ADVERTISEMENT

Gameball Duke vs. Clemson

Who gets the Gameball

• Mark Mitchell - 13 pts - 6 reb - 1 stl - crucial steal at tge end of game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kyle Filipowski - 9 pts - 4 reb - 1 ast - 1 stl - 4 blks and crucial 3 pt plat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tyrese Proctor - 18 pts - 5 reb - 2 ast - 2 stl - and clutch free tgrows

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Jared McCain - 21 pts - 5 reb - 2 ast - 3 stl

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters

BluePhil

Cameron Crazy
Jan 28, 2008
This team gas not been as much fun to watch. I have been disappointed in the way we play and look.

It is the first time I remember since being a fan since the 70s tgat I feel we are worse than our record.

But, we gritted it out. I hope we find some answers for all our substandard moments and start playing more to our potential.

And I wish Scheyer showed more fire. He is back on the bench every play. Needs to be their coach and not their best friend (which is the impression I get at least).

I'm going with Proctor. Not only did he have some clutch shots, including the last 2 FT, but his defense on that punk Girard was excellent.

McCain played hard and scored when we really needed it so he would be an easy alternate pick.

And I wish Scheyer showed more fire. He is back on the bench every play. Needs to be their coach and not their best friend (which is the impression I get at least).
Impression I have of Jon, exactly ever since he took over. He played "good cop" so long to K's "bad cop," it's ingrained in his HEAD COACHING style. Can it change? Time will tell.

I know we better get some things (rebounding, missed FTs, more consistency from Flip), straightened out fast to have a chance in two tough as hell road games this week.

Right now I see the VA Tech game as a nailbiter, with Hokies typically squeaking it out in what's become our "House of Horrors." Saturday is the first time in a while I fear we could get blown out by the Cheats at their place. Crack that whip Jon, we need to get better in a hurry!!

Blue, this was just a follow-up to your fine content. I went with Tyrese, free throws had large part to do with it. Thanks, OFC

I agree with all your comments Hart. I'm reminded of the scene in Bull Durham where kevin Costner tells the manager: "They're kids. You have to scare them". Jon had such fire as a player, but maybe he's not conveying that fire to the team. They take too many possessions, on offense and defense, off.

I have great confidence with Scheyer as being the smartest guy in the room. But he needs to motivate these guys. There's no emotion on the team right now.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I agree with all your comments Hart. I'm reminded of the scene in Bull Durham where kevin Costner tells the manager: "They're kids. You have to scare them". Jon had such fire as a player, but maybe he's not conveying that fire to the team. They take too many possessions, on offense and defense, off.

I have great confidence with Scheyer as being the smartest guy in the room. But he needs to motivate these guys. There's no emotion on the team right now.
Liftee you hit right on it; Jon is "the smartest guy in the room!!" We have very little "motivation" right now, unless games are tight late. It's like we're thinking the win is ours. We scraped by the end of our @$$ yesterday, and that attitude won't work this week. OFC

I think it’s personnel. One more big to guard the paint and they need to guard would lead to better offense and 3 point shots. Might have it next year…..if anyone stays.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I went with McCain. Big steal and basket when we were on the ropes. That was the turning point. He is really coming along nicely. It will be interesting to see how he does the next 2 road games. If he can play well in those environments he can excel anywhere. I think barring a collapse we are safely in the tournament. But if we drop the next 2 we can probably kiss a top 4 seed goodbye.

This team gas not been as much fun to watch. I have been disappointed in the way we play and look.

It is the first time I remember since being a fan since the 70s tgat I feel we are worse than our record.

But, we gritted it out. I hope we find some answers for all our substandard moments and start playing more to our potential.

This. It’s not fun watching this “ style” of Duke basketball. Even when we pulled out the win I was like ehhh because we just don’t look good

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT