ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs JMU rnd of 32

As Chris said, the team can prove people wrong. But sadly, it’s like the fans have wanted it more than the players for much of the season.
I think they've wanted it. It's a question of execution and, at times, effort. The competitive fire, as Jon said, was undoubtedly missing against the cheats and State to end the year. I think we brought it against Vermont on Friday. The defense was outstanding in the second half. We must get that for 40 minutes this evening to win.

Reactions: bullcity gamer
My dad said "there is something off with that team" after Friday. I agree, but still think we can win today. He also only watches the big games, which we have mostly lost this year. It does make you wonder why this team has to be prodded to put forth maximum effort. Youth I guess. We will see today if we learned from last year.

Last edited:
JMU does all the things well we've struggled with this year. I hope we come out ready. Back-to-back second-round losses will hurt Jon with a good bit of our fanbase if we can't get it done.

My dad said "there is something off with that team" after Friday. I agree, but still think we can win today. He also only watches the big games, which we have mostly lost this year. It does make you wonder why this team has to be prodded to put forth maximum effort. We will see today if we learned from last year.

Get your dad signed up to post!

I think they've wanted it. It's a question of execution and, at times, effort. The competitive fire, as Jon said, was undoubtedly missing against the cheats and State to end the year. I think we brought it against Vermont on Friday. The defense was outstanding in the second half. We must get that for 40 minutes this evening to win.
My dad said "there is something off with that team" after Friday. I agree, but still think we can win today. He also only watches the big games, which we have mostly lost this year. It does make you wonder why this team has to be prodded to put forth maximum effort. We will see today if we learned from last year.
Bleed, your second and third sentences are spot on. Effort and according to what Jon said after the cheats and pack games pretty much sum up this team. We don’t think it’s talent.

And Chris, seriously, your dad seems like a smart man.

He doesn't like the way Flip plays. But he hasn't seen his best games either. He has some good insights though. He says Flip is talented but big men not going up strong is a pet peeve of his from coaching. And missed foul shots at crucial times.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanInNJ
Pick and Roll defense will be key and protecting the perimeter....we need Flip to score 20+...hopefully we get good games from everyone and no one shows up cold.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
You can’t tell me this looks like the same team that played Vermont. The energy and hustle are much higher, and it shows! Let’s go Duke!!!

It’s crazy but James Madison just has not looked like the high energy squad they are. They’ve been playing extremely cautious and scared

But damn do we look good or do we look fantastic? Ball movement, defense and rebounding have been fantastic. Hope roach is okay

Reactions: sheyduke
It’s crazy but James Madison just has not looked like the high energy squad they are. They’ve been playing extremely cautious and scared

But damn do we look good or do we look fantastic? Ball movement, defense and rebounding have been fantastic. Hope roach is okay
We look fantastic! Best of all year! Let’s not lose focus now and keep it going!

JMU finding some rhythm now on offensive penetration. Have to lock it down before the half…don’t let them have hope and get back into it.

lets finish the half strong for a change too.....complete half..no drop off....

Unreal. The bad luck this team has had with key untimely injuries over the past 13 years is unbelievable. Even cost a chance to repeat as champions in 2011 when Kyrie. It is unreal.
We have the worst luck with injuries.
was typing the same thing. It was so long it errored out…ever since 2011 when Kryie got hurt. could have had back to back titles.
All the way back to Boozer‘s foot. Unreal. I know injuries are a part of sports, but man..

One thing I do want to point out is we really stalled out when scheyer slowed down the offense. Let them play Jon come on

Reactions: sheyduke
Great half...need the same intensity and execution in the second half. If we limit empty possessions and TOs, we should be good. Defensively...i like the no layup mantra....foul and make them earn it...BIG 5 minutes after half time...

Reactions: kingbluedevil
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT