ADVERTISEMENT

Any Chance Nolan Smith Comes Back to Duke?

bmbritt

Cameron Crazy
Feb 5, 2003
Thoughts? He could even potentially bring Brandon Huntley-Hatfield with him to help at Center since he’s hitting the portal.

Can't see it happening. I don't blame Nolan for going but it feels like he burned a bridge.

Do tell.. but I’m a solid no. He made his choice

Reactions: jamsession2
Reactions: The_Only_Blue
I have no knock on Nolan he is a Duke alumni. However, when you see Jon bringing in some of the top up and comers in the coaching game especially Lucas that lets us know coaches trust in him .
On to Nolan , I found it weird that he interviewed for a G league team coaching spot and didn’t get it but Jefferson got a development role with the number one east team with the Boston Celtics after only a couple seasons on the Duke coaching staff. Sometimes the grass is not greener on the other side.

People will disagree with me on this, but it was a bad look when Nolan didn't shake Hubert Davis's hand after the game. And he purposely looked the other way. Can you imagine Scheyer doing this? It made him look so immature. You should lose with class. I loved Nolan as a player, hope he learns from this.

Nolan is the only person I felt bad for regarding Louisville‘s collapse into the absolute abyss… Nolan was a special part of Duke’s 2010 National Championship and the major reason Duke didn’t sink too bad when Kyrie Irving was lost for the entire ACC season in 2011. Nolan seriously stepped up his game as a senior leader. (Watch the unc @ Duke game from 2011)

I couldn’t fault him for going to Louisville at the time because of his Dad’s ties to the program. I will always wish him well.

Don’t agree with what Nolan did, but it’s no different than Kenny Payne basically blaming everything on Danny Manning not being a good game day coaching assistant.
Both were in the wrong. Nolan is one of my favorite guys to put on the jersey and play, but I am disappointed in him if it's true. And it seems it is.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
People will disagree with me on this, but it was a bad look when Nolan didn't shake Hubert Davis's hand after the game. And he purposely looked the other way. Can you imagine Scheyer doing this? It made him look so immature. You should lose with class. I loved Nolan as a player, hope he learns from this.
That was Carrawell.

Oh because the Ark. coach went to USC. Interesting. Cal has a huge buyout.

Is Ark. the school with Walmart headquarters nearby? If so that's a lot of NIL $

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT