ADVERTISEMENT

bolden

youknowit1

Starter
Sep 7, 2017
Hurt last year, hurt this summer and now hurt again. Now ej Montgomery to duke is the talk.
Zion/javin/j rob
Ej/bolden/vrank
Anybody think Marques returns for his junior year.

We've discussed this and discussed this. For the record I think he will be back. no more need to discuss it any more until we here what he's gonna do from his mouth. there's so much more we can discuss about Duke basketball. OFC

I'm not getting on here and saying he's gone, transferring, unhappy or whatever. I will say his whole injury has been very weird to me. Didn't K announce a few games ago that they didn't announce he wasn't playing until right before the game because he may have been able to go? That was at least 2 games ago.
These 2 seasons with Bolden have been odd, to say the least. It's reasonable for folks to speculate.
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play for the rest of the season. I have no clue what's going on with him. Does anybody out there know, other than the team?

Nothing is beyond the realm of possibility but it does not make sense for him to transfer and sit out a year.Of course all this goes out the window if the NCAA ends the rule for sitting out a season for transfers

It's reasonable for folks to speculate.
I think it's annoying to speculate the same thing every single time we haven't had the personal opportunity to waterboard K and ask him what's going on.

It's reasonable to expect people to demonstrate tact and self-restraint like adults.

Reactions: Dukeman
I think it's annoying to speculate the same thing every single time we haven't had the personal opportunity to waterboard K and ask him what's going on.

It's reasonable to expect people to demonstrate tact and self-restraint like adults.
I think it's rude that you would want to waterboard Coach K to get info out of him. You should have some self restraint and let some people speculate, what's the harm?

Reactions: sheyduke
It's redundant, obnoxious, pointless, and redundant.
But it's ok that you want to waterboard the poor man? For Christ sakes Datt, the man's 70 years old. That's past obnoxious man, that's criminal. Get a grip, please!

Reactions: sheyduke
It's redundant, obnoxious, pointless, and redundant.

ab8c229496701a3c93896c03d0a251dc00d0428b5e74c8f1da2d40985648dca6.jpg

Actually read article that bolden has been practicing but Weill be few days games out before back in game shape?

Must admit when I saw the Montgomery involvement yesterday afternoon, I did consider Bolden leaving at season's end and staff already expects or knows it.I would think Marques probably envisioned himself an OAD initially from the class of '16. Most on this board did.

Obviously things havent gone the way many expected of him, and hes been injury prone. Perhaps he hopes to come back this season in best shape ever and play hard remainder of year and get ready for the next level at this stage. I could easily see him in the G League or overseas next year playing, and not risk further injury while still in college. Thats just a hunch- I hope hes back in Durham though....

OFC

Just noticed from a google search that ol DJ Funnybone got arrested in Wrightsville Beach last summer and isn’t currently playing basketball. #TarheelBrotherhood

Kind of thing we dont hear tarhole fans talking about when they come over here my friend....

OFC

The thing to me with Bolden is twofold. First, last years and this years injury seem to lave lingered longer than might have been suspected. Both seemed to go from any day now to any week. Part of that is how K deals with publicizing injuries. Second, his play/appearance on the court has never really meshed with his ranking or the way the experts talk about his NBA potential. OK a third thing. Many on this board , probably based on his ranking and the current trend of 1 and done, just assume Bolden was fixated on the NBA and dying to get out of Duke yesterday. Unlike a Luke or Grayson, who we kind of assume love playing for Duke and would stay for 5 years if allowed to and their draft stock didn't scream otherwise, we think Bolden wants to get out even if it isn't in his best interest. Why? The only thing I have ever heard from him is that he loves it at Duke and is willing and happy to do whatever he needs to do to become the kind of player he wants to be.

Reactions: topps coach
Yeah. Seems like bolden has reallly bought in this year. Last year I think he may have expected to step on the floor and just be one n done. Sometimes big guys can take a bit especially ones that are raw which seems to be the case with him since said in offseason he was relatively new to basketball

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT