ADVERTISEMENT

Around the NCAA 2016-2017

Tech needed that as they were hurting for signature wins and have a tough road schedule coming. Should they steal a road win and win out at home they should be securely in the tourney. Buzz Williams has done a great job with that team.
Can't stand buzz. I know this your team but he annoys the hell out of me haha.

Somewhere out there the bracket nerds are fumbling thru their pocket protector to find their erasers

Why? He's a patriotic guy who coaches with passion. If you haven't seen the video with him and team about how they will stand during national anthem, watch it

Reactions: dukehokie
Why? He's a patriotic guy who coaches with passion. If you haven't seen the video with him and team about how they will stand during national anthem, watch it
No question that I'm being biased but I can't stand him all over the floor during the games.

Hahah why is that?! He's been a breath of fresh air following Shrek Greenberg and for a brief stint James Johnson. I liked him at Marquette too.

I'm afraid our game on Wednesday just got a little tougher.

OFC

I think their loss was a product of looking ahead to Duke. Which means you know they'll have a game plan.

This UVA team looks like a bunch of rec league all-stars but man do they play hard and together. It was already going to be rough but now, as you said, it's going to be tougher.

Cut the head off of the snake. Rattle Perrentes and Duke will win. Let him go nuts and it's going to be a rough night.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I think their loss was a product of looking ahead to Duke. Which means you know they'll have a game plan.

This UVA team looks like a bunch of rec league all-stars but man do they play hard and together. It was already going to be rough but now, as you said, it's going to be tougher.

Cut the head off of the snake. Rattle Perrentes and Duke will win. Let him go nuts and it's going to be a rough night.

Sounds like a plan, now if we can just execute it!

OFC

Reactions: dukehokie
Since the KenPom rankings started in the 2001-2002 season, the only team with a higher rating than the current Gonzaga team, is the 2015 Kentucky team. They have an All-American candidate in Williams-Goss, three big-men averaging double figures and shooting above 60% from the floor (Karnowski, Collins, and Williams), and several sharp-shooting guards in Melson, Perkins, and Mathews. This Gonzaga team is legit. As of today, I would probably pick them for the Final Four. But things can change in a couple weeks.

Also, Gonzaga is redshirting two freshman that were rated as 4-star recruits. Team is crazy deep and talented. Karnowski and Mathews are the only seniors on the team - needless to say, this team will be one of the top teams in 2018 as well.

Last edited:
Count me in the camp who also likes Buzz Williams.

The ACC really has some good coaches.

If he's not careful and starts beating unc he's going to going to be called Hitler or Satan. OFC

Since the KenPom rankings started in the 2001-2002 season, the only team with a higher rating than the current Gonzaga team, is the 2015 Kentucky team. They have an All-American candidate in Williams-Goss, three big-men averaging double figures and shooting above 60% from the floor (Karnowski, Collins, and Williams), and several sharp-shooting guards in Melson, Perkins, and Mathews. This Gonzaga team is legit. As of today, I would probably pick them for the Final Four. But things can change in a couple weeks.

Also, Gonzaga is redshirting two freshman that were rated as 4-star recruits. Team is crazy deep and talented. Karnowski and Mathews are the only seniors on the team - needless to say, this team will be one of the top teams in 2018 as well.

Perkins is one guy I wish Duke would have pursued a bit more. He could have coexisted with Tyus.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Is BC really beating ND by ten at half?!! I know it's halftime, but it just goes to show u how stacked the ACC is.

Reactions: dbav
I have to think that if he can keep up this success at Florida, White would be in the mix if K retires while his father is AD.

I don't think it will be him, but I'd imagine his name would come up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT