ADVERTISEMENT

Tourney Podcast

I thought 2 great points were made. Coach pointing out how predictable our offense is and the fact that a freshman should not be leading us in the huddle. That, and obviously the slow starts. It often seems like we have to work so hard for our shots. Get to the second weekend and we will have new life. Just getting Roach healthy will make a difference.

Reactions: timo0402
Lots of good insight guys, thanks for a fun podcast!

I have renewed confidence since all four of you have us in the final four!! Let's go Duke!

Reactions: timo0402
I have renewed confidence since all four of you have us in the final four!! Let's go Duke!
Easy now. I was hoping none of them pick Duke to get to final four. I could be wrong but I think all but Timo picked Duke to win the ACC. Pablo even boldly predicted the Seminoles to beat the holes.

Do enjoy the podcasts though.

Excellent podcast!
I have to agree that you play your best 5 as many minutes that they can handle come tourney time. It doesn’t have to be the starting 5, just the ones that are playing good and not hurting the team. New season starts Friday, go Duke!

I think we need our bench. Roach is still playing injured; not sure he needs to be out there 35 plus minutes. But Blakes seems to be injured or in the doghouse. Also Flip needs to pace himself as our only legit big man. If Flip gets 2 fouls early we will be tested, plus it makes him less aggressive on D if he is in foul trouble. But Jon hasn't asked my opinion, ha. It's also hard to play your bench when you get down 10. I'd like to see Blakes get 5 minutes just to rest Roach. We need to avoid the get down 10 early, claw back and then falter down the stretch thing we've done at times this year. My guess is we win game one by 10 plus, and game two will be a close one. Go Duke!

Last edited:
Guard play is going to be a big factor this weekend in both our games if we are going to make it to next weekend. I can't imagine Roach is 100%. McCain and Proctor need to step it up. McCain needs to hit his open 3's and Proctor needs to get to the rim today and Sunday. If that happens, I love our chances.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT