ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pet Peeves

The lid should always be up. Then no one would pee on the seat or lid when it is the middle of the night and you are half asleep. OFC

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned it yet but probably my biggest pet peeve is when someone says they'll pick you up at a certain time but then they get there to pick you up later than they told you. I had a buddy tell me that he was going to pick me up around 9:30 or 10 but he didn't get to my house until a little after 11 then he ran out of gas sitting in my driveway so we had to call a friend to come pick us up, the worst thing about it is that he had stopped by the store to get cigarettes but didn't make sure that he had enough gas

Reactions: skysdad and dbav
People who leave multiple car lengths between them and the car in front of them at a red light, which typically screws multiple people over behind them. Especially if someone is trying to merge or make a turn, etc.
Here is something close to that -- people who do NOT go to the stop bar at a red light. Instead they hang back a car length or two and never activate the traffic loops under the street. Man I hate that.

Last edited:
Here is something close to that -- people who do NOT go to the stop bar at a red light. Instead they hand back a car length or two and never activate the traffic loops under the street. Man I hate that.
Here's something else close to that as well, when people stop in the crosswalk which causes people to have to walk around their car to cross the street.

Reactions: sgrooms and skysdad
I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned it yet but probably my biggest pet peeve is when someone says they'll pick you up at a certain time but then they get there to pick you up later than they told you. I had a buddy tell me that he was going to pick me up around 9:30 or 10 but he didn't get to my house until a little after 11 then he ran out of gas sitting in my driveway so we had to call a friend to come pick us up, the worst thing about it is that he had stopped by the store to get cigarettes but didn't make sure that he had enough gas
Any tardiness. I've fired people because of it.
OFC

Any tardiness. I've fired people because of it.
OFC
Eh. At work, yes, or for things that require a precise time, like picking someone up. Not for, like, a party, though. Or dinner at someone's house. I find it polite to be at least a little late then, because you know people are running around at the last minute, getting everything done.

People who think that because they sent you an email -- you've read, processed it, acted on it, and they off the hook for whatever they requested.

This pet peeve is usually uncover with the following phrase -- "BUT I sent you an email...didn't you get it?!"

Reactions: skysdad
The lid should always be up. Then no one would pee on the seat or lid when it is the middle of the night and you are half asleep. OFC
But if you need to do more than pee and its up and you sit you might get a hind end bath.

I'm one of the shopping cart people everyone hates, haha.

Also, to quote Michanel Cain, there's only 2 kinds of people I can't sand in this world: people who are completely intolerant of other cultures...and the Dutch. :)

i don't return my cart to the parking lot corral... I return it and EXTRA carts all the way to the freakin store! Why? Well, I'm glad you asked. It's to build good will with the bag boys so they'll turn the other way when I ring up rib-eyes as bananas at the self-checkout station.

People who think duct tape is spelled duck tape.

Anyone who claims that an athlete gives 110 percent. Like dividing by zero. Impossible.

People who don't agree that the plural of RBI is RBIs. Kids these days.

And analogous to "scoring the ball" [K says this all the time] is a baseball team "plating a run." College-baseball-SIDs evidently get paid a bonus for using this. As if "scoring" a run somehow isn't good enough after 160 years.

Reactions: harttochesson
When your wife spends 4 hours cooking in the kitchen for the kids and grandkids, they were told we eat at 1 and they come crawling in about 1:45.

When your wife spends 4 hours cooking in the kitchen for the kids and grandkids, they were told we eat at 1 and they come crawling in about 1:45.
You just described my family when we get together at Thanksgiving and Christmas, the only difference is that in my family, if we were supposed to eat at 1, there will be family members that will show up 2+ hours late

Yup, that's just disrespectful. now, i don't mind if they say beforehand can't make it , or we'll be late. But if they say they'll be there then come in late for a big homecooked meal, pisses me off.

the wife never let's me comment on it but recently , i went over the wall. she was trying to keep it all warm for almost an hour, they all walk in and me? Hey! Glad you guys could make it ! we are so blessed ! Your mom only had to cook for 4 hours then keep it warm for another hour, let's eat, I'm starved. The last two visits HAVe been punctual. ;)

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
People who think duct tape is spelled duck tape.

Anyone who claims that an athlete gives 110 percent. Like dividing by zero. Impossible.

People who don't agree that the plural of RBI is RBIs. Kids these days.

And analogous to "scoring the ball" [K says this all the time] is a baseball team "plating a run." College-baseball-SIDs evidently get paid a bonus for using this. As if "scoring" a run somehow isn't good enough after 160 years.
In defense of "duck" tape, there's a brand that capitalizes on that, using a duck on its label.

So with you on the 110% thing.

It's RsBI.

I've grown to like "scoring the ball." Passing, shooting, and defending the ball are fine. I like how "scoring the ball" is distinct from guys who shoot well but require others to set them up perfectly.

When my wife and I go to a restaurant and" the host/hostess asks "Just Two?"

One of these days I'm going to respond with something along the lines of "I'm sorry. I didn't realize that two was inadequate. Give me a few minutes and I'll see if I can find some total strangers to join our party."

Let's shoot another highly rated movie in the dark so the viewers can't see what's going on. OFC

One of these days I'm going to respond with something along the lines of "I'm sorry. I didn't realize that two was inadequate. Give me a few minutes and I'll see if I can find some total strangers to join our party."
I have replied -- "No, it not just two, it's THE two"

I have replied -- "No, it not just two, it's THE two"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT