ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pet Peeves

I would rather watch the game with a diehard tarheel fan than someone who pretends to like duke. call me crazy but pretending to like my team really irritate me- "oh i'm the biggest fan" but they couldn't tell you the most basic stuff that would constitute even an average fan. fake fans irritate the hell out of me.

How about the unc fan that tells you that " I'll pull for Duke out of the conference." I respect the most disrespectful unc fan more than that fan when I hear that. No true die hard tar heel fan would ever pull for Duke. OFC

Reactions: harttochesson
How about the unc fan that tells you that " I'll pull for Duke out of the conference." I respect the most disrespectful unc fan more than that fan when I hear that. No true die hard tar heel fan would ever pull for Duke. OFC
Agreed. Would rather you tell me you'd root for the devil, only kind of pun intended.

This place use to be very very light on the swearing but it's a free for all now. Yeah, I know we are adults but it was something I treasured about DI.

Reactions: skysdad
When people overuse the word "like" in their speech.
"Like" is making a comeback from its nadir as Valley Girl superfluidity.

I heard a podcast on the "Quotative 'Like'" a year or two ago. That, for one, is a really, really useful use for when you want to capture the spirit of something more succinctly than through an exact quote. It serves the same purpose as paraphrasing. It's colloquial, but it has unspoken rules and consistency to how it's used, which gives it more validity in my book than strictly "incorrect" speech

Edit: Oh, I forgot to explain my color-coding. I have a pet peeve against the word "utilize." It's so unnecessary. "Use" will always do.

Last edited:
54cbbb361f3b6_-_decimalgregariousirishwaterspaniel_zpsu6ofwj9u.gif

Passengers that put their feet on the dashboard.

Back to driving. When the car in front of you is driving slow so you go to pass them and they speed up.

It's a long story but I could have died because of one of those type drivers and he did it on purpose. OFC

Those that don't flush the urinal or toilet. Anyone guilty. OFC

PWULIOFWWTTLEKWTATA like GDTBATH. TTGLRQ. It took me forever to figure that one out and DevilDj had to spell it out for me and yes sgrooms I'm doing it again posting consecutively without combing them. ;) OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: gottagonow and dbav
Bad drivers. They drive me crazy. If the speed limit is 55 all I ask is that you go 55. Don't go 48. It pisses me off. One more thing....horrible left-lane drivers. If the speed limit is 65 and you're doing 60 do it in the right lane.

Totally this - one of the first things I thought about - I don't mind slower drivers in the right lane (if not too slow) but slow traffic in the left lane is quite frustrating to me. If these drivers drove that way on the autobahn in Germany, they would get run off the road.

I'm not a grammar nazi, but one of my biggest pet peeves is consistently misspelled, common words. Particularly, the word, "definitely." Since message boards have developed spellcheck capabilities it has helped alleviate this issue but for years I've seen this word spelled, "definately" a thousand times over - used to drive me crazy.

Whoever said the shopping cart one was on the money, since I've lived in Michigan it's like an epidemic up here. A woman did it right in front of me and looked me in the eyes yesterday while she did it. Ughhh.

Whoever said the shopping cart one was on the money, since I've lived in Michigan it's like an epidemic up here. A woman did it right in front of me and looked me in the eyes yesterday while she did it. Ughhh.
You are a better person than I am. I don't have the ability to not say something.

I didn't see a pet peeve about peeing on the toilet seat. Anyone who doesn't raise the seat should use a urinal only.

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT