ADVERTISEMENT

So, Izzo is No Longer Obsessed with Beating K and Duke

OldasdirtDevil

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 16, 2009
Yeah, sure, hahaha. But here is the part this click bait happy writer said that irked me (there's a bunch of other crap in there too):

Mike Krzyzewski doesn’t like to talk about it. Not really. Especially not on the eve of Duke’s biggest game of the year.

Yeah, he’s lost just once to Michigan State's Tom Izzo over the years. He’s won 11 times.

And? So?

“I'm not a big believer in coaches' records against one another,” he said Saturday afternoon at Capital One Arena. “It's not like you have the same team, the same circumstance; somebody might have been injured. (Maybe it was) a time where your team wasn't functioning as well.”

If you can’t sense the disdain in his voice well, trust me, it was there. He hid it behind a smile, for good reason.

Disdain? For Izzo? No, not a chance, it's called respect for Izzo. The hate for K and Duke is unreal. Logic and common sense goes out the door while discussing the subject. Jeez.

Izzo and the Spartans want to win this game more than anything ever in their lives. And so do we. I just want to win, but it would be nice to put together one of our A games and wipe the floor with them.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...higan-state-tom-izzo-duke-coach-k/3322270002/

Last edited:
Nice post OAD. There is no doubt that this is the biggest game MSU has had for them this year, and they want it more than any game to date, simply because it is "K" and Duke.
The worst part of this game is the law of averages, which favors a good team that has lost 11 of the last 12, and 4 of 5 in Tourney games. Sooner or later it is going to happen, let's just hope it is not today!
As you said, we haven' seen the Duke "A" game yet, and what I wouldn't give to see it today.
If someone will step up to help Zion & RJ today, and Tre can do a decent job on Winston, we will win this one. I just feel like both Zion & RJ must score in the 20's, and Tre (Cam?) or someone else (Alex) must score in double digits also.
I probably want this one worse than MSU does!! I want Tre to have the opportunity to play in Minn. in the Final Four.
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Yeah, sure, hahaha. But here is the part this click bait happy writer said that irked me (there's a bunch of other crap in there too):

Mike Krzyzewski doesn’t like to talk about it. Not really. Especially not on the eve of Duke’s biggest game of the year.

Yeah, he’s lost just once to Michigan State's Tom Izzo over the years. He’s won 11 times.

And? So?

“I'm not a big believer in coaches' records against one another,” he said Saturday afternoon at Capital One Arena. “It's not like you have the same team, the same circumstance; somebody might have been injured. (Maybe it was) a time where your team wasn't functioning as well.”

If you can’t sense the disdain in his voice well, trust me, it was there. He hid it behind a smile, for good reason.

Disdain? For Izzo? No, not a chance, it's called respect for Izzo. The hate for K and Duke is unreal. Logic and common sense goes out the door while discussing the subject. Jeez.

Izzo and the Spartans want to win this game more than anything ever in their lives. And so do we. I just want to win, but it would be nice to put together one of our A games and wipe the floor with them.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...higan-state-tom-izzo-duke-coach-k/3322270002/

I think the writer meant disdain for the subject, which is understandable.

Coach K has a team full of freshman playing on the biggest stage they've seen and he's being asked about his lifetime record against the other coach. Yeah, I'm sure he would be pretty frustrated with the questions.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I think the writer meant disdain for the subject, which is understandable.

Coach K has a team full of freshman playing on the biggest stage they've seen and he's being asked about his lifetime record against the other coach. Yeah, I'm sure he would be pretty frustrated with the questions.

Perhaps he did, Jtre, and I took it wrong. If so, I'll apologize for jumping to the wrong conclusion.

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT