ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs. Pitt 2 - No win no Gameball

BluePhil

Cameron Crazy
Jan 28, 2008
I am really disappointed to see some of the same things I believed Scheyer was lacking last year are still true this year. Don't get me wrong, I still think he is a good coach, and could possibly be great. But really wanted to see some marked improvement this year.

I know, I know - we were lacking 2 starters. And yes they made some Circus shots - but by and large we made a mediocre offensive team look like a great offensive team. Yes, no Mitchell changes our defensive identity, but we are suppossed to be playing with elite players that can adjust.

But the problem with that is the coach needs to coach those adjustments. Capel just watched game tape from our previous game and abused us just as they did. However, rather than squeaking out a win we lost in humiliating fashion.

The season is far from lost. Scheyer just needs to step it up a bit. He's got the horses, he just needs to get them to run the right way. Or we are just going to get abused more times this season by mediocre teams.

Coach K used to preach "don't let one bad play lead to 2 or 3 bad plays." Ditto with games. Next play as it were. We were shorthanded, losses happen. Let's get back to winning.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Coach K used to preach "don't let one bad play lead to 2 or 3 bad plays." Ditto with games. Next play as it were. We were shorthanded, losses happen. Let's get back to winning.
Too late we have had 3 bad games out of the last 4. Don't conflate winning with playing well.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT