ADVERTISEMENT

***Post Game Thread - KANSAS***

I saw someone mention that Tatum was out there warming up with the team during the shoot around earlier in the day. Got me really excited, but still thrilled that hopefully it means he's not too far away from making his return.

So was Giles. Bolden was not.

Can we start combining silly little threads like this into other silly little threads so we don't have so many silly little threads? Excuses? Dude, it's just a fact we lost by 1 bucket with 3 of our top players out, that's not a damn excuse, it's reality.

Done. ;):D

Reactions: Showenuff
Kansas as well played with a small line up. There big Azubuke (spelling) and others just dominated the paint especially rebounding. Amile just can't play the 5 against a team with a descent center.

Not really the fact of it being a decent center, more the fact of him being out-weighed by 50-60 pounds. Amile does not handle big strong guys well on either end. But finesse guys like Frank Kaminsky and such he can do very well with. That stretch with Azubuike is where we missed Bolden.

I didn't lose any sleep over the loss, that's for sure. In fact, I was kind of excited. Not excited about the loss, of course, but excited about the potential this team has. I mean, has there ever been any team that could play without 3 lottery picks and still almost pull off a win against a top-10 team?

But bolden isn't in some form of a boot or cast from what I could tell so that's either a good sign (most likely) or surgery is needed and hasn't happened yet.

Surgery isn't needed. His is an injury that requires more rest. I wouldn't expect him back until January, maybe December before the break if they need him. I used to think Harry and Jayson make it back by William and Mary. Now it's probably more like Maine.

We saw last night K played a six man rotation. We also know K only likes to play 6 to 7 guys with any regularity maybe 8 in a crunch. So once Giles, Tatum and Bolen start playing who sits? I just don't see K playing 9 guys each game.

With all the injuries and with the way games are going to be called I absolutely think we will play 9 guys, no question. And unlike many years we actually have 9 guys capable of playing against quality teams. Coach K is NOT going to want to overload any of Giles, Tatum, Bolden, and Allen considering the injury risk and the need to keep them fresh for the long haul. No reason whatsoever to not play 9 guys once everyone is healthy. I used to think Jeter would be the odd man oit but he's proven he can be a capable backup center. And again, we can't overload Giles and Bolden, in fact they may even need to be on minute restrictions for a while.

There's plenty of discussion on the game thread about it. Join in over there. No need for a whole thread jumping a player who didn't do anything to deserve that. Your Bilas post is still standing isn't it?

The "you don't agree, you're abusing power" act is old. News flash, I'm a moderator on a messageboard. If you saw the paycheck we got, you'd realize how stupid it is to complain about power abuse. I'll give you a hint: $0. Hahaha so lame.
Hit up @denniden i'm actually getting a hefty monthly check. Must be getting your share.

Surgery isn't needed. His is an injury that requires more rest. I wouldn't expect him back until January, maybe December before the break if they need him. I used to think Harry and Jayson make it back by William and Mary. Now it's probably more like Maine.
Can you push to have all 3 back for Elon please?

I just want to reiterate how proud I am of these kids. They fought like hell last night. You take that fight and add a couple of pieces and we are in business in April.

Reactions: HuffyJB
He's been resting it for 2 weeks now. Concerning if a leg injury needs rest and he isn't back on the 10th for UNLV. That's almost 6 weeks of rest. In my mind i was hoping they would all be back by app state to get some minutes then be ready for MSU. Hopefully we at least have Tatum for MSU.

It would be nice with UNLV, Tenn State, and Elon to have everyone available and be able to work on lineups and chemistry before the break and get ready for ACC play. Wishful thinking?

I just want to reiterate how proud I am of these kids. They fought like hell last night. You take that fight and add a couple of pieces and we are in business in April.
I agree, because we remember the last 5-10 minutes but there were some really really lazy stretches by the team the middle of the first half and the start of the 2nd half. It's exciting they could be in the game with 6 players, the way it was called, and playing so poor at times.

He's been resting it for 2 weeks now. Concerning if a leg injury needs rest and he isn't back on the 10th for UNLV. That's almost 6 weeks of rest. In my mind i was hoping they would all be back by app state to get some minutes then be ready for MSU. Hopefully we at least have Tatum for MSU.

It would be nice with UNLV, Tenn State, and Elon to have everyone available and be able to work on lineups and chemistry before the break and get ready for ACC play. Wishful thinking?

With a NBA future ahead, this is a trend I expect to grow. Treat injuries with the utmost care. I believe December we may see some of the 3 but maybe not all. Surgery has not been in the discussion though.

Thank you DH. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, this may be the first loss ever that didn't bother me much. Games without Giles Tatum and Bolden are like practices for me. We haven't even seen our team yet. People are going to talk trash, say we suck, we're overrated, yadda yadda yadda. Let it roll off your back. This ass kicking machine will be firing off very soon. We just lost to Kansas by a jumper when we played poorly and had a cold night from Grayson. Meanwhile 3 Lottery picks watched from the bench. That's no excuse people, that's a damn fact. Don't get down on this team, we're just getting started.

With a NBA future ahead, this is a trend I expect to grow. Treat injuries with the utmost care. I believe December we may see some of the 3 but maybe not all. Surgery has not been in the discussion though.
Do you think we will see them on the floor together, playing in a real basketball game, in a Duke uniform this year?

Thank you DH. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, this may be the first loss ever that didn't bother me much. Games without Giles Tatum and Bolden are like practices for me. We haven't even seen our team yet. People are going to talk trash, say we suck, we're overrated, yadda yadda yadda. Let it roll off your back. This ass kicking machine will be firing off very soon. We just lost to Kansas by a jumper when we played poorly and had a cold night from Grayson. Meanwhile 3 Lottery picks watched from the bench. That's no excuse people, that's a damn fact. Don't get down on this team, we're just getting started.
Need to hold down the fort now, win both this weekend, beat MSU at home and then our schedule is easy until ACC play. This would keep us in the top 5 and in line for a #1 seed. Losing to MSU and even another game would give us 0 out of conf quality wins and require us to win the ACC to be a #1 seed.

When is our next game. Kansas is over. I'm ready for the next game. OFC

Reactions: dbav
Yes I believe you are all right. I think it's always great that we have a next game to look forward to. I'm already pumped for it. Have to work at the lake so I won't be able to see it. Hope we are hitting on all cylinders and come back strong. Would love to see Frank breakout with a great game. What do we know about Penn St. this year. OFC

It's Penn State but it's in Connecticut isn't it? I believe it's part of a tournament because we play the winner of Cincinnati/Rhode Island?

That's correct I believe it's at the Mohegan sun in CT... winner plays the winner of Cincy/Rhode Island on Sunday

Just watched the replay. We play with heart, except when it comes to rebounding throughout the game. That should be better once we get a few forwards back. Tatum will make us so much better.

Yes I believe you are all right. I think it's always great that we have a next game to look forward to. I'm already pumped for it. Have to work at the lake so I won't be able to see it. Hope we are hitting on all cylinders and come back strong. Would love to see Frank breakout with a great game. What do we know about Penn St. this year. OFC

2-1 on the season
W's Duquesne - 82-74
Grand Canyon - 85-76

L's Albany 87-81

Other then that not much else I know

Did anyone happen to see the end of the Butler/Northwestern game last night? Butler won on a nearly identical shot that beat Duke the night before.

I rewatched too. Grayson played hurt. He's grimacing a lot last 8 minutes. he's a frigging warrior.

Reactions: dukehokie
i know I'm a no body on this board... but my perspective on this game... I am damn proud of this team!!! They just played a top 10 team in the country without 3 of their best players and took that team to the last possession! I don't think many teams would even be in this type of game! Foul trouble, fatigue, it didn't matter... this team fought their tails off! I don't care what anyone says, I am damn proud of this team!
No doubt proud, I expected a 10 points loss to Kansas with the Big Three Injured. But I must say , I noticed some "over passing" as times instead of looking for shot; some bad passing turnovers; Who that 2nd , 3rd option is on offense better start trusting themselves and shoot ball, cause Grayson right now (I don't know about him being "THE MAN")

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT