ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Answer the question correctly, Give the next question. No cheating.

No one has the right guy yet.....Hart was close on the number with 9...but believe it or not, 9....is not enough!

Another hint. I do not know if it is actually named after him, but there is a golf swing machine that hits balls with his same name

Byron Nelson is correct. Let's call is good and move on.....he won 11 in a row.....and the year he did it, he won, I believe, 18 out of 35....we will never see that kind of dominance again. The YEAR he did it may have had something to do with him pulling it off..I believe It was 1945

Reactions: hart2chesson
Keep it on golf. Jack Nicklaus won his last Masters in 86. Why did he wear the yellow shirt on Sunday?

There was a young boy who was very athletic and loved a lot of sports, including golf. He was a big Nicklaus fan. He ended up with some kind of cancer in his legs. I don't remember the story of how they knew each other, but when Nicklaus found out the cancer was terminal, he visited the boy and asked him what his favorite color golf shift was. The boy and his grandfather both thought yellow golf shirts were good luck, so the boy told Jack his favorite was yellow. So, Jack told the boy, every time you see me in a yellow shirt on Sunday, that me saying "hello".

There was a young boy who was very athletic and loved a lot of sports, including golf. He was a big Nicklaus fan. He ended up with some kind of cancer in his legs. I don't remember the story of how they knew each other, but when Nicklaus found out the cancer was terminal, he visited the boy and asked him what his favorite color golf shift was. The boy and his grandfather both thought yellow golf shirts were good luck, so the boy told Jack his favorite was yellow. So, Jack told the boy, every time you see me in a yellow shirt on Sunday, that me saying "hello".
Yes sir, and then the boy died sometime before the Masters of 86. Jack went to his closet before the round on Sunday and pulled the yellow shirt out and his wife said "Yes!" You're up DukefanKY

Reactions: hart2chesson
I haven't followed this thread from the beginning, and I am NOT going back to read every question, so hopefully this hasn't been asked.

What college basketball player hit the first 3 pointer?

Last edited:
Ronnie Carr. I want to say it happened in 1980. I worked at WCU for 3 years, so I've certainly heard this question before.

Who was the first ACC Men's Basketball Player of the Year? My attendance on the weekend is usually shoddy, so feel free to go ahead with the next question if you feel good about your answer. Or if you give up, feel free to check the guesses of others.

Ronnie Carr. I want to say it happened in 1980. I worked at WCU for 3 years, so I've certainly heard this question before.

Who was the first ACC Men's Basketball Player of the Year? My attendance on the weekend is usually shoddy, so feel free to go ahead with the next question if you feel good about your answer. Or if you give up, feel free to check the guesses of others.

Lennie Rosenbluth

OFC

In the late 70's into '80 UVA had three standout players from the state of Kentucky.

Name the 4th Kentuckian on those teams.

Not Stokes.

Raker, Lamp, Jones, and ____were all from Kentucky. The three names were all conference and/or all American, but the 4th was not.

No they all were from Kentucky, two from a powerhouse HS.

I'm giving it to Hart for his efforts because I'm headed out of town.

The answer is Terry Gates.

Reactions: skysdad
No they all were from Kentucky, two from a powerhouse HS.

I'm giving it to Hart for his efforts because I'm headed out of town.

The answer is Terry Gates.

Thanks Buckin! Should have gotten it, strong and very physical forward.... OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT