ADVERTISEMENT

USA Basketball at the Olympics

Boy Spain is looking good. They are currently dismantling France (up almost 30 in 4th). This after beating Argentina by 19 and Lithuania by 50(!) in their last two games.

With Team USA playing much better in today's game than they had in the last two games, I wonder if Coach K will get any of the credit from opposing fanbases or will they try to say that it was all on the players and Coach K had nothing to do with them playing better today.

With Team USA playing much better in today's game than they had in the last two games, I wonder if Coach K will get any of the credit from opposing fanbases or will they try to say that it was all on the players and Coach K had nothing to do with them playing better today.

Nah, this was just another exhibition-type team, haha.

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
Klay & Draymond look awful, don't think they recoverd from Finals yet. Klay hit the side of backboard on a WIDE open jumper from corner. George needs to start & play 30 mins, Klay gets beat on backdoor cuts constantly.

Klay & Draymond look awful, don't think they recoverd from Finals yet. Klay hit the side of backboard on a WIDE open jumper from corner. George needs to start & play 30 mins, Klay gets beat on backdoor cuts constantly.
Agreed on Klay. When he's not hitting he mopes and doesn't play D. If he's hitting keep him out there if he's not he should sit. Just the way it's been in this tourney so far.

Paul George really set the tone yesterday. KD was excellent and that's the KD we've been waiting to see, hopefully we can follow up that effort and intensity tomorrow.

Jimmy Butler and Lowry also were really good yesterday (along with P. George). They set a defensive tone this team has been looking for a while now. Cousins played more inspired too.

Reactions: dbav
Jimmy Butler and Lowry also were really good yesterday (along with P. George). They set a defensive tone this team has been looking for a while now. Cousins played more inspired too.
Agreed on all 3. butler was fantastic and so was Lowry in that 2nd unit that completely changed the course of the game.

The line-up moves there definitely worked, as far as getting the more defensive-oriented big in the offensive line-up, and putting the big that can score in there with the best perimeter defenders.

There was an overall energy and intensity level that had been largely missing. Hopefully it stays because Spain has been terrific lately. The shooting is still a concern, because outside of Durant, USA went 4-24 from 3. They will have to do better than that tomorrow.

The Holes fans will probably say the Black Falcon inspired the team to victory and Dsouthr will continue to think that K scheduled another cupcake.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
The Holes fans will probably say the Black Falcon inspired the team to victory and Dsouthr will continue to think that K scheduled another cupcake.

That 3 he made was just AWESOME! OFC

With the way teams have been somewhat deliberately fouling, especially Jordan, I would start Jordan and bring Cousins off the bench. If teams want to burden their starters with fouls, let them do it when we aren't in the Bonus. That makes them pay a bigger price for intentional/strategic fouling of Jordan. It also helps keep Cousins out of early foul trouble. I think keeping Jordan off of the foul line and Cousins out of foul trouble really helps this team from a psychological standpoint and a productivity standpoint.

With the way teams have been somewhat deliberately fouling, especially Jordan, I would start Jordan and bring Cousins off the bench. If teams want to burden their starters with fouls, let them do it when we aren't in the Bonus. That makes them pay a bigger price for intentional/strategic fouling of Jordan. It also helps keep Cousins out of early foul trouble. I think keeping Jordan off of the foul line and Cousins out of foul trouble really helps this team from a psychological standpoint and a productivity standpoint.

K was listening.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Deandre Jordan was the difference maker in this one. Klay shot great and overall I thought kyrie played pretty well, but deansre was a beast out there.

Deandre Jordan was the difference maker in this one. Klay shot great and overall I thought kyrie played pretty well, but deansre was a beast out there.

I agree on Jordan. Cousins is having a really tough time adjusting to the international rules by the look of it. Jordan brings something positive whenever he is in.

I really like Lowery, but Kyrie is head and shoulders above everyone else on the team as a ball handler. It's hard to keep him off the floor.

I agree on Jordan. Cousins is having a really tough time adjusting to the international rules by the look of it. Jordan brings something positive whenever he is in.

I really like Lowery, but Kyrie is head and shoulders above everyone else on the team as a ball handler. It's hard to keep him off the floor.
They both bring something different when they're handling the ball. Lowry has been great on defense and made some huge drives to the lane. Coach is doing a great job of rotating them in and out keeping both of them fresh.

I laugh so hard when ppl say, look out for Spain! They have Pau Gasol. Give me a break.

How big of an upset was Serbia over Australia? Before it all began I expected the US to play Australia. At least according to the experts.

And how should we do against Serbia. I believe we will win, but will it be an easier game than if we had played Australia.

"He's more of like a father figure slash mentor than he's a coach," Durant said. "On top of being a coach, when you have that combination, that makes for just an incredible leader."

University of Texas alumnus Durant and former Kentucky star DeMarcus Cousins got quite a chuckle at practice earlier this week when asked to share what they thought of Krzyzewski when they were still in college.

"I hate to say it [as a Kentucky guy]," Cousins offered, "but I really have enjoyed playin' for K."

Said Durant: "We were taught not to like Duke. I grew up in Maryland, so they used to always play each other, so we hated Duke. And I didn't think that was my style of play, just from hearing from everybody [what Krzyzewski] was like.

"But once I got to play [for] him, I was like, 'Wow, I should have looked at Duke a little bit more than I did. ... He literally told me one time, I think it was 2010 [at the Worlds in Turkey], he was like, 'Don't pass the ball.' And I was like, 'All right, cool, that's the way I want to play.'"

It seems to me that we hammer teams the second tim around in the college season, let's keep that up.

It won't happen at this point, bit I'd love to see Kyrie and Lowry on the floor together.

Cousins is looking good today too. Better than he has.

I know it's only halftime, but this one is exactly what I thought it would be. If we keep this up we might even see my boy Barnes get some run time.

I like everything Paul George is doing out there.
He is so underrated on this team. I love the guy. He takes great shots. Also, I like that the coach of this team (what's his name?) tells his shooters to keep shooting no matter what.

He says that to his shooters on his other team too.

It was my understanding that George is coming off an injury, otherwise he may have been playing more. I've also gained a lot of respect for Jordan, and a bit for Cousins.

It appears the falcon may be able to take flight in the 4th.

Reactions: UNC '92
Free the falcon, free the falcon , free the falcon, free the falcon, free the falcon, free, the falcon. YYYYEEEEESSSSS. HE'S IN. Score falcon score. Score falcon score. Score falcon score. Shoot falcon shoot. Shoot falcon shoot. Shoot falcon shoot. YYYEEESSS. OFC.

Last edited:
Draymond Green was exposed in the finals a bit and he definitely couldn't get going with this team. And you would have thought this squad would've been right up his alley.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT