ADVERTISEMENT

Wendell's prediction....

I understand exactly where you're coming from Show. MSU will be ready.
I hope I'm not wrong by saying this, but I think this team is and will be ready. I think this team listens, and respects Coach K. If he still knows how to motivate, and I think he does, then last year will be a reminder that he may use. Then the second reason I see this team being ready is Grayson. Nothing against Jefferson or Jones, but to the rest of the team, Grayson is the real deal. They should know he's not some role player. This senior is a stud, and he can back up what they need to do. Jefferson and Jones were important to the 15 team and were valuable seniors, but the respect a guy like Grayson I believe will get will be much more cause he can do so much more.
These freshmen seeing him play big in the big games to them has to mean something. Then watching him jump over 2 cheerleaders to win a dunk contest should make them say "This guy is for real!!"

Agreed Mac, and I see the SAME FIRE in Grayson I saw in QUINN as Our Sr 2 guard in '15! Good post sir! O F C

I believe the Michigan State game will be a very tough one. I think you can make a case for why either team wins this game. I am expecting us to win, but wouldn't be shocked if we didn't, with the game being this early. I am not going to go into it thinking it means we have a problem if we lose. This would be a big win for either side in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
We will have to play incredibly well to beat Michigan St. next Tuesday. But they’re going to need to do the same in order to beat us.

I haven't thought a lot about M.S.U. so far but I believe we will win however the more I see the post about them the more concerned I'm becoming. OFC

Michigan st usually starts slow, I’m not worried . The way our teams sharing the ball is outstanding, and unexpected, and gonna be hard to beat .i think Duvals the key to this game.

I want to win the MSU game (and think we may), but almost as important is to see how our guys conduct themselves (mentally & physically) against a disciplined, and talented team. Should be a great game.

OFC

I don't care what they are they always underperform early and sucked last year

It's true that MSU always starts slowly. I could see us beating them then meeting up in the FF.

But, they are a physical team and have a number of talented players returning with the influx of Jaren Jackson.

I think it could be a tough game to win - and its in Chicago which is not far from MSU.

The other potential challenge early will come in the Phil Knight invitational with Florida or Gonzaga looming. I cannot abide the Gators - especially in basketball - but they are rated 7th/8th or so. Of course, they have to get past Gonzaga who is always a tough team and that will be close to a home game for them, since its in Portland.

I don't see this young team going undefeated but I like the attitude and expectations Carter is putting out there.

I know....feels kind of good, doesn't it? I never wish summer and fall away in Minnesota, but it hit a couple weeks ago in full force so I'm ready for some basketball!
Don't see how y'all handle your winters.Can take the heat but when it gets cold do not want to leave the house

Don't see how y'all handle your winters.Can take the heat but when it gets cold do not want to leave the house

You get used to it....I guess that's the best I can say. We have a family home in Florida so we usually spend 10-14 days or so down there for the holidays, another week in January or February and then another week over the kids spring break. The bitter cold lasts about 8-10 weeks....and in all we're in Florida for about a month of it. By the time I'm in my mid-50s I'm hoping it's three months in Florida.

You get used to it....I guess that's the best I can say. We have a family home in Florida so we usually spend 10-14 days or so down there for the holidays, another week in January or February and then another week over the kids spring break. The bitter cold lasts about 8-10 weeks....and in all we're in Florida for about a month of it. By the time I'm in my mid-50s I'm hoping it's three months in Florida.

Must be awesome to have that option!! I am retiring in 8 years, and my plan is to have a condo on a golf course in Florida, and a house boat here in KY, and just move back and forth with the weather!

Reactions: Duke937
Don't look now, but Bilas just picked MSU to win it all this year.

I guess you missed the video. I think it all went over your head. I thought the jab at Bilas was funny. I think you thought I was jabbing you.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I wonder what everyone's reaction would be if Jay Bilas picked Duke to win it all every year. OFC

I wonder what everyone's reaction would be if Jay Bilas picked Duke to win it all every year. OFC
Sky, there's a better chance of Roy admitting to cheating and self imposing penalties on his program than Bilas ever doing that. I think you've eaten one too many cans of potted meat.

Sky, there's a better chance of Roy admitting to cheating and self imposing penalties on his program than Bilas ever doing that. I think you've eaten one too many cans of potted meat.

Mac that gets a 10!!! OFC

Just a question. OFC

Sky none of us want a "homer." I just find it interesting he takes Izzo over Duke consdering Duke's mastery of the Spartans over the years....

Dont get me wrong, I know Sparty has a great team coming back...OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
Sky none of us want a "homer." I just find it interesting he takes Izzo over Duke consdering Duke's mastery of the Spartans over the years....

Dont get me wrong, I know Sparty has a great team coming back...OFC

Meh. The talking heads generally pick the “gritty, veteran team” in their early season picks. I know going into that game, Izzo will not underestimate us and the fellas better be ready for a fight, regardless of who on ESPN picks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT