high school is playing first round game tomorrow night against Smoky Mountain. Are they in the same conference as Pisgah?

I was standing exactly to right of her getting her ball signed. Think she was after a sig from Grayson but he didnt slow down til hr got to the bus

Sweet! Did u see duval sign that guys shoes? That was cool!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT