ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- game 5- Duke Vs Bellarmine

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Sorry for the late start fellas I’m out of town with the fam.

Another game in Cameron against what should be an inferior opponent. We current sit as a 24 pt favorite for this 830 tip on ACCN. The bellarmine knights have played two ACC opponents on the season, one against Lville which ended in a win (how’s that move working out Nolan??) and one was an L to Clemson.

The knights are coached by Scott Davenport with an impressive 398-130 coaching record, although most of that was the D2 level. Last year was the schools 2nd in D1 and posted a 20 win season. Scott is a Louisville native(where the school is located) and this is his only college job. Before being a knight he was a boys high school coach winning one state championship

Duke-80

bellarmine- 52

I think the good guys win pretty big but Bellermine runs a quick passing offense that will challenger our defenders.

It’s a good test for our defense.

84-60

Reactions: KDSTONE
Think Bellarmine will get some easy baskets in the beginning due to their style of offense. We start to get some momentum late first half and pull away second half.

Duke 77
Bellarmine 58

It will be tight in the first half, then we pull away and win by 25.

I think Bellarmine could hang with Duke for a while in the first half & maybe even make a run in the 2nd half to cut in to a double digit Blue Devil lead, but ultimately there is too much talent for the home team tonight. Duke 77-62

Reactions: christophero
I am! Bellarmine is a tough group. How are they a 24-point underdog? Duke's ball movement has been solid to the start. Jon has gone deep into the bench early. Oh, and I love Jaylen Blakes. That kid has made a massive leap between his first- and second-year.

- this team can defend but Roach is weak on covering back-door cuts
- there is a lot of work for this team offensively. Not sure there’s a guy who can break opponents down and get to the rack.

Reactions: Friction.
4.5 games in and I am very concerned about the offensive potential of this team. If not for nailing a lot of 3’s, they’d be tied or losing this game….

Bellarmine is very scrappy, and well coached. I like our ball movement. Now let’s see what kind of adjustments Jon makes for the 2nd half. Hope we get some separation.

Reactions: sheyduke
Defense has been horrible again first half. Let pick it up second half.
Huh? How is the defense horrible? Duke won’t face a team that passes like this again and the one kid is hitting every type of three he shoots. I agree on Roach and the back door cuts.
They are a tourney team and they are limiting Dukes entry pass making them prove they can score through jump shots. They basically play old school basketball.

It’s because they are shooting just as good as Duke is and we have more turnovers. They are 52% and 45% from three. Duke need stops.

We need someone who can successfully break down a defense. Proctor or Whitead could be that guy.

We need someone who can successfully break down a defense. Proctor or Whitead could be that guy.
When you’ve got the physique of Whitehead surely he could be doing something other than jacking up 3s. Hopefully he hasn’t got his stroke back yet and this is an aberration

Let’s be honest: is Proctor a true PG? I’m not seeing it. A combo guard? Sure.

A lot of work to do in practice this week heading into the Phil Knight tournament. Went to the stall ball too early tonight, by the way. We were playing not to lose the lead instead of playing to extend.

I think all of our guards are combo guards, but Proctor has the best court vision. He's going to be good. He'd be great as a soph, but you know how that goes.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Only 4 games in but this team seems very familiar to the other teams for the past 3 years or so. Would love a true PG, some sort of offensive sets, and the ability to penetrate and guard on the ball...a work in progress for sure

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT