ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SOUTH CAROLINA STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Thank god we can finally move on from the Ohio State game. When I coached I always hated losing right before Christmas break because you don't get a chance to wipe it off the slate three days later. The OSU kind of had the same affect on me.

I don't know much about SC State besides its deceiving record of 3-7. Oddly, the only team that's really throttled them was Charleston in the Bulldogs second game of the season. Otherwise they've been somewhat competitive. A 16 point loss to Georgia, an OT loss to the Citadel (our only like opponent) and a win over a high major team in South Florida (albeit not a very good high major team).

I've got to believe we're hungry for this game and pissed off after the loss and the layoff. With finals over, we can focus on basketball for the next week and a half, take a break for Christmas, and really dial in before second semester starts.

At the time of posting I haven't seen a spread yet, but my guess is going to put it back in the 28 (ish?) range.

On a side note, I'm still a little butt hurt that I picked THE EXACT RIGHT SCORE for the Gonzaga game and got almost no love for that lol?!?! I'm sure it's happened since we've had this little tradition - (maybe it hasn't?) but I know I've never done it, technically my guy @skysdad also picked it right, because that guy is still riding my coattails! :p

Anyway, I like us, and I like us to cover tonight in a blowout. Tonight's game is slated to tip at 8pm est and will air on the ACC Network.

Duke 88

South Carolina State 58

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: christophero
We win and Keels and Roach go 1 for 30.
Reverse jinx. I hope.
Seriously want to see some good ball movement and 3 point shooting. Want to see more out of AJ, and some contributions from Baker, Blakes and Jones.

Last edited:
Reactions: sheyduke
I saw the line being around 36ish. We start slow because of the long layoff.

Duke- 84
SC State- 59

Duke and they play full throttle from beginning to end.
Duke 90
SC 75

On a side note, I'm still a little butt hurt that I picked THE EXACT RIGHT SCORE for the Gonzaga game and got almost no love for that lol?!?!
No worries Kville!!! Tis' the holiday season and I am sure you will get over it!!!!! Lol! #GoDevils OFC

Thank god we can finally move on from the Ohio State game. When I coached I always hated losing right before Christmas break because you don't get a chance to wipe it off the slate three days later. The OSU kind of had the same affect on me.

I don't know much about SC State besides its deceiving record of 3-7. Oddly, the only team that's really throttled them was Charleston in the Bulldogs second game of the season. Otherwise they've been somewhat competitive. A 16 point loss to Georgia, an OT loss to the Citadel (our only like opponent) and a win over a high major team in South Florida (albeit not a very good high major team).

I've got to believe we're hungry for this game and pissed off after the loss and the layoff. With finals over, we can focus on basketball for the next week and a half, take a break for Christmas, and really dial in before second semester starts.

At the time of posting I haven't seen a spread yet, but my guess is going to put it back in the 28 (ish?) range.

On a side note, I'm still a little butt hurt that I picked THE EXACT RIGHT SCORE for the Gonzaga game and got almost no love for that lol?!?! I'm sure it's happened since we've had this little tradition - (maybe it hasn't?) but I know I've never done it, technically my guy @skysdad also picked it right, because that guy is still riding my coattails! :p

Anyway, I like us, and I like us to cover tonight in a blowout. Tonight's game is slated to tip at 8pm est and will air on the ACC Network.

Duke 88

South Carolina State 58

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great minds think alike. OFC

I think we see a rough first 10 minutes followed by a slow shift to total domination. Duke 88 SCS 61.

It sure would be nice to see us execute on both ends of the floor. Mr. Keels?!?!??! Paging Mr. Keels???!! Let's see Trevor have a few solid games heading into ACC play. If we the UK game Keels this team is at a different level.

n a side note, I'm still a little butt hurt that I picked THE EXACT RIGHT SCORE for the Gonzaga game and got almost no love for that lol?!?! I'm sure it's happened since we've had this little tradition - (maybe it hasn't?) but I know I've never done it, technically my guy @skysdad also picked it right, because that guy is still riding my coattails! :p
Congrats K-Ville!! You are due your props for sure

Hope Theo's back is okay. We are going to need him for the ACC wars.
Breaking news...Duke is better than SC State. Our sole goal in the second half should be to get AJ and Bates Jones and Blakes in double figures.
AJ with 7 and Joey Buckets with 13!

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
Hopefully that game was a big confidence builder for many, none more important than; AJ, Keels and Baker. When we shoot threes like we did last night we beat anyone. I'm still not quite sure how we gave up 21 offensive rebounds, but I'm sure coach will address that.

Reactions: christophero
Hopefully that game was a big confidence builder for many, none more important than; AJ, Keels and Baker. When we shoot threes like we did last night we beat anyone. I'm still not quite sure how we gave up 21 offensive rebounds, but I'm sure coach will address that.
they shot 25 for 77.....thats a lot of shots and a lot of misses...lol...good defense and guys scrambling to make that happen equaled opportunistic rebounds for them imo

Reactions: AlanInNJ
Happy for AJ. Bates looked good too. We might need Jones if Theo is hurt. If AJ comes on our bench is excellent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT