ADVERTISEMENT

USA Basketball at the Olympics

Team USA is Golden!
Congrats to the coaches and all the players that sacrificed their time to play for our country. I love this team, and I love the USA!

OFC

Reactions: youngman42 and dbav
Awesome way to close out Coach's tenure. I will miss seeing him on the USA sideline.

That was a statement game!

88-1 since Coach K took over the national team and a 24-0 record in the olympics, this was during a time where all the media was stating the world was catching up to the USA...Coach K brought pride back to US basketball. Kobe's words.

Thank you coach K and the entire coaching staff for a great run! Now hopefully in roughly 9 months we will all be celebrating again!

That was a statement game!

88-1 since Coach K took over the national team and a 24-0 record in the olympics, this was during a time where all the media was stating the world was catching up to the USA...Coach K brought pride back to US basketball. Kobe's words.

Thank you coach K and the entire coaching staff for a great run! Now hopefully in roughly 9 months we will all be celebrating again!
Not that it matters, but didn't he lose 2 games alone at the 1990 FIBA's? And are you counting exhibition wins? I got him at like 56-3 or something close to that. Regardless, he and Colangelo got this thing back on track.

Not that it matters, but didn't he lose 2 games alone at the 1990 FIBA's? And are you counting exhibition wins? I got him at like 56-3 or something close to that. Regardless, he and Colangelo got this thing back on track.

Good job there UNC '92. Of course I could have coached all these great players all these years to the gold. Anybody could have done it. OFC

Reactions: harttochesson
You are right there. But from what I understand from unc nation anyone could coach these NBA stars to victory. You see I know what you are saying and there's no doubt I could'nt command the respect but you still had to find something negative although it is nicky picky with the 56-3 . Why couldn't you have just said congrats to our Olympic team and that be it but you just can't stand it can you. But you can't help it. You're a tar heel fan. It's your nature. This is the last I'll discuss this with you. I had come to the point where I decided not to reply to any thr posters.It's just worth it. But I broke that by responding to you but it will not happen again. So you get the last word. Make it a good one. OFC

Last edited:
You are right there. But from what I understand from unc nation anyone could coach these NBA stars to victory. You see I know what you are saying and there's no doubt I could command the respect but you still had to find something negative although it is nicky picky with the 56-3 . Why couldn't you have just said congrats to our Olympic team and that be it but you just can't stand it can you. But you can't help it. You're a tar heel fan. It's your nature. This is the last I'll discuss this with you. I had come to the point where I decided not to reply to any thr posters.It's just worth it. But I broke that by responding to you but it will not happen again. So you get the last word. Make it a good one. OFC
My whole tone in this thread was congratulatory to our boys. Man you are sensitive to the point where it's no fun. It's not "nicky picky", it's a fact. How is that a negative? You prefer to just run with it not being true because it makes you feel better? Jesus, toughen up.

Ass, you brought this on yourself. And you know exactly what you were doing. That's like saying there's a typo in the bible. Come one man. And now you go after our posters on our board. Well I won't make the same mistake I made with your boy gunslingerdick. See ya.

You have him at 56-3, and yet he has a 76 game win streak.

Clearly, you took your remedial math studies at UNC. Must have been in one of the the basketball & football players' math classes.

Harrison%20Barnes%20Team%20Victory%20Cigar%20HB.jpg

OFC

Ass, you brought this on yourself. And you know exactly what you were doing. That's like saying there's a typo in the bible. Come one man. And now you go after our posters on our board. Well I won't make the same mistake I made with your boy gunslingerdick. See ya.

I will say this about unc-'92. He did stand up for our country's team and say he would support his country's team on the anti Olympic/Coach K. thread. OFC

You have him at 56-3, and yet he has a 76 game win streak.

Clearly, you took your remedial math studies at UNC. Must have been in one of the the basketball & football players' math classes.

I'd like to see a link to the 56-3 and the exhibition losses. The only loss I recall was in K's first year when they won the Bronze. Don't get me wrong. I'm not denying any of it. I'd just like to see the corroboration. Nevermind. Found it. He's including the World University Games and the Goodwill Games. And , yeah , that's definitely a nit-pick and not the same thing. But if ya wanna include 'em , go ahead. He won Silver and Bronze in those.

Last edited:
You are right there. But from what I understand from unc nation anyone could coach these NBA stars to victory. You see I know what you are saying and there's no doubt I could'nt command the respect but you still had to find something negative although it is nicky picky with the 56-3 . Why couldn't you have just said congrats to our Olympic team and that be it but you just can't stand it can you. But you can't help it. You're a tar heel fan. It's your nature. This is the last I'll discuss this with you. I had come to the point where I decided not to reply to any thr posters.It's just worth it. But I broke that by responding to you but it will not happen again. So you get the last word. Make it a good one. OFC

Anyone except George Karl and Larry Brown.

Wow, we finally started flushing the turds around here. Good job DH ! !

I really like flushing the turds when a ban comes down. I must admit I thought thr's tombstone was clever and funny but this tops it and Show is the only one that could come up with it. Wish someone could come up with a pic of it so we could use every time it went down. OFC

Reactions: DukeDenver
Simply amazing to watch a kid who grew up poor in Chicago, graduate from West Point & lead USA hoops to three Gold medals. Talk about the American Dream!

Media pegged Aussies as team to scare USA & didn't even medal. Shows how much they know.

Last edited:
This game, as much as any, showed K's value. There isn't any question that the team got consistently better as the tournament went on and they spent more time together. They absolutely peaked in the final, which is the goal. And there are specific adjustments and line-ups moves that proved critical, like flipping the big rotation and keeping Durant in when the next four "energy guys" came in. He is truly masterful.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
These were kinda funny as well.....

NOTSportsCenter™ ‏@NOTSportsCenter

BREAKING: Harrison Barnes gets USA's 1st triple double in a Gold medal game with 18 high fives, 14 butt slaps and 10 water cups distributed

NOTSportsCenter‏@NOTSportsCenter

When you get an A in a class you only attended once the entire semester

Luke DeCock ‏@LukeDeCock

Here comes Harrison Barnes. It's over. US up 88-47 with 5:54 to play

Chris McClain ‏@macwfnz

Time for the human Gold Medal Victory Cigar Harry Barnes.

Not Mike Krzyzewski ‏@NotKrzyzewski

Harrison Barns played 5 minutes in the World Championship game. During that time, the US was outscored by 11. Can I get a max deal too?

I wonder how bad and pathetic the turd Gary-7 must feel after the way he peed on the USA, The US Mens Team and how he made a complete ass of himself and helped a few others who agreed with him do the same. Those THR fans who love out country should really pee on Gary and never respond to any post of his.

Reactions: skysdad
Team USA Stock Watch

Harrison Barnes: Enron

This is weird to say about guy who just signed a four-year, $94.4 million contract, but it’s been a bruising few months for Harrison Barnes. His NBA Finals shooting drought was so excruciating to watch that it took me an hour to work up the mental fortitude to look up his stats (65 total points, 25-for-71 from the floor, 35 percent shooting, a minus-32) .There’s probably no worse way to brick a contract year that doesn’t involve criminal proceedings, and it took place on the biggest stage in the sport

All of which is to say: Harrison Barnes (HBQX) is trading at historic lows and can’t possibly go lower! Buy now!

https://theringer.com/team-usa-stock-watch-melo-way-up-9c59d9dfdf03#.dl9r6dgqz

Also, I love how respectful our coach is about Brazil. So many couldn't wait and were even happy to take all kinds of shots at Rio. Well deserved or not, our coach had nothing but praise for another country and showed respect. He doesn't just do things different he does them right.

Reactions: dbav
Also, I love how respectful our coach is about Brazil. So many couldn't wait and were even happy to take all kinds of shots at Rio. Well deserved or not, our coach had nothing but praise for another country and showed respect. He doesn't just do things different he does them right.

I'm happy about this too. Rio got such bad press from the US that I'm actually pretty embarrassed.

I also love how every NBA star on the teams has said K isn't what they were told he is during the recruiting process. This year it was Durant and Cousins who said that. I know Rose said that in the past. That must really be tearing up the haters.

Last edited:
Congrats to K and the team. Class as usual. Now let's land some new Devils for the next class.

I must say, after the first few games I was really down about the men's team's inability to play help defense and to move without the ball. I was thinking that maybe the AAU system has prevented boys from learning to play as a team on the play ground the way we used to do. But as the tourney progressed, the basic concepts that good players learn early on came out and this bunch of millionaires began to play as a team. The coaches and the players deserve equal credit for putting their personal egos aside and doing what it took to show they were the best team in the world. I'm proud of each and every one of them. Even HB, who knew he wasn't going to play much as the 12th man but at least seemed to stay awake during games (though hardly enthusiastic on the bench).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT