ADVERTISEMENT

A Greensboro Zinger

I get what he's saying....but he was stupid to say it.
As much as I respect Boeheim, I agree that it was a silly comment to make, but I do understand what the underlying message was and like he said himself he's not going to be coaching much longer anyway. It gets me to thinking why is he so concerned with it then if he's not going to be coaching much longer.

He's about to retire and misses the Big East. Losing for the 14th time this season probably didn't help either

I'll miss him when he's gone. I don't blame him for being bitter. His legacy has taken a beating for questionable reasons.

Syracuse has not won a game in the ACC Tournament since joining the conference. I think that adds to his frustrations.

By the way, K won his 58th ACC Tournament game yesterday, tying Dean Smith for most all-time.

I'll miss him when he's gone. I don't blame him for being bitter. His legacy has taken a beating for questionable reasons.

Cuse hoops director personally logged into academic database and submit work for players well after the grading period. Plus there was an admitted coaches meeting to discuss how to keep players eligible, Jimmy wasn't involved? Do you think he'd just show for practice and find out his starting center was ineligible while being in Top 5 all season.

Boeheim has always been a whiner.

I love having the ACCT in Brooklyn but Greensboro should never ever be taken out of the rotation.

IMO, ACCT should be held Charlotte like football title game. Arena is in city and bars/restaurants/hotels all over.

LOL @boeheim. Cant win in this new league so lets cry about Greensboro which hes only had to go to ONCE in 4 years theyve been in ACC.
Also anyone catch the part where he says "theres no recruits down there"? Might explain why they cant finish in the top half of the league if thats how out of touch with recruiting he now is.

Reactions: tarheel0910
New York City has become barren when it comes to high level high school basketball recruits. There have been multiple articles written about it in the last few years.

He's a dick. I didn't have a big problem with him saying what he did about NY, but no, he had to say that Greensboro had NO VALUE whatsoever...and that's BS. I've had no use for him since he took that airplane ride flapping his gums and jacket at Cameron over the call at the end of the game.

OFC

I also used to like Boeheim but I think that was manly because of K's high regard of him. Judging him without taking this into account really leaves me thinking that he's a bitter old man. Several examples of him being an a-hole. His antics when Duke beat Syracuse... his comments on Greensboro in the past and now present... etc. He obviously misses the Big Eat and was probably told at the time that it was a financial decision. Then he attempts to spin that into a knock on ACC leadership citing finances. His bitterness is getting old.

That being said I could see how the sanctions that were laid on him when compared to the lacking sanctions of other schools could justify this bitterness. No reason to knock Greensboro though - it's the capital of the ACC. The Greensboro Coliseum has been a historic venue for the ACC and always is a great atmosphere for the tournament.

Someone can correct me here because I'm making this comment with no research but I feel like the state of NC has produced more talent from a recruiting perspective than the State of NY.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT