ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pet Peeves

When people say "you know what I'm saying?" over and over when they're talking to you. I like to say, no I don't know what you are saying.

Agreed. I try to be cognitively aware if I slip and use those filler words that don't mean anything.

Back in an economics class several years ago, one of the students in my class had a question about the upcoming exam. Here's part of the exchange he had with the professor that I found rather amusing

Student: So for the test, you know what I'm saying (pauses to gather his thoughts)
Professor: Not yet. (sort of a smug smile)

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
He's gonna see that and poast something cute about pet peeves. Watch out. OFC
Yeah, he's starting to post more here than probably at THR. I wouldn't know, because I was banned about 6 months ago.

Another pet peeve is people that can dish it out but can't dish it in like those at THR. I guess they have had to dish it in more the last 7 years than they're accustomed to. Talk about some thin skinned tools!

Yeah, he's starting to post more here than probably at THR. I wouldn't know, because I was banned about 6 months ago.

Another pet peeve is people that can dish it out but can't dish it in like those at THR. I guess they have had to dish it in more the last 7 years than they're accustomed to. Talk about some thin skinned tools!

I have a buddy that is a disher who can't handle it coming back at him. We gave him an Indian name, Dish can't take.

Reactions: Dukesince90
People who leave multiple car lengths between them and the car in front of them at a red light, which typically screws multiple people over behind them. Especially if someone is trying to merge or make a turn, etc.

I purposely leave space between me and the car in front. It enables me to change my mind. If I see the line is t moving at a rate that pleases me, by leaving space, I've given myself the option of changing course.

I'm married now. But one of my old pet peeves was when I was on a date and about to get lucky, but she woke up too soon.;)
Dating? I remember that even though its been 34 years ago. How about when you had finished whatever you were doing on the date, eating, movie or whatever and she says, "I had a nice time tonight but have to get up really early tomorrow". That was a sign it's wasn't going to end the way you had hoped.

Last edited:
Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Dating? I remember that even though its been 34 years ago. How about when you had finished whatever you were doing on the date, eating, movie or whatever and she says, "I had a nice time tonight but have to get up really early tomorrow". Thats was a sign it's wasn't going to end the way you had hoped.
Yeah. That is the sign of failure.

My post was really just a creepy Bill Cosby joke. Haha

Reactions: gottagonow
Yeah, I understand you dick

Brofist-random-30713110-716-693.jpg

Reactions: UNC71-00
You could have saved all that typing by getting to the point and saying, "I am a selfish asshole when I am driving".

No doubt. I'm kind of like that all the time. Not just when I'm driving. What's worse is I'll cuss someone out for doing exactly what I do. I guess I just think I'm better than other people.

Waiting in line to order your food, and then when the person in front of you gets up not knowing what they want.

Reactions: tarheel0910
No doubt. I'm kind of like that all the time. Not just when I'm driving. What's worse is I'll cuss someone out for doing exactly what I do. I guess I just think I'm better than other people.

That's the Larry David syndrome....I suffer from the same affliction. Certain crap that applies to everyone else shouldn't apply to me because I'm smarter. At least that's my rationale.

Another pet peeve is that Larry David took off five years between seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm. I'm happy it's coming back for a ninth season.

To be serious for a moment, though - People throwing cigarette butts out their car window. Don't do that.

Littering is so 80s. I never see people do it anymore. Smoking has such a stigma these days that I rarely see people smoke. And when I do, they're usually careful to not draw any more attention to their habit by throwing butts on the ground.

But I hear ya. When I do see it happen, it's pretty shocking.

Starting threads asking people to rank things or what's their favorite, when the site has a Poll function right there on the Post New Thread page.

You have an unhealthy obsession with poles, err, I mean polls. Or I don't know, maybe both (NTTAWWT).

Going to a restaurant where you have to wait your turn to be seated and someone who just walks in goes to the empty seat that has just come available. In the same restaurant waiting for a seat and the people just sit and talk for 30 minutes after they have finished eating and know there are people standing waiting for a seat. To clarify I'm talking about small diners where sometimes you have to wait for a table. OFC

Reactions: harttochesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT