ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on a Duke vs. UNC championship

I want it. We have a Zion and they don't.
Precisely. UNC doesn't have a Hansbrough on that roster. As Game #3 illustrated - in crunch time the team with the best offensive scorer has an enormous advantage. Classic NBA playoff game.

As for the ramifications of the game. Other than Olympic Hockey where Canada/Russia/USA typically meet in the Final ; the only other competition I can think of would be UEFA Champions League. After the first knockout stage "round" every team is thrown into the hat and there are no League (nation) restrictions. So

Real Madrid vs Barcelona in the Final has never occurred. There have been all British (Machester vs Chelsea in 2008) and all German (Bayern vs Dortmund in 2013) Finals before but they fail in comparison to what a Real & Barca final would generate

I'd take it this year. RJ guaranteed a championship last year, and well, he's done just about everything he can to prove he's serious. Oh and we have Zion and this Duke team isn't losing 3 of 4 to any team, so yeah, I'd take it. Though that isn't gonna stop me from pulling for whoever play before hand because, I want Fluke, Johnson's and Williams careers to end on an embarrassing note.

I really believe that this team is going to win it all. Tre said that they wanted to be known as the greatest Duke team ever. We beat the Holes for the National Championship then every Duke fan will put them there.
We have the best college basketball player in the nation, alpha RJ, Tre back to form, Javin playing better, Cam about to break out, bulldog JGold, the man from down under, and will get back a healthy Bolden, and most importantly the G.O.A.T. I say bring their cheating asses on and let's get #6!

Reactions: skysdad
Like most on here are saying, I wouldn’t want to take that risk. If it were to ever happen though, I would be the most ok with it this season. I have as much confidence in Zion and RJ in a huge moment like that than almost any other Duke player in recent memory.

I'd take it this year. RJ guaranteed a championship last year, and well, he's done just about everything he can to prove he's serious. Oh and we have Zion and this Duke team isn't losing 3 of 4 to any team, so yeah, I'd take it. Though that isn't gonna stop me from pulling for whoever play before hand because, I want Fluke, Johnson's and Williams careers to end on an embarrassing note.

X2 Shatter!

OFC

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
Duke and Carolina are bluebloods they shouldn't be scared, Same token UK is a blueblood and not scared

I didn’t say they were but they’re deff a level down from the other two this season. They can win though

I didn’t say they were but they’re deff a level down from the other two this season. They can win though
If I am not mistaken they beat Carolina in a head to head meeting this season. Knowing that how can you say they are a level down? Carolina was at full strength that game

If I am not mistaken they beat Carolina in a head to head meeting this season. Knowing that how can you say they are a level down? Carolina was at full strength that game

We beat you by over 30 do u think you’re 10 levels down?

The UNC team you beat and the one that earned a 1 seed are two different teams, they aren't world beaters but, I'd take them over you guys right now. They are very good, and seriously battle tested from the brutal ACC.

Reactions: pisgah101
The UNC team you beat and the one that earned a 1 seed are two different teams, they aren't world beaters but, I'd take them over you guys right now. They are very good, and seriously battle tested from the brutal ACC.
You think our freshmen are the same team. We are elite defenders. NC has 1 less loss that we do and 2 of their wins were DUKE without Zion. N Carolina is going to have all they can handle

Best game you played all season and worse game for UK, but if you believe that will happen again... We have vastly improved since we beat Carolina
If KY beats Duke in the national championship, they better do it by 35+. Otherwise, Duke is still the best team in 2019.

Reactions: JC CATS
This. In theory, it would be great but only if I’m guaranteed a Duke win, which is impossible. If Duke lost to the Cheaters in the NC game I think I’d lose it. There isn’t enough Xanax in the world to prep me for the 48 hours leading up to the game or the game itself.
I’d lose it too and have to get a divorce.

Like most on here are saying, I wouldn’t want to take that risk. If it were to ever happen though, I would be the most ok with it this season. I have as much confidence in Zion and RJ in a huge moment like that than almost any other Duke player in recent memory.

They are our Dynamic Duel
OFC

Reactions: MyDudeG
If KY beats Duke in the national championship, they better do it by 35+. Otherwise, Duke is still the best team in 2019.
I will take a 1 point win and the ship. I will still say Duke had the best team in 2019. See win/win ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT