ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Answer the question correctly, Give the next question. No cheating.

Okay Denver gave a good hint. I'll say former Carolina Panther Brad Hoover is probably the most famous alum and when the first three was hit they might of cheered "whee"

Name the Elon player Grayson tripped last year that led to the suspension. Gone to bed. Will check in the morning for a winner.OFC

Okay Denver gave a good hint. I'll say former Carolina Panther Brad Hoover is probably the most famous alum and when the first three was hit they might of cheered "whee"

You're selling our school short if you rank Brad Hoover at the top. I got my Master's from WCU, btw.

Clyde Simmons is #11 all-time in the NFL in career sacks.
David Patten is 3x Super Bowl Champion with the Patriots
Paul Johnson, Georgia Tech Head Football Coach, is closing in on 200 Career Victories
Kevin Martin has averaged 20+ ppg 6 times during his NBA Career
Greg Holland is a 3x MLB All-Star
Manteo Mitchell won a Silver Medal in the 2012 Olympic Games

You're selling our school short if you rank Brad Hoover at the top. I got my Master's from WCU, btw.

Paul Johnson, Georgia Tech Head Football Coach, is closing in on 200 Career Victories

This is true. I guess being a panther fan I didn't think anything about the others.

Reactions: dukedevilz

Dont forget all time basketball great Henry Logan! OFC

Yeah give me Greg Holland as the pride of WNC, as far as current athletes at least.

That would be former Atlanta Brave pitcher Tony Cloninger. He's from N.C. and used to have a beach house at Emerald Isle. Still have his baseball card. OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
^ I'm 100% certain that it was Tatis. It was a pretty big story at the time. The Cardinals were already a huge draw in the late 90's with McGwire coming off of his 70 HR season. Tatis was right behind Mark McGwire in the batting order ... pretty sure Big Mac drew a walk both times before the two grand slams.

Reactions: GillJET
^ I'm 100% certain that it was Tatis. It was a pretty big story at the time. The Cardinals were already a huge draw in the late 90's with McGwire coming off of his 70 HR season. Tatis was right behind Mark McGwire in the batting order ... pretty sure Big Mac drew a walk both times before the two grand slams.

You are right . I read incorrectly. Tony hit his in one game which is pretty awesome for a pitcher. I'm not worthy. :) OFC

Yeah I need to go back and check the box score of that game to see how it all went down.

Where in the world was this old thread dug up. I think Vitale even gave them when RJ got his but I wasn't paying a lot of attention. We know RJ. I'm pretty sure Banks and to guess at the other two Battier and Laettner. OFC

Last edited:
Actually, it was Heyman. That's what I get for being half asleep, haha.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT